• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iupui

More shoeless coaching

http://www.iupuijags.com/news/2011/1...114110234.aspx

Re: Iupui

Big game. Jacks are going to need to bring the defensive intensity from the beginning in this one. I think it'll be a good night.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Huge, HUGE game for the men.

SDSU is, by the numbers (Pomeroy's numbers, anyway) solidly the second-best team in the Summit after Oakland, but haven't always played that way, especially at home.

This game could be the one that makes the difference between a #2 or #3 finish in the conference and a #4 or #5 finish. ORU, IPFW, IUPUI, SDSU, and NDSU will all be scratching for an upper-division finish, and somebody won't have a chair when the music stops. (SDSU already has two losses to this group. Not good.)
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

SDSU is, by the numbers (Pomeroy's numbers, anyway) solidly the second-best team in the Summit after Oakland, but haven't always played that way, especially at home.

This game could be the one that makes the difference between a #2 or #3 finish in the conference and a #4 or #5 finish. ORU, IPFW, IUPUI, SDSU, and NDSU will all be scratching for an upper-division finish, and somebody won't have a chair when the music stops. (SDSU already has two losses to this group. Not good.)

Not only is this the kind of game that makes a difference in the confence, it is the kind of game a consistently successful program has to win.. good opponent, on the road...

Comment

Big game, go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            Big game, go Jacks!
            Jacks up 32-18; 3:56. Nate has 2 fouls.
            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

The Summit is down to the 22nd ranked conference. We started the season in 15th and have slowly fell down the ranking totem pole. I don't think we go any further.

Comment

Jacks withstand a late run and lead by 9 at half. Go Jacks!

Comment

The ESPN box score says that Carlson started and Clint came off the bench. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate and, if so, any reason given on the radio broadcast?
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm

18th here SDSU's ranked 130th...again, throw Centenary out and I'm sure the Summit moves up a spot or two.

Good first half in INDY...keep the pressure on Young in the 2nd half and we've got ourselves a REALLY good road win!! Going to need senior leadership to make it though.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                      The Summit is down to the 22nd ranked conference. We started the season in 15th and have slowly fell down the ranking totem pole. I don't think we go any further.
                      depends on the rating agency, but generally the lower conferences drop once the conference season starts because they are playing themselves, unranked vs unranked, compared to a Big 10 where many of them are ranked and very few unranked vs unranked games

Comment

8:09 to go and Jacks have just a one-point lead.

53-52

Comment

feels likes we have not got one stop in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            feels likes we have not got one stop in the second half.
                            Well, we'll need a couple in the last minute of the game--down 4 with a bit over a minute left.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Down 5, 31 seconds left. Entering 'need a miracle' territory . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X