Another 20 loss season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another 20 loss season??

I have never thought the Jacks would lose 20 games. I have been critical of some things though. That being said, I think the Jacks start is exceptional. Coach Nagy has done a great job of blending the young guys with the experienced guys. If you have a choice of having young bigs and vet perimeter guys, or young perimeters and experienced bigs, Take the vets on the perimeter every day of the week. Smart perimeter players can make average bigs look good, and good bigs look great.

Back to my original thought though; Coach Nagy has done a very good job to this point as have the guys. Stay positive, keep the guys accountable, stay focused on the next opportunity to improve, be great teammates, and let the W's and L's take care of themselves.

Really happy for the Jacks and their start. Keep it rolling fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
      I was holding off making prediction hoping that we would add at least one more veteran (JC or four year transfer). I think anyone not looking through rose colored glasses has to see a 20 loss season in the cards. Its almost impossible to win win freshmen posts. Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news.
      Sorry Rabbitboy, but we'll now have to go 3-20 in order to accomplish that. (I think we handle Mayville State and Centenary twice to keep your dreams from coming true)

Comment

I have an idea that very soon this thread will be gone. . . The Jacks are back!
        Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I've been waiting for the Nagy haters to come back to the board. I guess I will just have to keep waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            I've been waiting for the Nagy haters to come back to the board. I guess I will just have to keep waiting.
            They pronounce and then disappear when their pronouncements don't pan out.

Comment

I'm not a Nagy hater, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm happy as heck to be 5-0...but there is a ton of season left.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                I'm not a Nagy hater, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm happy as heck to be 5-0...but there is a ton of season left.
                I have the same thought, there is a lot of ball that needs to be played. It's great to start out hot, but all that matters in this race is how you finish.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  I have the same thought, there is a lot of ball that needs to be played. It's great to start out hot, but all that matters in this race is how you finish.

The only people getting ahead of anything were the doomsayers predicting a 20-loss season in August while pronouncing how prescient they had been. Go back to the start of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    The only people getting ahead of anything were the doomsayers predicting a 20-loss season in August while pronouncing how prescient they had been. Go back to the start of this thread.
                    I only see rabbit_boy.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Possible return after the Jacks first loss.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

looks like this thread comes into play again. we're on a one game losing streak, we were embarrassing, pathetic and we wont go above .500 in conference play. we only have to win four games to avoid the 20 loss season but as embarrassing and pathetic they looked, we probably wont do it. too bad they cant play every game perfect, i mean they are 18-22 yr olds. they should never screw up. i wonder how many people have a perfect day at work all the time, never screw up. i know i dont. im dissappointed in both games last night but its not the end of the season.

Comment

Just want to admit I was wrong and say congrats to Nagy and the boys. I am still not a huge fan but they are playing great. Hopefully things keep rolling. GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                            Possible return after the Jacks first loss.
                            And bub94 for the thread win . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

After reviewing Stu's blood bath article on the progress of Jackrabbit hoops, I took the time to review our expectations of this years team from last fall's perspective.

Last fall we all debated the merits of the possiblity of having another 20 loss season. Outside of one pessimist, the Jacks clearly met or exceeded even our biased/rose-colored glasses potential. Going 19-12, a winning record in conference play, and a win in the Summit tourney - proves we headed in the right direction!

Even if we don't add another physical post player to this roster for next year, I am excited for the potential of this team. Our freshmen and sophomore post have gained another year of experience and will most certainly add more muscle in the off season. In addition, the two bigs that affected us the most this year will not be around next year. This team will be a legit conference title contender next year and we will have hopes for a slot in the big dance.

Growing pains are not always easy, but there is no doubt this team has grown!

Comment

Excellent post!

Comment

Working...
                                X