Exhibition vs. DSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhibition vs. DSU

Had to skip the second half (school night for the kid). Impressions? Dykstra is a beast. The guy is large, thick, quick, and agile. Couldn't tell, but from the way he runs it looks like he has some bounce, too. He has a D1 body, and he's 18-years-old. Heemstra is skinnier, but also a skilled player. Both are very athletic. They're going to be a lot of fun to watch.

The team is very athletic. Good shooters. There are a lot of guys who are going to get minutes this year. And I think they'll be fun to watch.

Only bad thing: White turned an ankle in the first half and looked like he was in some pain. He came back out and was walking around on it, though.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Impressive shooting from 3 range. Team looks pretty good so far. Need to stay with their man though too many open 3's for DSU, Those Canadian games look like they were just what the team needed.

Comment

I haven't seen Chad White at all tonight, anyone know if he is playing?
        http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
          I haven't seen Chad White at all tonight, anyone know if he is playing?
          Jimmy Jack said he rolled an ankle in 1st half.

Comment

Updates?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

What's the score and time left?
              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                I tried to check "live stats" on gojacks.com, but evidently that isn't working because it has been stuck on 43-34 for the past 45 minutes.

Comment

Meh.

Dykstra and Heemstra looked pretty decent, though they didn't do anything that impressive. But it's the first game, can't expect too much. I thought Heemstra played better tonight, but JJ is right: Dykstra has a D1 body. I think both will be good and get big minutes this year.

Wolters, Sargent, Moss, and Callahan did basically everything that I expected them to do. Wolters' handles looked a little tighter though and so did his shooting. He's the best player on the team.

Obviously it was sloppy, but that's to be expected.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The guys looked pretty good, not great but pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205023014

Comment

82-63 final score. Never in doubt but we didn't blow them out. They packed it in and made a shoot. We did that pretty well.

10-21 from the 3-point line. 18 or 19 assists and only 11 turnovers. We outrebounded them by a fair amount, I don't know the numbers.

Dykstra played a roll, had 8 rebounds, a couple of blocks. Heemstra 8 rebounds and double figures in points. Wolters lead the team out hitting 3 early 3's. Moss and Sargent played well as expected. Griff played his role well. White hurt his ankle, hopefully not too badly. I didn't hear Fiegen's numbers.

All 12 guys played in both halves and all 12 guys scored. Nagy thought we played best on offense with 5 on the perimeter and no post. Defense was just okay and the energy early was a little low. Tough to get too excited about a practice game.

To quote Filbert "I think we'll be okay".

Giants win the World Series 4 games to 1. Who the heck would have guessed that?
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          82-63 final score. Never in doubt but we didn't blow them out. They packed it in and made a shoot. We did that pretty well.

10-21 from the 3-point line. 18 or 19 assists and only 11 turnovers. We outrebounded them by a fair amount, I don't know the numbers.

Dykstra played a roll, had 8 rebounds, a couple of blocks. Heemstra 8 rebounds and double figures in points. Wolters lead the team out hitting 3 early 3's. Moss and Sargent played well as expected. Griff played his role well. White hurt his ankle, hopefully not too badly. I didn't hear Fiegen's numbers.

All 12 guys played in both halves and all 12 guys scored. Nagy thought we played best on offense with 5 on the perimeter and no post. Defense was just okay and the energy early was a little low. Tough to get too excited about a practice game.

To quote Filbert "I think we'll be okay".

Giants win the World Series 4 games to 1. Who the heck would have guessed that?
                          SF_Rabbit_Fan is a psychic!

Comment

If we treat this as a 'regular' game it would've been 110-45. Zero sets ran and very few screens set.

Post game, Nagy said we'll probably go 5-out, 0-in most of the time this year. He said that we don't have a true post player and our bigs are talented enough on the perimeter that it'll force other teams to guard with their bigs out there....should open up lanes. He also said that Wolters improved shooting won't allow teams to back off of him...also should open him up for drives to the hoop.

I don't know how the season will play out, but we should be a much better rebounding team than in recent years.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

We rebounded well at times. Often DSU got one shot and that's it.

It seems the game was about what one would expect for an exhibition against DSU. The Jackrabbits at times appeared to be practicing and didn't need to really turn it on but there were spurts when the athleticism came out.

I think we'll be much better than okay. This could be the season we've been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                                SF_Rabbit_Fan is a psychic!
                                Ha, I was close, but only because I used the score of the women's exhib game.

There was some good and bad last night. As long and athletic as this team is, I would have liked to see them defend passing lanes a little better.

Chad White is going to be a player, if he can stay healthy. For what I saw last year and last night, watching him defend, run the floor, shoot, and handle, he could be a first team all conference player someday. If he can stay healthy.

The new guys played ok. Heemstra and Dykstra are both more 4's than 5's, and IMO that's okay in the Summit League. The new PG looked alright, but mostly played his role. If he is on the court, we will need other scorers on the floor. Carlson also looked very at home on a basketball court.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X