Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Depth chart...let's get it going...

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
    I think Dom Clare has already used up his redshirt hasn't he? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken though.
    You are correct MinneapolisJack

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2010

Comment

I have a bit more of a positive look at our wide receiver position. Every year it seems that everyone gets all in a bunch about how thin or the inexperience of a given position. Every year we find out that the cupboard is not bare and that the coaches have been hitting on their recruiting. I think the receiver position will be no different. Yes, we lost a lot in Fox, Steffen, and Montague in experierce, grit, and leadership. BUT, Rollin, Gant, Mitchell, Iverson, Tiefenthaler and others are at SDSU for a reason. Inexperience may hurt us for a while but I believe it may be a more athletic and talented group than last year.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BangorHen View Post
        Wait a minute, didn't Montana hang 61 on this stellar defense??
        They sure did. And we better not be sensitive about it, because it happened. It wasn't all the D's fault, but the whole team.

On a depth chart related note, I'm excited to see Kool get more touches. What excites me more is to see Colin Cochart get some serious touches this year. If he blocks half as well as he can catch, he'll make some serious waves this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          wait same Delaware team that finished 4-4 in it's conference and did not get in the playoffs?
          Delaware will be a strong 1st game test for us this year. Our opener a 1000 miles away and I believe this will be their 2nd contest. I believe their preseason rank is around 17th or so.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            I have a bit more of a positive look at our wide receiver position. Every year it seems that everyone gets all in a bunch about how thin or the inexperience of a given position. Every year we find out that the cupboard is not bare and that the coaches have been hitting on their recruiting. I think the receiver position will be no different. Yes, we lost a lot in Fox, Steffen, and Montague in experierce, grit, and leadership. BUT, Rollin, Gant, Mitchell, Iverson, Tiefenthaler and others are at SDSU for a reason. Inexperience may hurt us for a while but I believe it may be a more athletic and talented group than last year.
            I am positive also..It looks to me that we have quality depth and some speed. Should be fun- a challenging schedule

Comment

I put Rollin in there because he had success last year returning kicks (6 returns, 30.5 ave)

I think Dom Clare has already used up his redshirt hasn't he? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken though.
              Yep, you are right. I was thinking Dom Wright and wrote Dom Clare. My bad. Supposedly Dom Wright is electric on kick returns and if any of the incoming freshman don't redshirt this year, I might place my bet on him.

With that said, might we be the only FCS team with two Dom's on the roster.

And I think Rollin can probably do a serviceable job returning kicks (decent average, reliable hands, etc.), but I just don't think he has the big play/take it to the house ability that some in that other group might have.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Looks like Kick returner is the question for TV today on live chat. We play ball control(run & defense). I think a GREAT kick returner is a big key to our style of play. I think the comments received it's safe to say a lot of others believe that too.

I like Tiefenthalers speed. I had not heard about Dom Wright being such a great returner though. Good to know.
                Maybe there could be a one hour primetime special and Coach Stig could announce the roster and introduce the players on Mediacom Network. Proceeds could go to building a new stadium(I started that out as a jab at King James, now I kind of like the idea of it.)
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

But than again, that was against Montana who went to the Championship game... not Delaware, which failed to make the play-offs so I think we'll be ok.
                  Montana had chump change at QB, braced yourself for Pat Devlin.

Comment

...and all of Delaware's receivers are "chump change" compared to Marc Mariani, the real reason we lost to Montana.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

You know in those action movies where the damsel in distress is perched on some high and dangerous cliff/building/whatever, and the hero says something like, "don't look down" (imagine Ahhhnold saying that. Heck, Ahhnold probably HAS said that in a movie).

The Jacks were in an incredibly odd situation last November. They were absolutely destroying Montana, on the road, in a playoff game. They'd never been in a situation like that before, and, guess what? They looked down.

They lost their balance, lost their composure, and lost the game.

SDSU, OTOH, has won road games. They've beat good teams on the road, and the first game of the season definitely won't be a playoff game.

I'm not guaranteeing a win. But I wouldn't bank on an epic collapse by the Jacks if I were you....

Comment

**Yawn**

Looked at Devlin's stats from last year. Not terribly impressive. Solid no doubt, but not so much that any member of the Jacks' defensive backfield will be quaking in their shoes against the mighty FBS transfer. Of course that assumes that the Hens' offensive line can keep Jake Steffen and Tony Thompson out of the backfield, which I most certainly believe will not happen. Devlin's in for a long day. Mark it.*

*No one refer to this post after the game if my prediction does not materialize. I don't know if I could stand the humiliation.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

For a team that is coming halfway across the country to play an early day game against a CAA team, you guys seem pretty confident, cocky even. Not too many teams, esp non-conference teams ever come into Newark & beat a good UD team.

Comment

For a team that is coming halfway across the country to play an early day game against a CAA team, you guys seem pretty confident, cocky even. Not too many teams, esp non-conference teams ever come into Newark & beat a good UD team.
                            Game time begins when? I have not seen a starting time for that game?

Comment

Currently slated for 1:00pm EDT. Could always change though, look for a final gametime last week of July at CAA Media Day.

Comment

You seem to be the one coming on here doing most of the chirping? I guess at this point we don't know if either team is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X