Exhibition vs. DSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhibition vs. DSU

I got what I wanted from last night for the most part. The team had energy, looked they were having fun, and played pretty hard. They all looked excited to be on the court. The athleticism was on display. This is a very talented group of very young men!

It was disappointing that they gave up a number of pretty easy buckets, its DSU so the D needs to step up but you also take the game for what it was, an exhibition.

Individual player notes:
    Wolters-he looked smooth and seems to be improved as coaches indicated.
    Dykstra and Heemstra-others comments spot on
    White-going to be great player
    Moss-still blows me away how athletic he is. Things happen with him on the floor.

It is going to be an exciting year!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      The team had energy, looked they were having fun, and played pretty hard. They all looked excited to be on the court. The athleticism was on display. This is a very talented group of very young men!
      Agree...agree...agree...agree...agree...and, agree.

Comment

Just wondering, White, only 7 minutes, Tivis and Pederson both had more minutes. Any reason why? I was expecting most around 20ish and those 2 only a coulpe each. Fairly even scoring and rebounding is great to see. That will be helpful having 5 or 6 guys that could evenly contribute along with some awesome role players.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Just wondering, White, only 7 minutes, Tivis and Pederson both had more minutes. Any reason why? I was expecting most around 20ish and those 2 only a coulpe each. Fairly even scoring and rebounding is great to see. That will be helpful having 5 or 6 guys that could evenly contribute along with some awesome role players.

White hurt is ankle in the first half.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

White left in the first half with a twisted ankle

Comment

White rolled his ankle and had to leave the game. He did not return. Don't know if its any more than a low-grade sprain or if he'll miss practice and game time.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                White rolled his ankle and had to leave the game. He did not return. Don't know if its any more than a low-grade sprain or if he'll miss practice and game time.
                Nagy said during post game that he thinks he just twisted it and should miss only a couple practices at the most. FWIW, White did not ice it during the game and stayed on the bench the entire time.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

White rolled his ankle in the first half.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    White rolled his ankle in the first half.
                    In case someone missed it, White rolled his ankle in the first half which is why he saw only limited minutes. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

So White rolled his ankle early in the game. Hmm, that might be why his playing time was so short.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        So White rolled his ankle early in the game. Hmm, that might be why his playing time was so short.
                        So it appears it was an ankel injury, that would make sense why he didnt play more.

Thanks everyone who mentioned what happened. I wasn't able to listen to the game, so looking over the box score i wanted to see his stats, and was like, hmmm, that doesn't add up.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

So it appears it was an ankel injury, that would make sense why he didnt play more.
                          Are you saying he hurt his ankel, too? I don't recall where, but had read somewhere about his ankle, and now this! Holy crap! Talk about insult and injury!
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Are you saying he hurt his ankel, too? I don't recall where, but had read somewhere about his ankle, and now this! Holy crap! Talk about insult and injury!
                            Thats the word I hear but you may need to double check, you know how those round about stories start, like the telephone game.

Comment

Thats the word I hear but you may need to double check, you know how those round about stories start, like the telephone game.
                              I saw him roll his ankle and then go off and sit with his head in his hands for about five minutes before going into the locker room. He was walking around a few minutes later.

But as anybody who has rolled their ankle knows, the key question is: how does it feel the next day?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Heard that at his presser tomorrow Brad Childress is going to address the rolled ankle situation.
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X