NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU

Its bunny day i'm about to go all Lakesbison on you guys.....but I like to chat with you all so i wont

safe travels to anyone making it for tonight
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
      Since Saul became head coach...

Overall Record
      NDSU: 66-52
      SDSU: 53-67

Conference Record:
      NDSU: 41-30
      SDSU: 30-41

What is the record when you take away his first year?

I don't really like this type of comparison. It's taking his first year and he hasn't been a coach that long. I say look at this in about 5 years and you'll really be able to tell.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsualum08 View Post
        what is the record when you take away his first year?
        50-39(31-22)

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          Saul was on the coaching staff every year they were in campus and obviously played a big role in their development. Not sure you can just remove him from their success.
          Maybe Saul should go back to being the assistant coach then.

*just joking, IMO I think he is a very good head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Maybe Saul should go back to being the assistant coach then.

*just joking, IMO I think he is a very good head coach.

I don't really know yet. Not because he has done a terrible job, but I just think that he needs a few more years until you can call him a good head coach. If he does some things with his own kids in the next few years, then I'll consider him a good coach.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I don't really know yet. Not because he has done a terrible job, but I just think that he needs a few more years until you can call him a good head coach. If he does some things with his own kids in the next few years, then I'll consider him a good coach.

I would have to agree with this. The last two years NDSU has/will have placed 7th(out of 10...with Centenary being on of the 10) in the Summit and during that timeframe time, Nagy's job and lack of "coaching-ablility" has been discussed 10-fold more than Sauls, especially by Bison fans.
              In that same time SDSU hasn't been able to beat NDSU, but has/will have placed 4th(possibly 5th) in the SL.
              If you're looking at this objectively, who's the better coach? The one that can beat his major rival, but still places in the bottom 3rd of the league for the past two years or the Coach that can't beat his major rival but placed in the top 3rd of his conference in those same years?

So...I would say another 2 to 3 years we'll be able to tell if Saul is a "good coach". But at this point to say he's any better a Coach than Nagy isn't accurate, unless you have a good pair of Green and Yellow shades on.

Go Jacks...Beat this Bison!!
              Last edited by propar80; 02-25-2011, 01:46 PM.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                I would have to agree with this. The last two years NDSU has/will have placed 7th(out of 10...with Centenary being on of the 10) in the Summit and during that timeframe time, Nagy's job and lack of "coaching-ablility" has been discussed 10-fold more than Sauls, especially by Bison fans.
                In that same time SDSU hasn't been able to beat NDSU, but has/will have placed 4th(possibly 5th) in the SL.
                If you're looking at this objectively, who's the better coach? The one that can beat his major rival, but still places in the bottom 3rd of the league for the past two years or the Coach that can't beat his major rival but placed in the top 3rd of his conference in those same years?

So...I would say another 2 to 3 years we'll be able to tell if Saul is a "good coach". But at this point to say he's any better a Coach than Nagy isn't accurate, unless you have a good pair of Green and Yellow shades on.

Go Jacks...Beat this Bison!!
                but hes beat Nagy 9 times
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

By the way, is there any way we can watch the game on the internet?

Go Jacks!
                  Jackrabbit Extra at gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    but hes beat Nagy 9 times
                    Maybe he should be coaching at USD, because that is all they care about.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Since Saul became head coach...

Overall Record
                      NDSU: 66-52
                      SDSU: 53-67

Conference Record:
                      NDSU: 41-30
                      SDSU: 30-41
                      Do you feel dirty after posting that? My grandma could have led NDSU to 20 wins Saul's first year!
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Jackrabbit Extra at gojacks.com
                        Probably too late now, but it seems like this would have been a great opportunity to offer a free night of Jackrabbit Extra.

No more home games, last game of the regular season, get people pumped up for Summit tourney (assuming we win), etc...
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Do you feel dirty after posting that? My grandma could have led NDSU to 20 wins Saul's first year!
                          At least get your years right.

Comment

At least get your years right.
                            My bad. My Grandma could have led NDSU to 20 wins Saul's second year.

Comment

The Collegian's Live Blog is here:

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/sports/sdsu-vs-ndsu-fargo

Comment

Is there a reason the video isn't up on GoJacks.com yet?
                                Let's Go Rabbits!!

Comment

Working...
                                X