2010 Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Team

It appears the 2010 roster is set and therefore we have no more 2010 recruits to discuss. It is only a couple of weeks until the first games of the 2010 season tip off up in Canada. Does anyone think Coach Nagy will approach these games differently than a normal exhibition right before the season starts? If so, how and why? I am sure it was posted in the other thread (but I aint looking through 99 pages), but is WNAX going to broadcast the games up north?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: 2010 Team

I hope he does not hold back, really push the players to see what they are made of in canada. Its nice getting a little teaser of basketball in august.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Anybody know if there is a place to watch these games?
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Anybody know if there is a place to watch these games?
        Canada

Comment

Just my opinion here...but...I feel that the players who left b/c they were unhappy (which was all but two, IMO) were a blessing.

I know for a fact that one of the now departed seniors was unhappy, as was his family who were on the email to Nagy regularily.

I question whether Cordova's influence on the team was positive. Biting my tongue.

I know for a fact that Rader was unhappy w/ his playing time. He thought he was outperforming Tony in practice.

I have heard "Mikey" (as one player called him) was also unhappy and not a Nagy fan.

I haven't heard anything about Cassaday but I imagine since he transfered at end of year that he wasn't thrilled either.

I know of one current upperclassman who is unhappy right now.

Is this Nagys fault? I know he hasn't had this many unhappy players all at once before. Or did we just get a bunch of SPOILED apples at once? I know I am really looking forward to watching a team who is hopefully much happier to be wearing the blue and yellow. It was tough watching at times last year knowing how many of the guys were unhappy.

It's documented what good kids the Iowa boys seem to be. I have had brief communication w/ Aireus and he seems to be a very good kid.

I look forward to a new beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
            Canada

Unfortunately CBC only has a Hockey Night in Canada, they don't even know what a basketball is except in Toronto.

Comment

Let me just clarify something...and this is the God's honest truth. From everything I know, the only player I would wish to have back that left early, is James Rader. (*Note I did say of all the players leaving I would only want 2 back. James was one and since that posted I have heard the other was very unhappy as well, so it's now down to 1) The only reason I thought James was unhappy is b/c I knew he thought he deserved the minutes Tony was getting. But still, James was willing to come back and work for those minutes. Would he have been forced out if the staff knew Cass and AC were leaving too?

I know some ppl in the USF program and I immediately told them of him (they were already on it) and what a good kid I thought him to be (from the little I knew). They were and are excited to add him. Only wish him the best!

Comment

There are a couple harsh realities.....

Nagy is nearing the hotseat, if not already on it. I think he is safe for two years. Sell has of course endorsed him but AD's like to bring in their own guys. I'm torn on Nagy. I have heard too much these last couple years of this rift w/ the players and it concerns me. Of course if he leads us to 17+ wins this next year I am over this.

We had alot of unhappy guys on the squad the last couple of years. Sure it's hard to see good players like Kai and Mike and AC go. But did their on the court play make up for their unhappiness, their lack of leadership, their lack of "fire"? Would we want them around this group of young/new players? We'll have 4 frosh, 3 sophs and at least 1 new Juco guy. Of the core group just 3 will be upperclassmen. Would we want these negative forces back to "mentor" our future kids? I will gladly sit back and watch us struggle this year if we are trying, buying in, liking each other and respecting the staff.

I am sorry if this has offended anyone. But this has been very well layed out for me by ppl inside this program. It has been more than one person and it has been consistant info. I thank all the players who busted their tail for STATE. I am just excited to be starting a new era and hopefully w/ a true TEAM.

WE WILL FIGHT FOR SOUTH DAKOTA SO LET'S RING-RING-RING THOSE BELLS!

Comment

There are a couple harsh realities.....

Nagy is nearing the hotseat, if not already on it. I think he is safe for two years. Sell has of course endorsed him but AD's like to bring in their own guys. I'm torn on Nagy. I have heard too much these last couple years of this rift w/ the players and it concerns me. Of course if he leads us to 17+ wins this next year I am over this.

We had alot of unhappy guys on the squad the last couple of years. Sure it's hard to see good players like Kai and Mike and AC go. But did their on the court play make up for their unhappiness, their lack of leadership, their lack of "fire"? Would we want them around this group of young/new players? We'll have 4 frosh, 3 sophs and at least 1 new Juco guy. Of the core group just 3 will be upperclassmen. Would we want these negative forces back to "mentor" our future kids? I will gladly sit back and watch us struggle this year if we are trying, buying in, liking each other and respecting the staff.

I am sorry if this has offended anyone. But this has been very well layed out for me by ppl inside this program. It has been more than one person and it has been consistant info. I thank all the players who busted their tail for STATE. I am just excited to be starting a new era and hopefully w/ a true TEAM.

WE WILL FIGHT FOR SOUTH DAKOTA SO LET'S RING-RING-RING THOSE BELLS!

Bottom line there are people on here who will be offended and if i was in the program i would tell you nothing. I wish people had to put their real name on here and most would not say a lot of the stuff the runs out of their mouths.
                  The past is the past and to point out that one of the upperclassmen is not happy when we only has three (there is four), will have peoples minds working.

I know a lot that is going on and would never put stuff that is said to me in confidence on this site. It is not the beginning of a new era, it is just the beginning of another season for Jackrabbit basketball.

Just sit back and cheer!

Comment

AD's like to bring in their own guys
                    Oh please. Who are Sell's 'guys'?

Comment

Let me just clarify something...and this is the God's honest truth. From everything I know, the only player I would wish to have back that left early, is James Rader. (*Note I did say of all the players leaving I would only want 2 back. James was one and since that posted I have heard the other was very unhappy as well, so it's now down to 1) The only reason I thought James was unhappy is b/c I knew he thought he deserved the minutes Tony was getting. But still, James was willing to come back and work for those minutes. Would he have been forced out if the staff knew Cass and AC were leaving too?

I know some ppl in the USF program and I immediately told them of him (they were already on it) and what a good kid I thought him to be (from the little I knew). They were and are excited to add him. Only wish him the best!
                      Everybody always thinks they are better than the other person. James could shoot, but he had no foot speed for defense. If he could have played better defense, he would have gotten more floor time.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

It is a figure of speak used at every level and at every job! Anyone who was not there before SELL took over!

Comment

yawn, are we going to have another season of poster telling us what they have heard from "someone" on the team? That soap opera got old last year. At least let the season begin before you fire it up.

Last edited by LakeJack; 08-11-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if we can consistently compete night-in and night-out with what we have this year in the post. Talent is unquestioned...but depth and experience is not there.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              A very good question. I have my doubts that AD Sells wants to load down his department with cronies from UNI. There are a few guys he can pick who deserve a career move, but I am sure there are some folks that AD Sell has no regrets about leaving behind to rot in good olde Cedar Falls. Beside if we think we can replace Coach Nagy with Coach Jacobsen, a ND native, we had better start raising funds to make up the salary differiential. I have my doubts about Nagy being in the hot seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X