Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why we should attend all the Summit Tournament games.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we should attend all the Summit Tournament games.....

After reading all of TV's stories, blogs. watching press conferences, and attending summit social events, talking to SF Sports Authority folks, etc....I've come to the conclusion we need to attend all of these games...or hell...just purchase a ticket for one session,whether you go or not. Seem crazy? Maybe. However success of this year will be really telling if we are able to secure the Summit Tourney for a long long time. So we need to ask ourselves is an extra $13.50 on a ticket this year worth it to see the tournament kept in Sioux Falls? I think so, and so should most Jacks fans. We need to keep the tournament here until USD is Tournament eligible, after that I think other cities would have to rip this tourney from our cold dead hands. An extra $13.50 a person to keep the tournament from going to Omaha, FARGO, Ft Wayne, Tulsa(cities all looking to put bids in on the tourney), or wherever. In short, places I don't want to have to travel to(and probably wouldn't most years). Traveling to those other places would cost each of us a heck of a lot more than $13.50 in the future. It costs our school more too, so think of it as fundraiser that directly benefits State's travel costs in the future. Urge your friends and family that have kids in Basketball to take them to watch Benson play tonight or ORU vs NDSU is a good one too. They definitely will get their money's worth.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: Why we should attend all the Summit Tournament games.....

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    After reading all of TV's stories, blogs. watching press conferences, and attending summit social events, talking to SF Sports Authority folks, etc....I've come to the conclusion we need to attend all of these games...or hell...just purchase a ticket for one session,whether you go or not. Seem crazy? Maybe. However success of this year will be really telling if we are able to secure the Summit Tourney for a long long time. So we need to ask ourselves is an extra $13.50 on a ticket this year worth it to see the tournament kept in Sioux Falls? I think so, and so should most Jacks fans. We need to keep the tournament here until USD is Tournament eligible, after that I think other cities would have to rip this tourney from our cold dead hands. An extra $13.50 a person to keep the tournament from going to Omaha, FARGO, Ft Wayne, Tulsa(cities all looking to put bids in on the tourney), or wherever. In short, places I don't want to have to travel to(and probably wouldn't most years). Traveling to those other places would cost each of us a heck of a lot more than $13.50 in the future. It costs our school more too, so think of it as fundraiser that directly benefits State's travel costs in the future. Urge your friends and family that have kids in Basketball to take them to watch Benson play tonight or ORU vs NDSU is a good one too. They definitely will get their money's worth.

My wife and i are going to go to all the games except this afternoons womens session.

Comment

Good post and I agree. I'd much rather see the tourney in SF than any other location besides Fargo. It would suck to have to travel to Tulsa! Good luck to your teams in this weekend and see you in SF!

Comment

Great post catrabbit...I completely agree. I'll be at every session starting tonight. I hope all other SDSU fans are as well, no matter if our teams are playing, the impending weather, or anything else. I would go one step further and say that everyone should buy all session passes vs. Single session regardless of what they plan to attend. Doing this gives the league and the SFSA even more assurance of their success, much like buying season tickets for our football or basketball teams.

Some year (possibly this year) when both of our teams make runs to the finals we'll be thankful we made the commitment to all of the sessions so we can watch our teams qualify for the big dance in our home state.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I bought my tickets back in September. I hope to get to at least the second half of todays afternoon session and stay for the evening. I think that my seats are right in the middle of the Oral Roberts sections, so I assume I will be surrounded by SDSU fans.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I am getting ready to head out of Yankton this morning for a four day basketball get away. I know of several people who are doing the same...

Comment

Just a reminder SF owns the top 2 all time attendance figures in the history of the tournament. Even if no one buys a ticket beyond the presold tickets the attendance will be the 3rd highest ever. I agree to support the tournament but don't just but tickets to appease the Summit League. These people are smart and know how to create urgency. Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

There's an easier solution....the Jacks (men and women) can both make the finals and the attendance record will be shattered.....So, it's really up to them.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                  There's an easier solution....the Jacks (men and women) can both make the finals and the attendance record will be shattered.....So, it's really up to them.
                  Well...there's always that.......on the other hand I saw a really good game of basketball tonight...the crowd was really good! I think it's the largest 1st round Saturday crowd without an XDSU that I've seen.....good sign! Wish I could have stayed for the Bizzzon and ORU, but the kids have a big Sunday ahead of them, gotta keep'em rested and non-crabby.....

Comment

The Summit League is not going to move the tourny because of attendance (unless it drops off a cliff), They aren't going to lose it on sponsorship money (unless that drops off a cliff) The only way they are going to lose it is if the conference directors believe that playing in a 6,200 seat arena from 1840 I mean 1960 is good enough.

The only thing I'd like the arena to do would be to get their own floor for the tournament. Nothing against skyforce teal, but watching a game with NBA, NCAAM, NCAAW, plus all the conference logo's with teal baselines/lanes kinda gets cluttered and hard to look at.

Comment

It won't leave SF because of the Arena (of course they would like to see it played in a newer facility). The only way it leaves Sioux Falls, is if the other schools who annual travel to SF, want to get away from the "home" crowds for the Dakota schools. And the only thing that will keep them from doing that is if we continue to make it tough financially for them to move it. I'm with 3CR on this one.

Comment

You guys are shrewd! No way to get around that! Unfortunately your good attendance may keep the tourney in your neck of the woods. It may actually be that the only way it moves is if you start to win. I hope there's not too much danger of that happening.
                        Just kidding! I would love to see you beat Oakland. Show them what it means to play a home crowd!

Comment

Great attendance so far!!!! The women's session broke the record! Men's game had to be up there..they prolly won't announce that until the 2nd half of the IUPUI-UMKC game. Two wins tomorrow and attendance WILL break the bank!

Sidenote: the crowd was into it big time both games. Moss' dunks(especially the one that was telegraphed from here to Fargo)just amped everyone up! Amen to the old man behind me jawin' the refs the whole time.

Comment

Sunday night men's session 6436, largest turnout since 1994 according to TV tweet! That's rocking it Sioux Falls and Jacks fans!!! Let's blow the roof off that old tin can tomorrow!

Comment

Had a blast. Crowd was so fun. Refs were bad.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X