Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why we should attend all the Summit Tournament games.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why we should attend all the Summit Tournament games.....

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Great attendance so far!!!! The women's session broke the record! Men's game had to be up there..they prolly won't announce that until the 2nd half of the IUPUI-UMKC game. Two wins tomorrow and attendance WILL break the bank!

Sidenote: the crowd was into it big time both games. Moss' dunks(especially the one that was telegraphed from here to Fargo)just amped everyone up! Amen to the old man behind me jawin' the refs the whole time.

Was the old man behind you in Section D about row 5 or 6?

Comment

The crowd energy was great for the mens' game (not bad for womens' either). It was fun to be a part of it. Screw work - I'm headed back up there at noon today!

The league would be crazy to move this tournament. We're already on pace for a minimum attendence of 30,000 and will probably break the record if either team wins today. Can you imagine the numbers if both USD and SDSU had teams advancing into the semi-finals (and beyond)?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        The Summit League is not going to move the tourny because of attendance (unless it drops off a cliff), They aren't going to lose it on sponsorship money (unless that drops off a cliff) The only way they are going to lose it is if the conference directors believe that playing in a 6,200 seat arena from 1840 I mean 1960 is good enough.

The only thing I'd like the arena to do would be to get their own floor for the tournament. Nothing against skyforce teal, but watching a game with NBA, NCAAM, NCAAW, plus all the conference logo's with teal baselines/lanes kinda gets cluttered and hard to look at.
        I agree about the floor. It would be cool if they had a design similar to what is in the lobby at the Arena. I like teal but it's so worn out and tired.

And Theee Catrabbit...what if the tin roof did blow off during today's sessions? Just posing a hypothetical.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          The crowd energy was great for the mens' game (not bad for womens' either). It was fun to be a part of it. Screw work - I'm headed back up there at noon today!

The league would be crazy to move this tournament. We're already on pace for a minimum attendence of 30,000 and will probably break the record if either team wins today. Can you imagine the numbers if both USD and SDSU had teams advancing into the semi-finals (and beyond)?

When the day comes that USD is in the tourney, they will need to do something different so each schools fans can be in the same sections and not have everyone scattered about. Id hate to end up in a section with all USD fans. Buying all tournament tickets is almost going to be a must for fans when USD is in the Summit or they might be left out.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
            I agree about the floor. It would be cool if they had a design similar to what is in the lobby at the Arena. I like teal but it's so worn out and tired.

And Theee Catrabbit...what if the tin roof did blow off during today's sessions? Just posing a hypothetical.
            They'd have to move the finals to Frost . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Scalpers may even make money!

What a rush for the Summit officials if they are FORCED to restrict the crowd size.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post

We'd have no choice but to finally get that new events center built! It's win-win!
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                X