X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Colorado Buffaloes

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
    SDSUFAN:  It's not "U of C"  it's CU.  
    Well, well, since you guys put so much stock in attendance and CU had a lot smaller crowd then we did when UNC played DU, I guess they shouldn't be in Division 1?  Right??
    Again BearsFan,
    none of us really care, why do you constantly come on this board and take shots at us.  This is a stupid post, what does CU's (is that better) attendance at a basketball game in Boulder have anything to do with us.  Sorry we didn't have 2000-3000 make the 18 hour drive to see the game.  You are boasting about the 3000 you drew for UNC/DU when it they are you natural rival in D1 basketball.  We drew 4000 for NDSU and we both suck this year.  What is your point.  We consistently drew 8000 for USD the past ten years.  Get over it.  Good luck in the sky.

By the way who said you shouldn't be in D1, i believe there were a number of posters who didn't think you were worthy of the BIG SKY not division 1.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Well, well, since you guys put so much stock in attendance and CU had a lot smaller crowd then we did when UNC played DU, I guess they shouldn't be in Division 1?  Right??
      uncbearsfan,

Quite being a martyr.  No one on this board has ever said that UNC shouldn't be D-I.  You yourself have told us that your fan support is lacking.  :

Just for the Record:

'03-'04 Men's Basketball Avg. Attendence:

CU - 5,647 avg. per game
      SDSU - 3,375 avg. per game
      UNC -  619 avg. per game

Go State!  ;D

Comment

89rabbit: Just relax. Is sports that important to you that you get this upset?? If that's the case, I feel bad for you.

Comment

I know it is wrong to take such joy in pointing out that yet again you are uninformed and wrong but I can't help myself.  Call me weak.  

If you don't like the way I beat you down when you bring your weak smack to our board, you have two choices. Improve your smack, or don't smack at all. Go to your board and look up my posts. You will see I don't bring to your board what you bring to ours. Have a great day.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Highlights from the Rocky Mountain News:

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/cu...548861,00.html

CU finds an elixir in rout

Buffaloes have little trouble dispatching South Dakota State

By B.G. Brooks, Rocky Mountain News
            February 15, 2005

BOULDER - Let's see . . . A candlelight dinner on Valentine's night or the University of Colorado men's basketball team against South Dakota State?

An announced crowd of 1,621 showed up at the Coors Events Center on Monday night to partake of the latter and the CU pep band showed remarkable restraint in not serenading them with, say, Roy Orbison's Only The Lonely. . . .

In the Buffs' 82-49 runaway victory against the Jackrabbits, who this season made the jump from Division II to Division I and earned $50,000 for their Valentine's massacre, . . .

South Dakota State coach Scott Nagy said his team, which is down to five scholarship players, is "a couple of years away from being able to compete with teams like (CU). . . . This team has been beaten up. When there is no hope for the rest of the season, the players start to play like they have no hope." . . .

This to shall pass. Go State! ;D

Comment

89rabbit:  Just relax.  Is sports that important to you that you get this upset??  If that's the case, I feel bad for you.  
              uncbearsfan,

You are hands-down the worst of the antagonists on this site. At least when sports buff, Mav 1, Big Jake, etc. come on the site to stir the pot, they generally use common sense and logic. You seem devoid of either. You keep touting the academics of your school, yet continually show on this site that you are void of any such benefit.

Let me give you a breakdown of most of your posts (and feel free to look back at them if you feel that I'm wrong because I'm writing from memory here). They generally include one or two bold and factually incorrect statements. You know, something along the line of "How can you say UNC is not worthy of the Big Sky when we had way more NCC titles, National Championships, much higher attendance, are smarter, better looking, and one of our alumni invented the internet which allows you to have this site in the first place."

Then when 89Rabbit or another SDSU fan (this is a SDSU site by the way) corrects you and shows that you actually have far fewer NCC titles and National Championships than we and that Al Gore actually was not an alumnus of UNC you come back by saying that either a: you (SDSU fan) missed the point of your rambling post, or b: I guess we'll agree to disagree, or c: yo mamma.

You have yet to post anything of interest and seem only interested in convincing someone from this site to pat you on the back and give you a "you're right, UNC is more deserving than SDSU or NDSU to gain entrance into the Big Sky." Well let me be the first to say Congratulations. The Big Sky has knocked on my door one to many times only to end up pissing on the couch. I congratulate you on being UNC's #1 fan and I hope you enjoy the wet, smelly couch.

