New uni's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New uni's?

Just looking at the roster and I noticed a couple of numbers for players that have not been in this set that we've been using the past 4 or so seasons.

Carlson is now #12 (he was issued #4 last yr), White is 25 (was #42 last yr) and Heemstra is 32. I don't recall those numbers being used by anyone in this current set of uni's.

Off the top of my head these were the numbers available/worn by players the past 4 years:
    1-3-4-5
    20-22-23-24
    30-33-34
    42-44
    50-52-54

Re: New uni's?

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    Just looking at the roster and I noticed a couple of numbers for players that have not been in this set that we've been using the past 4 or so seasons.

Carlson is now #12 (he was issued #4 last yr), White is 25 (was #42 last yr) and Heemstra is 32. I don't recall those numbers being used by anyone in this current set of uni's.

Off the top of my head these were the numbers available/worn by players the past 4 years:
    1-3-4-5
    20-22-23-24
    30-33-34
    42-44
    50-52-54
    also some good powerball numbers in their. When it comes to the unis I miss the ones they had the last years of D-2. Now they seem so plain and lacking color or design.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yep, Nagy verified today that there are new practice and game uni's.

New practice uni's are grey and game uni's are white, yellow and BLACK!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
        Yep, Nagy verified today that there are new practice and game uni's.

New practice uni's are grey and game uni's are white, yellow and BLACK!

This is it, except with blue numbers and lettters.Wondering what the new black SDSU men's basketball unis look like? Basically this with blue numbers and letters. http://twitpic.com/2gbvkd
        Last edited by RabbitNation; 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I am not a fan of Black uniforms. Our school colors are Yellow and Blue. Some may argue about having White but I see that as different. He said they were thinking of getting Grey for home games. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            I am not a fan of Black uniforms. Our school colors are Yellow and Blue. Some may argue about having White but I see that as different. He said they were thinking of getting Grey for home games. WTF?
            All teams have alternate jerseys.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              I'm with you . . . black is so . . . old. Everybody's done it. It was cool in . . . when? . . . The 90's?--was that when it first got really popular for athletic teams?

But now?

Meh.

Gray, now, that would have been old-school and something not everybody else has already done. Or even better for SDSU, old-school would have been a lighter, UCLA-shade of blue for an alternate uniform, to go along with the basically royal blue and the yellow unis.

But, sadly, nobody called me for advice . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I'm with you . . . black is so . . . old. Everybody's done it. It was cool in . . . when? . . . The 90's?--was that when it first got really popular for athletic teams?

But now?

Meh.

Gray, now, that would have been old-school and something not everybody else has already done. Or even better for SDSU, old-school would have been a lighter, UCLA-shade of blue for an alternate uniform, to go along with the basically royal blue and the yellow unis.

They can be neon orange with purple stripes as long as they are not red.

Comment

But now?

Meh.

I love Duke, and to me their black unis are sweet. I love the Whites, and Blues, but something about the black is awesome. I wouldnt mind seeing Black with blue numbers and yellow trim and what not. To me that would look pretty intimidating.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Or even better for SDSU, old-school would have been a lighter, UCLA-shade of blue
                    What about that shiny satin material they used to use?

And how about lighting Frost arena with a handful of 40 watt lightbulbs and put an antique Fair-Play (pre-Daktronics) scoreboard in the center with an analog clock....

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      What about that shiny satin material they used to use?

And how about lighting Frost arena with a handful of 40 watt lightbulbs and put an antique Fair-Play (pre-Daktronics) scoreboard in the center with an analog clock....
                      And, don't forget to use peach baskets as the goals.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

As long as they aren't like these Duke jerseys:

Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

or this

Comment

Copying the Duke unis might keep me away from games. I may dislike them more than the 'Yotes!

Like the black unis that TV had on twitter. Its like the upgrade with the Jackrabbit logo, time to make a change but please leave State on the front.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              Copying the Duke unis might keep me away from games. I may dislike them more than the 'Yotes!

Like the black unis that TV had on twitter. Its like the upgrade with the Jackrabbit logo, time to make a change but please leave State on the front.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                              Anything we can do to be more like Duke I am all for it. They do not wear the super baggy unis so many other teams wear. I dont want to see john stockton shorts come back but, how long until we have to hold hands across america to stop basketball shorts from getting any longer.

I understand we are nothing like duke in really any way. But my point is they have sharpe but simple unis. No wierd patterns or designs. Trying to emulate Duke basketball in my mind is never a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X