Re: The Colorado Buffaloes

SDSU 30
    Colo 57

Comment

Things got ugly as the game wore on. Final Score CU 82 - SDSU 49. :-/

Comment

Coach is VERY unhappy with the guard play.  Said some of the players “absolutely won’t play up to their ability”  He thought Green, Holdren, DeJong, and Beran played well.  He said he won't give up, he will coach to the best of his abilities.

Go State!

Comment

Did they say why Andy Kleinjan was out tonight, i heard emming say done for the season???
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I see only 1,600 fans at Colorado tonight.

Even the big boys have "off" nights for crowds. People in SD shouldn't worry about smaller crowds. They'll come back

Do you think people in Colorado are saying that CU shouldn't be D1. Of course not, the USD people have to quit whining about this

Comment

Andy Kleinjan is out for the rest of the year, he was never 100% and re aggravated his stress fracture. They felt best to sit him for rest of year.

Comment

I believe this was smallest crowd of year. They talked about some other games with small crowds. One was Missouri-KC with had around 2000 and that is what they expected tonight. Their biggest crowd was little over 10,000 for Kansas game.

Comment

When we were down by 2 with 12 minutes to go in the half I was ready to scream out of my front door that maybe we have turned the corner.. I don't know why we got murdered but it sure will be more fun seeing the scores on espn when we are winning. I just keep telling myself even though things are not as good as I thought they would be we could be in savannah state's shoes. Next year hopefully we will get back on the winning side more often. One suggestion to coach nagy - schedule savannah state. If things stay this bad next year I may have to go to more women's games to see some wins.
                  As for that sports_buff guy - I tend to think he has transformed himself from big jake or mav1 to sports_buff. Always remember whenever you get too excited about that usd program that you have dave boots in your corner and I guarantee you when the chips are down with that guy he will disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
                    When we were down by 2 with 12 minutes to go in the half I was ready to scream out of my front door that maybe we have turned the corner..  I don't know why we got murdered but it sure will be more fun seeing the scores on espn when we are winning. I just keep telling myself even though things are not as good as I thought they would be we could be in savannah state's shoes.  Next year hopefully we will get back on the winning side more often.  One suggestion to coach nagy - schedule savannah state.  If things stay this bad next year I may have to go to more women's games to see some wins.
                    As for that sports_buff guy - I tend to think he has transformed himself from big jake or mav1 to sports_buff.  Always remember whenever you get too excited about that usd program that you have dave boots in your corner and I guarantee you when the chips are down with that guy he will disappoint.
                    I think that moment in the first half showed what this young club is capable of doing. I was impressed that U OF C called time out to stop the run. I think we need to ignore sports buff guy, he really does not count and is here only because their is no coyote board, no one but the mitchell guy posts on the USD thread over on the Argus board and in fact mitchell guy wanted to know"where are the USD message posters?". They seem to be here. ??? ???

Comment

The Argus story:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...502150339/1002

. . .
                      STRUGGLES
                      It hasn't been a banner year for SDSU men's basketball. Monday's loss to Colorado was just one rough game. The Jackrabbits are 1-11 against Division I competition and 7-16 overall. The team's last two losses have been by a combined 71 points.
                      . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Anyone else wondering why the Argus keeps reporting that we only have one D-I victory? I count two, Tennessee St. and NDSU.

Go State!

Comment

I would assume it's the "transition period"---just like the wins against SDSU for the other D-I teams don't count.

ESPN ticker has us listed as 1-10....now 1-11....I suppose they only count the D-1 games.

I could be wrong just my .02

Comment

No, I think you are on the right track. I too have noticed that ESPN has us down for one D-I win. The Sagarin ratings in USA Today do count our win against NDSU as a D-I win. So I think there is room for interpretation.

This season we count as a D-I school when we play D-II schools and we are a D-II school to D-I full members. We are in an administrative limbo.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Giever and Hokenson are giving us absolutely nothing on the court. I realize they are two non-scholarship players who most likely never anticipated being more than role/scout players but it seems Nagy was questioning whether they were even reaching for their limited ceiling/potential. It seems to me with those two they have to give you all out effort as the talent is limited at best. If they have given up then the results we are seeing on the floor are not going to get better this year and we will continue to get beaten up.

Comment

SDSUFAN: It's not "U of C" it's CU.
                                Well, well, since you guys put so much stock in attendance and CU had a lot smaller crowd then we did when UNC played DU, I guess they shouldn't be in Division 1? Right??

Comment

Working...
                                X