Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nagy a finalst for Northern Illinois

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    When you get to the website, what tab do you hit to find these salaries?
    payroll information and then salaries. No wonder why South Dakota gets ranked so bad when it comes to open records. The website is in by no means easy, better get first and last name accurate to get any information.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      payroll information and then salaries. No wonder why South Dakota gets ranked so bad when it comes to open records. The website is in by no means easy, better get first and last name accurate to get any information.
      Thanks

Comment

Good for Nagy. I selfishly hope he stays, but it's good to see his name mentioned for other jobs. That means the program is successful, even if a certain Argus reporter doesn't believe so.

Was there anything in the live chat today about it? I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
          Good for Nagy. I selfishly hope he stays, but it's good to see his name mentioned for other jobs. That means the program is successful, even if a certain Argus reporter doesn't believe so.

Was there anything in the live chat today about it? I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
          just that Nagy was contacted, will listen but isn't out trying to get the job by any means. The way it sounds is that if offered he'd really think hard about taking it. More to come in the argus tomorrow; and here it is.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...-eyes-Nagy-job

Good article, says he'll listen but thats all no plans to leave. (though $300K+ compared to $105K may change things IMHO)

also states that hes been on a 2,400 mile recruiting trip. (I know they went to the JuCo nationals and then to Kansas to watch Ron Baker. Where else I don't know)
          Last edited by joeboo22; 03-20-2011, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            From reading both the report and what the argus had on the issue the way it looks to me is that Northern Illinois hired an outside firm to look into qualified people who they believed would fit.

They contacted Nagy or his agent if he has one. And Nagy said he wasn't not interest (yes I know thats a double negative).

Then they took the list to the school and he was one of the names out of the firm that made the list to target.

I hope he doesn't leave, but either way I hope it doesn't take long to figure out. Nagy was out recruiting this past week and my guess is he will continue to be recruiting and its hard to recruit when your name is popping up for other jobs.

Hard to recruit with his name popping up?! I really doubt anyone outside of SD even cares. Id be completely surprised if a recruit knew unless the coaching staff told them, which wouldn't happen.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Hard to recruit with his name popping up?! I really doubt anyone outside of SD even cares. Id be completely surprised if a recruit knew unless the coaching staff told them, which wouldn't happen.
              I don't think this lone report will hamper recruiting, but you are fooling yourself if you think D1 recruits (or maybe more importantly, other D1 coaches) wouldn't take note and even use this against the Jacks in recruiting if it would continue to happen.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

I'd say just the opposite, and would be willing to bet that the first question asked is, "Coach, are you going to be in Brookings next year?"

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  I don't think this lone report will hamper recruiting, but you are fooling yourself if you think D1 recruits (or maybe more importantly, other D1 coaches) wouldn't take note and even use this against the Jacks in recruiting if it would continue to happen.
                  I agree with you that if this continues then it could be an issue, but not yet.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    I'd say just the opposite, and would be willing to bet that the first question asked is, "Coach, are you going to be in Brookings next year?"
                    Agree to disagree. Local recruit or someone who's signed, both Zachs(sp?), then yes. First question from some JUCO or ,for instance, that kid from Kansas? No.

Comment

Re: Nagy contacted for Northern Illinois opening

If Coach Nagy feels its the best move for him based on the opportunity, the A.D., and the compensation package he should take the job. SDSU will find someone to replace him. I sure don't want to see him go but understand that it could happen just like our A.D. understands it could happen. I am certain they have a plan/strategy to find/name a replacement when the day comes. I've always been a Nagy supporter but I'm a much bigger Jackrabbit supporter and SDSU men's basketball is more than just Scott Nagy.

Change isn't needed or necessary at this time but it also isn't likely to be disastrous either. In fact, I think there are some great candidates in our midst if the SDSU head job opens up.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Are you thinking in-house or in area?
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Another pretty solid name in the mix...

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2011/...u-job/a37ba2v/

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            If Coach Nagy feels its the best move for him based on the opportunity, the A.D., and the compensation package he should take the job. SDSU will find someone to replace him. I sure don't want to see him go but understand that it could happen just like our A.D. understands it could happen. I am certain they have a plan/strategy to find/name a replacement when the day comes. I've always been a Nagy supporter but I'm a much bigger Jackrabbit supporter and SDSU men's basketball is more than just Scott Nagy.

Change isn't needed or necessary at this time but it also isn't likely to be disastrous either. In fact, I think there are some great candidates in our midst if the SDSU head job opens up.
                            Matt Margenthaler would be my first call IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Another pretty solid name in the mix...

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2011/...u-job/a37ba2v/
                              The new candidate according to the article is indeed solid. Good for us, we keep Nagy and more onward and upward. I think we have a very good coach who others are willing to consider. He must be doing something right.

Comment

Northern Illinois has named their final four candidates:

Gonzaga's Ray Giacoletti
                                Michigan State's Mark Montgomery
                                Indiana assistant Tim Buckley
                                Purdue assistant Paul Lusk

According to the MAC director of communications' Twitter:
                                http://twitter.com/#!/JeremyGuy_MAC

Comment

Working...
                                X