Negativity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Negativity

As for Nagy....I have my issues w/ Nagy, I admit. Sure I would like him to be more personable. But knowing current and former players I know this, most who play for him love him. I guess that's all that should matter outside of winning games and running a clean program. And right now that is happening.

The transition has been brutal. Players leaving, transfering, quitting, etc. Many of those issues were out of Nagy's hands. He has it all going now though. I knew last year that kids were unhappy. I posted it several times on here. I'm usually a pessimist but I had high hopes this year and it stemmed solely from the fact that I suspected this years team would be more united and happy after all the unhappy kids from last year were gone. Nagy finally has it going in the right direction. Finally has put together a talented TEAM. He deserves alot of credit and even the Nagy-naysayers need to back off and respect what he has going.

I can't wait for tommorow night and I hope 5,000 people feel the same! Cheer tommorow, stand up, be loud, be heard!

Comment

I wouldn't say we'll NEVER get a Big XII or other to come to Frost. Now, it might take 10 years, but it could happen. ORU hosted Mizzou last year. But that is b/c ORU has been a very good program for a very long time. If we do the same I could see a Nebraska or Minnesota possibly visiting us some day.

But I also see what you're saying. We're a low-major team. A team that was D2 not long ago located in a cold weather state an hour from the airport. We were darn fortunate to get Nevada and UW-Milwaukee to come here. I remember a few years ago the USC women's coach saying that everyone thought he was nuts for coming to Frost...and then after his #17 team lost him saying he'll never come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        I was part of the chat yesterday, and thought about starting a similar thread. It was really peculiar. Some people are on a ledge and the Jacks are 6-0? What? And then it was poor scheduling? What? A 7 game home stand with Nevada and UW-Milwaukee. Pretty incredible stuff. The poor crowds have me scratching my head as well. Nevada should have drawn 4000 minimum in my opinion.
        So in case some of those people involved in the chat yesterday are on here:
        1) We will NOT GET A BIG 12, A BIG EAST an ACC a whatever to come to Frost. EVER.
        2)COACHES YELL AT PLAYERS, they YELL at REFS! I like the emotion, it means he cares and is focused on what they need to do to continue winning!
        3)How come when the Jacks win, the other team must be a cupcake? Nice job fans.
        4) Get on board or go watch tennis. Those coaches don't say a word.
        5) Those players are winning with Nagy, not in spite of him.
        WE NEED TO BEAT THE BISON!

That would help a lot! Then just keep getting better. Winning cures it all. Its amazing how much better a coach Nagy is now that he has better talent on the team.

We've been so spoiled on the women's side that it also probably has unfairly raised the bar for the men.

JUST BEAT THE BISON!!! PLEASE!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          I wouldn't say we'll NEVER get a Big XII or other to come to Frost. Now, it might take 10 years, but it could happen. ORU hosted Mizzou last year. But that is b/c ORU has been a very good program for a very long time. If we do the same I could see a Nebraska or Minnesota possibly visiting us some day.
          Didn't they "host" them in the Pacers' arena, though?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I didn't see the chat, but I'm guessing from posts here that there were some whiners complaining about the schedule? The Jacks are 6-0 with wins over Iowa and Nevada! I guess there are always a few malcontents who always have to find something negative about a situation. Personally, I was pleasantly surprised to see that we had a home game against Nevada. It certainly wasn't the Jacks fault that the Nevada (a team that's made 4 of the last 7 NCAA tournaments) is having a down year.

Comment

Regarding the schedule, Jacks finished last year RPI 220? I preferred the schedule that has been set. Yes, it's not loaded with Big 10, 12, BEast, but there are some. It's not loaded with SWAC, MEAC, programs at the bottom of the conferences standings (I think ID St was the only game that looked push over (DI)). In fact the schedule has a lot of teams similar to where the Jacks were coming into the season.

IMHO, this was going to be a growing year for the Jacks. A lot of YOUNG, but TALENTED, players. Did anyone expect them to show the kind of team play of any of the 10 players with significant time that they have show through 6 games? Developing that team play was what I thought occur through the season, and maybe next year, but certainly two seasons from now, they'd be ready to take the SUMMIT.

Jacks haven't won a single Summit game, but in a close but tough battle at Frost, I believe the Jacks will bring Dale and Clint a W over the Bison.

