• Show
Clear All

• Centenary

http://www.gocentenary.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=17900

Re: Centenary

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...01/1002/SPORTS

Comment

Torn here on whether or not to have sympathy for these guys. It is tough getting kerblastificated every single game. Watched my oldest go through that one HS varsity baseball season, and it can get bruise the psyche. On the other hand, there are probably a passel of D-III caliber kids here who will be able to say they played one year of D-I basketball... Thoughts???

Comment

We need to get up early on these guys, put them away and let some of the back up players get some min.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Torn here on whether or not to have sympathy for these guys. It is tough getting kerblastificated every single game. Watched my oldest go through that one HS varsity baseball season, and it can get bruise the psyche. On the other hand, there are probably a passel of D-III caliber kids here who will be able to say they played one year of D-I basketball... Thoughts???
          I don't think that sympathy is really the right word. Do I think that it sucks for the guys on the team that have to go through it? Yes. I am pretty sure they didn't have any sympathy for the Jacks when they were beating our men's team while we were at our low point.

Take your lumps and then move to D-III.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

At least the coach is still positive in this crappy situation. Has to be hard for the players too.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Remember when we were really struggling? Remember the road losing streak? I can certainly empathize with them but sympathy isn't the word for me. We can all remember how we felt when the team was really struggling. And we're just fans! I think back to guys like Hokenson and Geiver and how they were overmatched. If you knew them a little bit like I did you know that they were two of the nicest young men you could hope to have on your team. They came out and gave everything they had with that uniform on. We cheered for them because they were our Jackrabbit team that year.

At the end of the day, these young men are getting their education paid for which can be a huge advantage for them in life after ball. Yeah, it would be great for them to get this monkey off their back. My thought is that Fargo on Saturday would be the perfect place to make that happen.

No mercy for these Gents. Come out with some serious intensity and show them early that tonight is going to be the night!

See you there!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Remember when we were really struggling? Remember the road losing streak? I can certainly empathize with them but sympathy isn't the word for me. We can all remember how we felt when the team was really struggling. And we're just fans! I think back to guys like Hokenson and Geiver and how they were overmatched. If you knew them a little bit like I did you know that they were two of the nicest young men you could hope to have on your team. They came out and gave everything they had with that uniform on. We cheered for them because they were our Jackrabbit team that year.

At the end of the day, these young men are getting their education paid for which can be a huge advantage for them in life after ball. Yeah, it would be great for them to get this monkey off their back. My thought is that Fargo on Saturday would be the perfect place to make that happen.

No mercy for these Gents. Come out with some serious intensity and show them early that tonight is going to be the night!

See you there!

SUPERBUNNY
                I agree 100%. Lets hang triple digits on these guys and have the bench play the final half.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

At the end of the day, these young men are getting their education paid for which can be a huge advantage for them in life after ball.

SUPERBUNNY
                  Completely agree with everything you said, but I do want to point out that for all of the players on their team, they really only have 4 scholarship players so not all of these guys are getting their education paid. Many are walk-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                    Completely agree with everything you said, but I do want to point out that for all of the players on their team, they really only have 4 scholarship players so not all of these guys are getting their education paid. Many are walk-ons.
                    Only 4? Wow, talk about being crippled before you even take the court. Isn't the max 13?

We need to put a hundred on them!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Guess I have a slightly different perspective. It is not their fault that the university is moving to a different level and can't afford scholarships, and can only provide these guys with a really tough final year in D-1.

So I just hope we play well, everybody gets to play and plays well, and the score is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        I agree 100%. Lets hang triple digits on these guys and have the bench play the final half.

Memphis is the only team to score triple digits on them. IUPUI beat them by 8 although they were leading by 20 something early in the 2nd half. I agree with everything Jacks#1Fan said

Comment

The Collegian live blog is up

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/sports/sdsu-vs-centenary

Comment

I think we need to get the phone # for the Jackrabbit Extra production booth. Every game I have watched,they forget to put the audio from the radio up. I would rather hear that then listen to the guys up there chatting it up

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I think we need to get the phone # for the Jackrabbit Extra production booth. Every game I have watched,they forget to put the audio from the radio up. I would rather hear that then listen to the guys up there chatting it up
                              Could someone post it on Collegian Blog? Is TV there tonight? This is 2nd time I have noticed it as well. Sometimes their comments are not appropriate eitehr.

Comment

Working...
                              X