By the way, I will tell you that I harbor no ill will towards UNC as a university. I wish them luck whenever they are not playing the Jacks. I just think they could do a lot better than you for a mouthpiece.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

uncbearsfan,

You are hands-down the worst of the antagonists on this site.  At least when sports buff, Mav 1, Big Jake, etc. come on the site to stir the pot, they generally use common sense and logic.  You seem devoid of either.  You keep touting the academics of your school, yet continually show on this site that you are void of any such benefit.

Let me give you a breakdown of most of your posts (and feel free to look back at them if you feel that I'm wrong because I'm writing from memory here).  They generally include one or two bold and factually incorrect statements.  You know, something along the line of "How can you say UNC is not worthy of the Big Sky when we had way more NCC titles, National Championships, much higher attendance, are smarter, better looking, and one of our alumni invented the internet which allows you to have this site in the first place."

Then when 89Rabbit or another SDSU fan (this is a SDSU site by the way) corrects you and shows that you actually have far fewer NCC titles and National Championships than we and that Al Gore actually was not an alumnus of UNC you come back by saying that either a: you (SDSU fan) missed the point of your rambling post, or b: I guess we'll agree to disagree, or c: yo mamma.

You have yet to post anything of interest and seem only interested in convincing someone from this site to pat you on the back and give you a "you're right, UNC is more deserving than SDSU or NDSU to gain entrance into the Big Sky."  Well let me be the first to say Congratulations.  The Big Sky has knocked on my door one to many times only to end up pissing on the couch.  I congratulate you on being UNC's #1 fan and I hope you enjoy the wet, smelly couch.

By the way, I will tell you that I harbor no ill will towards UNC as a university.  I wish them luck whenever they are not playing the Jacks.  I just think they could do a lot better than you for a mouthpiece.
                What?? When did I say UNC had as many NCC titles as SDSU? I could be wrong, but all I remember is asking how many NCC titles has SDSU won. It was a simple question. UNC does have more d2 national titles in football then SDSU has, am I wrong? Nor did I ever say UNC has higher attendance.

Comment

What??  When did I say UNC had as many NCC titles as SDSU?  I could be wrong, but all I remember is asking how many NCC titles has SDSU won.  It was a simple question.  UNC does have more d2 national titles in football then SDSU has, am I wrong?  Nor did I ever say UNC has higher attendance.  
                  uncbearsfan,

Go away, you have no credibility in our eyes. If you can come back with something relevant give it a shot.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What??  When did I say UNC had as many NCC titles as SDSU?  I could be wrong, but all I remember is asking how many NCC titles has SDSU won.  It was a simple question.  UNC does have more d2 national titles in football then SDSU has, am I wrong?  Nor did I ever say UNC has higher attendance.  
                    I just reread all of uncbearsfan's posts. Most of his 'errors' have been in asking leading questions as if to goad SDSU fans into responding. He didn't say UNC has as many titles as SDSU, but he implied it by the way he asked a question. The D2 titles thing was a misunderstanding. Posting in the football thread, he said SDSU didn't have any D2 titles. That's true, in football. That was his explanation for that one, which is entirely plausible.

I think we need to be careful about running people off of these boards because we don't like what they are saying or even because they have their facts wrong.

Sometimes these 'conversations' have become just two or three of us posting, to the exclusion of others' opinions. I know of a couple of SDSU fans who have been turned off by the single-mindedness here and the unwillingness to even allow criticism to be spoken.

That's not to say we shouldn't confront people when we believe they are wrong. But I don't think we want to tell people (or even imply to people) that they aren't welcome here because they disagree with our assumptions about things.

Here's one reason why criticism is good: Listening to and confronting people who disagree with you makes your arguments better. This D1 move is sometimes in need of strong arguments to confront misinformation or outright lies in an effective way. I, for one, enjoy hearing from (and confronting) even our most annoying detractors on this board. I enjoy the process of crafting an argument in opposition to some of our critics. And I think it's probably useful to the athletic department people and others at SDSU who monitor or are a part of this board to hear those critiques and to see how they are confronted.

The bottom line is we're right. The D1 move is going to be a great thing for SDSU. We will win these arguments and arguing these points is a useful (and often enjoyable) exercise. So why would we want to ask people to go away when we don't like what they say?

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                      I just reread all of uncbearsfan's posts. Most of his 'errors' have been in asking leading questions as if to goad SDSU fans into responding. He didn't say UNC has as many titles as SDSU, but he implied it by the way he asked a question. The D2 titles thing was a misunderstanding. Posting in the football thread, he said SDSU didn't have any D2 titles. That's true, in football. That was his explanation for that one, which is entirely plausible.

