Late signing period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late signing period

Has anyone heard of anymore campus visits of potential basketball recruits? Lot's of AAU and allstar tournaments going on around the area and I'm sure coaches are busy scouting players.

Comment

It was reported over on Iowa Preps that Sioux City East's 6'4 wing Dan Bohall has decided to walk-on at Iowa. They indicated he had scholarships offers from SDSU, NDSU among others. Evidently the potential of playing for the Hawkeye's was too much. He is a very good player but wonder if he will ever see the floor at Iowa?

Comment

I understand that we have another letter of intentt for the women's team but I don't know any details except that she is from South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
          It was reported over on Iowa Preps that Sioux City East's 6'4 wing Dan Bohall has decided to walk-on at Iowa. They indicated he had scholarships offers from SDSU, NDSU  among others. Evidently the potential of playing for the Hawkeye's was too much. He is a very good player but wonder if he will ever see the floor at Iowa?
          I think how Scott and Troy approached this guy in their visits and conversation could help us down the road. I have no doubt that they were very professional, and if things dont work out at Iowa for Mr. Bohall, then he will no doubt start thinking about the schools that had shown interest in him and walla, he is transferring to SDSU, maybe .

Comment

Does anybody know if 2005 recruits have to be signed by the deadline (is it May 16th?), or can they sign throughout the summer?
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The end of the late signing period is May 18, so there is a little time left.

My understanding is that if a recruit doesn't sign by then, there isn't any other signing opportunity for basketball players. Instead of signing a letter of intent, the athlete would simply enroll for classes in the fall. But there would be no commitment until the student enrolled.

Comment

I'm not an expert on this but didn't Andre Gilber sign in July last year? If thats the case I think theres still time to sign this summer.

Comment

Working...
                X