IUPUI Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI Thread

If Tyler lurks here....I'd like to see Wolters make Young look like a fool on the drive please....
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      If Tyler lurks here....I'd like to see Wolters make Young look like a fool on the drive please....
      Which time?
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Dale's dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThjKaUQIeM

Via Tyler Merriam's twitter
        I thought the endline camera missed it, but he was quick enough to catch it, a little low with the camera, but still pretty nice.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Which time?
          The time that Young's shorts, compression shorts, and jock were all down around his ankles trying to guard Wolters after that particularly nasty fake Wolters gave him . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What a great game...the crowd at Frost, while relatively small, got into it and it was a fun atmosphere.

Geez, we went on a killer 18-0 run...the team just couldn't and wouldn't be stopped for a while.

So, we get home from the game and one of our sons checks in with e-mail and notes he went to GoJacks.com and checked the schedule/results and read how the score was 81-70 and it's listed as "L". Come one whoever is putting up the official info on GoJacks.com: the story about the game has it right but in the Schedule/Results section, it still shows up as a loss (I just checked, it's 10:55 p.m.). Get it right with a BIG W against a good team. Get it right on GoJacks.com -- some people depend on that for information.
            Last edited by JackJD; 02-10-2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

The best one is the guy in the yellow long sleeve shirt that is sitting court side. He almost got as high as Dale.
              Chains - was that Nelly Dog? Nelly Dog - was that Chains??

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                On a couple of plays,they should have either called Young for traveling or given him a first down.
                Great comment!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Tyler said he'd upload some Nate videos tomorrow.

Comment

The sequence of the Dale dunk to Dykstra pulling down the one handed board to Nate kicking to Sargent for the 3 was the best 30 seconds of basketball I have ever seen in my entire life. .
                    I think the sequence RabbitObsessed wrote about was probably the best 30 seconds I've seen in person, too. The entire team just got in a zone and the entire crowd felt it -- IUPUI felt it too. I hope it ends up on Youtube.

Comment

Clint is really locked in right now from behind the arch. His seven 3pters tonight was just one short of the school record set by Randy Suarez back in 1987.
                      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I think the sequence RabbitObsessed wrote about was probably the best 30 seconds I've seen in person, too. The entire team just got in a zone and the entire crowd felt it -- IUPUI felt it too. I hope it ends up on Youtube.
                        I had not seen a visiting team so back on their heels in Frost Arena in years . . . not since the D-II days, really. It was really, really impressive. If the Jacks had been able to push that advantage, they would have run the Jags right out of the arena and straight back into their waiting bus.

They still need to learn how to do that.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I had not seen a visiting team so back on their heels in Frost Arena in years . . . not since the D-II days, really. It was really, really impressive. If the Jacks had been able to push that advantage, they would have run the Jags right out of the arena and straight back into their waiting bus.

They still need to learn how to do that.
                          I kept jumping up and down and screaming "GAME OVER! GAME OVER!" I think people stared at me...

Comment

I kept jumping up and down and screaming "GAME OVER! GAME OVER!" I think people stared at me...
                            One more thing to add before I pass out: I cannot believe they sat in that zone the entire game. Last year after they killed us in the paint, I couldn't believe we didn't switch to zone. This year I couldn't believe they never switched to man. We have way too many shooters to try and zone.

Comment

on the Moss dunk, Nagy just turns away and walks towards the scorers table but that guy must have had the biggest smile on his face and a "My God" sound in his throat. At the presser he was joking and even had a hint of a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                It was pretty awesome. Dale's dunk was like nothing I'd ever seen from a Jackrabbit player, and it really set off the sequence. It got the fans on their feet and making some noise, then the rebound, then another three put people over the top.

To me the, the lack of bang-bang sequences like this is part of the reason the crowd is so quiet. Think back to NDSU/ORU games this year. They always answered our dunk with one of their own, or our three with one of their own. The crowd got up, then the opponent sat them right back down.

We used to have similar sequences all the time in the Sempsrott/Norberg/Hansen days, and we're getting back to it now. Not dunks like Dale's, but we would have sequences similar to this.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X