I think we need to be careful about running people off of these boards because we don't like what they are saying or even because they have their facts wrong.

Sometimes these 'conversations' have become just two or three of us posting, to the exclusion of others' opinions. I know of a couple of SDSU fans who have been turned off by the single-mindedness here and the unwillingness to even allow criticism to be spoken.

That's not to say we shouldn't confront people when we believe they are wrong. But I don't think we want to tell people (or even imply to people) that they aren't welcome here because they disagree with our assumptions about things.

Here's one reason why criticism is good: Listening to and confronting people who disagree with you makes your arguments better. This D1 move is sometimes in need of strong arguments to confront misinformation or outright lies in an effective way. I, for one, enjoy hearing from (and confronting) even our most annoying detractors on this board. I enjoy the process of crafting an argument in opposition to some of our critics. And I think it's probably useful to the athletic department people and others at SDSU who monitor or are a part of this board to hear those critiques and to see how they are confronted.

The bottom line is we're right. The D1 move is going to be a great thing for SDSU. We will win these arguments and arguing these points is a useful (and often enjoyable) exercise. So why would we want to ask people to go away when we don't like what they say?
                      OkRabbit, You're right on man.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit

If this is in reference to my post, reread it. It doesn't say go away for good. It says be relevant if you want to be here. I only read about 2 lines of your post so maybe I need to take my own advice.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sorry, JackMD... I probably should have said so in my rant, but I wasn't responding to anyone else's particular posts. I have just been noticing some tendencies to subtly and not so subtly discourage outside opinions at times and wanted to say something about that. I think some of us (myself included) have now and then said things here that might discourage people from participating. I don't think it's any kind of organized effort, but more of an overall impression that people could get from the way these discussions sometimes go.

Comment

I'm all for outside opinions and even got into a little argument with the good doctor about my interest in UNO's football team. However, when uncbearsfan posts it's not to give an alternate viewpoint, but simply meant to say UNC is superior to SDSU and much more deserving of the Big Sky interest. That's not a counterpoint, but instead is meant to simply rub salt in an open wound.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

If I recall correctly, this thread was about SDSU playing the University of Colorado - Boulder. The only possible connection with that former teachers college up in Greeley is that they reside in the same big square state as CU.

uncbearsfan, you may not have much experience on the Internet, but it's generally considered exceedingly rude to try to hijack a thread. Some boards will ban you just for doing that. Fortunately for you we (i.e. 89rabbit) are somewhat more tolerant than that.

So, let me simply join JackMD in encouraging you to go away, unless you can participate in a reasonably civil fashion.

If you want to talk UNC, start your own thread. Don't hijack one that has nothing to do with UNC.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I didn't want to post to bash UNC as I am in Colorado have donated to the Blue and Gold Club. But I thought I would let all of the readers understand the great attendance for the Denver University at UNC game.

The game was televised on Altitude Sports which I believe is available nationally on the Satelite and locally (Colorado, western United States) on Comcast cable. That being said there was a very good reason (TV) for the public and students to attend the game if not just for the in-state rivally game vs. DU. They had great promotion with the Denver Nuggets mascot (Rocky) at the game. Altitude donated the production costs so it did not Cost UNC money to brodcast the game.

BUT, the number one selling point to the game was probably $1.00 admission (not a typo). So comparing DU vs. UNC game assuming everyone in a attendance paid $1.00 for admission (which is not true because students get in free) UNC's revenue from admissions was $3,311 based on the sixth largest crowd (3,311) to witness a game at Butler Hancock Hall. While SDSU made $50,000 for its game vs. CU. Maybe your quote above is directed at CU?

Also when SDSU played NDSU in Men's Basketball in Frost Arena the attendance was 4281 and is the largest home attendance this year. Ticket prices for an SDSU basketball range from $10 for GA, $11 for Upper level reserved, $13 for lower level reserved, $5 for GA Kids and students are free.

So based on the attendance of 4281 and allowing for the same assumptions as stated above for your game, SDSU generated $21,405.00 if total attendance paid $5 worst case scenerio (not likely with children only paying $5.00) $42,810 if it was charging only on the Adult general admission price. Which isn't the case with reserved seating price stated above. The numbers do not lie.

My point is the Big Sky wants denver's population (Front Range) and UNC is benefiting because it is 50 miles from Denver. I would guess there is a large population base of alumni in Colorado for current Big Sky schools. Its a chance for each schools alumni to see them play in Greeley. But in terms of revenue generating UNC is not on the same planet as SDSU.
                                We...ARE...STATE!
                                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X