2005-06 schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005-06 schedule

What's our schedule looking like for next year? Do we know who's coming to Frost yet?

Re: 2005-06 schedule

That is what I know about so far.

Men's

At Nebraska
    At Montana St.
    Morningside
    UMKC
    Tennessee St.
    at San Diego St.
    Denver
    Butler
    Manhattan
    SE Missouri St.
    Wisconsin-Milwaukee
    at Central Florida
    at Marquette
    SW Minnesota St.

In today's Argus story Dr. Oien is quoted as saying that Arkansas St. is also coming to Frost.

Not sure about the Women other then Alabama is coming to Frost next year and the USC Trojans the year after.

Go State! ;D

Comment

A Northern State fan told me the other night that the Men's game which we were supposed to play there this year has been moved to Frost and will be played next year. In exchange for moving the game we are providing a guarantee.

Comment

I hope that is true. If we are going to pay guarantees for D-II schools, I would rather have the $$$ stay in state.

Go State! ;D

Comment

There is talk that the mens team would open the season playing Illinios.

Comment

"opening the season against Illinois"

I so hope that is true....There are a lot of Illini connections with coach Nagy.

Most of my co workers are Illini grads. I would definetly be in attendance that night!

Comment

Just for giggles, I put together a possible schedule. This contains 1) games that are "confirmed" i.e. mentioned in an SDSU or media publication; 2) games that are "possible" i.e. a home-and-home with NDSU, or rumored from unofficial sources, or in some way make sense that they'd happen (i.e. a trip to Texas), and 3) games that are "randomized" i.e. generated with the RAND() function in Excel and matched up against the Sagarin ratings list.

Opponents listed with their w-l record as listed today by Sagarin
              http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cbsend.htm

Schedule looks like this:
              Away, confirmed:
              @Nebraska 10-10
              @Montana State 10-10
              @San Diego St. 9-11
              @Central Florida 14-7
              @Marquette 16-7
              Away, possible:
              @Illinois, 24-0
              @NDSU 0-9
              @Utah Valley State 10-11
              @Northern Colorado 4-18
              @Texas Pan American 8-12
              @Texas A&M Corpus Christi 14-6
              Away, randomized:
              @Virginia Commonwealth 13-9
              @Virginia Tech 12-9
              @Utah State 18-5

Home, confirmed:
              Morningside NAIA
              SW Minnesota St. D-II
              UMKC 12-8
              Tennessee State 9-14
              Denver 14-7
              Butler 8-13
              Manhattan 10-11
              SE Missouri St. 9-10
              Wisconsin-Milwaukee 17-5
              Arkansas St. 11-10
              Home, possible:
              Northern State, D-II
              NDSU 0-9
              Utah Valley State 10-11
              Northern Colorado 4-18

Interestingly, it looks like our home schedule is more complete right now than our road slate. Playing Illinois would be a big step forward for the program.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert,
                When every thing shakes out, you may really be pretty close with that schedule. The only other school not mentioned- that is a likely opponent, is the IPFW Mastadons.

Comment

We might also see the other two Independents, Savannah State and Longwood .

Go State! ;D

Comment

Just catching up on the news at SDSU and noticed that there was mention that the opening game next season was going to be with the Illini.......Well, I personally spoke with Coach Weber about two months ago and he told me he was working on it!! I believe it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoops
                      Just catching up on the news at SDSU and noticed that there was mention that the opening game next season was going to be with the Illini.......Well, I personally spoke with Coach Weber about two months ago and he told me he was working on it!!  I believe it will happen.  
                      Nice to hear, I hope we field a team that can compete. Thanks for the post hoops.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Our schedule is looking pretty tough! I think at this point there are only four D-2 games scheduled. One good thing is that more of them are coming to our house!!
                        Milwaukee, Butler etc.
                        These transitional phases are always tough but I believe things will improve yearly....patience is a good thing!!
                        GO SDSU!!

Comment

Ah, found it . . .

http://www.ncaa.org/library/membersh..._d1_manual.pdf

20.9.5 Basketball Scheduling
                          20.9.5.1 Men's Basketball Four-Game Limit. A member institution may schedule and play not more than four men's basketball games in an academic year against institutions that are not members of Division I.
                          20.9.5.1.1 Two-Game Limit for Provisional Members. A provisional member shall schedule and play not more than two men's basketball games in an academic year against institutions that are not members of Division I. A provisional member is required to apply scheduling criteria beginning with year two of the provisional process.

Looks to me that we can only play two non-D-I games next year. Can't play all three of Morningside, SW Minnesota, and Northern, unless one of them is an exhibition.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Every time I talk to anybody from the athletic department, I beg them to try to schedule Iowa in basketball. (I'm a graduate of both, but you better believe I'd be rooting for SDSU.)

Comment

I heard today that the game versus Illinois to open the season next year was even closer to happening .
                              If this does happen, i think it is a great move by Coach Nagy and staff. It would be a great recruting tool this winter and a message to everyone that even though we were down this year we are definately taking our program to the next level.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                              X