X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 the season

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    I believe it is a 1000.00
    Who cares? The vast majority of us aren't perfect either. College kid let the coaches handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
      Who cares? The vast majority of us aren't perfect either. College kid let the coaches handle it.
      I care, but maybe its because I monthly contribute to a perpetual scholarship fund. I dont want my contributions benefiting undiciplined people. Granted this young man made a mistake and most likely will pay for it, none-the-less it it is interesting to know how Coach Stig administers his team rules. I would think Stig would be fair to everyone including this young man. I know I sound like grampa, but education is a priviledge and an expensive one and with the availabilty of financial assitance and loans, one can take everything lightly and screw up. A student athlete is as special as a F.O Butler Scholar, in that they are entitled to a education based ton their athletic ability and academic abilities so they are special people and if they forget for one moment and make a big mistake, then they have only themselves to blame. Maturity and right choices are very important if you want to be a student athlete on scholarship.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I care, but maybe its because I montly contribute to a perpetual scholarship fund. I dont want my contributions benefiting undiciplined people.
        I suggest waiting to see if he actually did. All this because one person, SpeedRabbit, said he heard Wiess got a possesion of alcohol charge? Maybe, just maybe, he heard wrong????

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
          I suggest waiting to see if he actually did. All this because one person, SpeedRabbit, said he heard Wiess got a possesion of alcohol charge? Maybe, just maybe, he heard wrong????
          Sure he could be wrong, but the discussion had drifted over to team rules and what an infraction can cost in terms of scholarship money. I dont know this individual, but I do know that we have nearly 500 students receiving scholarship money and I personally hold them to a higher standard than those of the remaining student population. Whether its this individual or any other who messes up, I would expect the adminstration not to take it lightly. So please take my coments in general without pointing a finger at a specific person.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
            So he made a mistake-I hear he's a great kid and will be a good player for the Jacks in the future.. Lets move on

Comment

I believe alcohol probably not a huge thing but I don't think Coach Stig would look to kindly on it as it is a character issue
              Jake Steffen and Dirk Kools house got busted last year when they were underage. It didn't seem to affect their minutes. At least Steffen's.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

So he made a mistake-I hear he's a great kid and will be a good player for the Jacks in the future.. Lets move on
                why bring it up to begin with if you want everyone to move on? kind of like the tiger woods situation......i dont care!!!! if he made the mistake that my kids have made, then that is between him, his family and his extended football family.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  why bring it up to begin with if you want everyone to move on? kind of like the tiger woods situation......i dont care!!!! if he made the mistake that my kids have made, then that is between him, his family and his extended football family.
                  I agree with u.. Dead issue to me

Comment

I find some peoples perspective on certain issues interesting. It has to do with their place in life. When you are naive, you are naive there is no way around it. The best or worst part about it, you don't know you are naive.

I could follow Nidaros and try to explain more about college athletics, why they are in place, why they are or aren't successful, how they are funded, etc...but I'd be preaching to the choir while many in the congregation remain clueless. A lot of people on this forum sign checks that support academics and athletics at SDSU, a lot don't. Most have paid or pay fees that support athletics at SDSU, that means you pay for opportunities for athletes at SDSU. When someone says it's none of your business, guess what, they're wrong.

When a student athlete agrees to represent SDSU on the playing field.....okay, I said I wouldn't go into this.

2010 should be another great year for Jackrabbit football, I'm looking forward to it.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I find some peoples perspective on certain issues interesting. It has to do with their place in life. When you are naive, you are naive there is no way around it. The best or worst part about it, you don't know you are naive.

I could follow Nidaros and try to explain more about college athletics, why they are in place, why they are or aren't successful, how they are funded, etc...but I'd be preaching to the choir while many in the congregation remain clueless. A lot of people on this forum sign checks that support academics and athletics at SDSU, a lot don't. Most have paid or pay fees that support athletics at SDSU, that means you pay for opportunities for athletes at SDSU. When someone says it's none of your business, guess what, they're wrong.