Jacks will show that they're a really good team if they win at U of Minn. If they get that win, they may be on their way to being recognized as not just a mid-major, but also a ORV top 25 team.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                No. They played at the Mabee Center.
                http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/ViewA...CLID=204846899

You're thinking of Oakland vs. Michigan State @ the Palace (which has happened before and will happen again on the 11th)
                http://www.ticketsreview.com/college...ls_7042163.php

Or you're thinking of IUPUI's move to play all its home games at the Conseco Fieldhouse.
                http://www.indy.com/articles/iupui/t...eco-fieldhouse

Comment

For anecdotal evidence on how difficult getting quality opponents at home is, check out Gonzaga's schedule.

http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskb...kbl-sched.html

Not a lot of big names coming to Gonzaga's house.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    No. They played at the Mabee Center.
                    http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/ViewA...CLID=204846899

You're thinking of Oakland vs. Michigan State @ the Palace (which has happened before and will happen again on the 11th)
                    http://www.ticketsreview.com/college...ls_7042163.php

Or you're thinking of IUPUI's move to play all its home games at the Conseco Fieldhouse.
                    http://www.indy.com/articles/iupui/t...eco-fieldhouse
                    Probably thinking of the last two. I'm too lazy to fact check myself when I use the internet on my itouch.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      I read through the live chat. I was too amazed about the negativity toward Coach Nagy. Seems like he can't win with some fans.

Wasn't most of the negativity about Coach Nagy "foot stomping"? Doesn't AJ do a lot of "foot stomping"?
                      AJ stomps his foot just as much as Nagy. One game this year he jumped so high he would have cleared the scorer table. If you actually watch both of them on the sidline, there is not much difference in them. AJ yells at his players also. They both yell at the refs. Why? They both are intense. The difference? AJ has won more than 20 games a year, Nagy has not the last 6 years. Are people complaining about AJ? Someone probably is. You just can't make all fans happy.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                        I also missed the live chat yesterday, but read through it last night. I was surprised (as was TV) with the tone of the conversation, but then it dawned on me. I was reading the AL live chat and thought about some of the 'tools' that share their brilliance on there.

The 1998 NFC Championship game gave me some perspective (that I still wrestle with, I might add). After screaming and almost making myself physically ill, my wife shared several observations that I carry with me today. 1) I am no fun to watch NFL games with. 2) Despite my volume and intensity, my yelling at the television will never affect the outcome of the game. 3) The Vikings will never win the Superbowl, until they are in LA and then they will win a lot of them.

That 'perspective' is always there, but I often need to remind myself. My pride in being a Jackrabbit friend, Alum and fan challenges that perspective. But in reality, these are kids playing games and we can support them with voices of cheer, rumps in seats and representing our school with pride, but we'll never win a game from the seats.
                        Should we be calling you "SemiMadogJack" or "KindaMaddogJack" or "UsedabeMaddogJack" then?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          No, Oral Roberts played and beat them in the Mabee Center.

I think you're thinking of when Oakland met Michigan State in the Palace of Auburn Hills (is it still called that?) a few years ago. I think that technically counted as a home game for OU.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                            No, Oral Roberts played and beat them in the Mabee Center.

I think you're thinking of when Oakland met Michigan State in the Palace of Auburn Hills (is it still called that?) a few years ago. I think that technically counted as a home game for OU.
                            I know:

http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showpo...9&postcount=22

Comment

If coach Nagy can be negative when the team is 6-0, why can't fans be negative toward coach Nagy when the team is 6-0? For the record, Nagy also believes that he is too negative at times, what's wrong with fans thinking the same?

I've met coach Nagy a couple times and seen him speak multiple times. Outside the lines, he is a kind, generous, and personable guy. I like him.

But there are certain aspects of his coaching style that rub me the wrong way. I don't think that makes me a hater or negative. It makes me a fan who chooses not to drink this particular flavor of Kool Aid (I'm totally down with most other SDSU flavors though )

Anybody who thinks coach Nagy is the same coach today as he was 10 years ago hasn't been paying attention. He has changed, and I think for the better (I also think he would say the same).

I give him a ton of credit for toning things down a smidgen, and for understanding his shortcomings enough to ask assistants and veteran players to balance his weaknesses.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Some people always need something to complain about. It's how they are wired. Let them talk. Don't let them ruin the joy true Jackrabbit fans have for this team. We aren't going to go undefeated, but this is just the start of some good things to come...this year, and for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X