Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IA Towers

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I know both of these kids and their families. They are good kids, and earlier I made the statement that I didn't think Dykstra is that physical and would struggle inside, and I was challenged, but it is the truth. Maybe Coach Nagy or one of the asst's can change him, but they have their work in front of them. Dykstra is not physical...(yet anyway).

The Heemstra boy is a great young man and has a great family. He is also intelligent and I don't think time will be the problem with his studies, just so coaches don't become territorial. He is a nice young man.
    I'm not saying that Dykstra didn't play physical. I've just been told that he can play physical.

Heemstra as far as baseball; he went to Perfect Game which is like a scouting type of thing and this is what they said.

86-88 on the fastball lots of 88 after he was completely warm. Varies on the release point with the curveball. sometimes his curveball tends to flatten. needs to stay on top of the ball more with his curveball. (I paraphrased it)

I was told from another kid who was at the same event that the conditions were far from ideal. and 88 might not seem super fast for some people, but coming from a 6-9 kid it is going to seem quite a bit faster.

PG rated him at a 9 which is potential to be top 10 draft pick and D-I prospect.

Comment

Todd Bouman went to State and then transferred to St Cloud because he wanted to play football. He now has had a successful career in the NFL.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I still think the sleeper this year will be Chad White. His wrist is totally heeled. The knee is 100%, the hand is 100%.
        I don't recall...White was able to (medical) redshirt last year, right?
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I don't recall...White was able to (medical) redshirt last year, right?

Correct!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
            Correct!
            Saw Chad White at the women's game yesterday. He looks like he spent his medical redshirt year in the weight room.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Saw Chad White at the women's game yesterday. He looks like he spent his medical redshirt year in the weight room.
              Expect Chad to come out and be an impact player right away. Being able to play a handful of games last year before getting injured will be huge for him and the team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                I know both of these kids and their families. They are good kids, and earlier I made the statement that I didn't think Dykstra is that physical and would struggle inside, and I was challenged, but it is the truth. Maybe Coach Nagy or one of the asst's can change him, but they have their work in front of them. Dykstra is not physical...(yet anyway).

The Heemstra boy is a great young man and has a great family. He is also intelligent and I don't think time will be the problem with his studies, just so coaches don't become territorial. He is a nice young man.
                Thanks for your insight. I knew that you had a familiarity with both, I didn't know you were that close to the situation. I'm looking forward to watching and cheering for both young men and the rest of the Jackrabbit's this season.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                X