When a student athlete agrees to represent SDSU on the playing field.....okay, I said I wouldn't go into this.

2010 should be another great year for Jackrabbit football, I'm looking forward to it.

youre right, i dont and cant write the big checks like you do. and i dont care about that either. i give what i can afford. and just because you can write bigger ones, doesnt make you better than me or happier than me. and i still dont care. you can make it your business if you want. and i dont have to make it my business , cause i dont care. have a great day.

P.S. you can give my usd/sdsu womens bb tickets to someone else. this low life can get his own
                      Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 12-04-2009, 06:00 AM.

Comment

We would all like to have 100 % of our student athletes be non-drinking and devote all of their time to their sport and their studies. However,a fairly high % of both student athletes and the student body in general probably have been involved in underage consumption at one point or another at SDSU and every other university in the country. One can only hope that students (both athletes and non-athletes) do not do it in excess and do not hurt themselves or anyone else in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          youre right, i dont and cant write the big checks like you do. and i dont care about that either. i give what i can afford. and just because you can write bigger ones, doesnt make you better than me or happier than me. and i still dont care. you can make it your business if you want. and i dont have to make it my business , cause i dont care. have a great day.

P.S. you can give my usd/sdsu womens bb tickets to someone else. this low life can get his own
                          Not implying others should give more, just trying to come from the perspective of those who donate larger amounts. I apologize for offending.

The point, students who receive scholarships that are funded by private individuals or corporations are held to a standard. I don't care if they are athletes or not.

Just because underage drinking has become acceptable in the eyes of many it does not mean we should look the other way. Student athletes are in a unique position and examples will be made as a consequence of that. There isn't anyway around it.

Is it fair for me to call people naive, no its not. That was out of line. Everyone knows underage drinking is a huge issue on all college campuses. My point was more in support of Nidaros and I should have left it at that without the snide remarks. My foot is on my keyboard again.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not implying others should give more, just trying to come from the perspective of those who donate larger amounts. I apologize for offending.

The point, students who receive scholarships that are funded by private individuals or corporations are held to a standard. I don't care if they are athletes or not.

Just because underage drinking has become acceptable in the eyes of many it does not mean we should look the other way. Student athletes are in a unique position and examples will be made as a consequence of that. There isn't anyway around it.

Is it fair for me to call people naive, no its not. That was out of line. Everyone knows underage drinking is a huge issue on all college campuses. My point was more in support of Nidaros and I should have left it at that without the snide remarks. My foot is on my keyboard again.

Its ok. i woke up on the wrong side of the bed. thanks for your apology and i sent you one by pm also.

Comment

I could not agree more and you got to the chase directly by saying when a student athlete agrees to represent SDSU on the playing field, they automatically set their standards of behavior at a much higher level. If you ask Coach Stig, why he has team rules and consequences if they are not followed, I know one answer he would never give is "I make these rules to be a horse's arse." Coaches and the adminstration do want good wholesome representation on and off the field. We as fans should expect the same.

As far as who can and who can not write checks, those who can't should not resent someone who can contribute. At the same time it does not give those who can power or the ability to look down on anyone on this board. I have been known to look down and that is not right. We need everyone and we need to agree to disagree and let it go at that.

Comment

I wasn't trying to start something when I asked that question I just wanted to know if it was true or not.....

I've been invited to parties from SDSU football players who where minors.... I don't care if you get a minor because quite a few kids get minors and a majority of the ones that don't are just lucky.....

I'm fine with how stig deals with the situation, if you do something and get caught and KNOW what is going to happen if it happens I don't have a problem with it....

I don't have anything against kids who get a minor as long as it doesn't become a problem, if you are getting 3 minors in 3 weeks you are either drinking way to much or REALLY dumb.... If you are driving, or if you are hurting yourself or others while drinking....

Comment

Working...
                                X