Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 the season

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    The defense will be very good again, too. Returning: Domino, Steffen, Basham, Thompson, Fischer Kjerstad, Brodie, Wise, Jeske, General (we hope), Matthews

We'll miss those linebackers and Danny Batten, of course. But new guys will step up. Feldner, Kool (the other one), Lien, and Tracy seem like the likely candidates. If he recovers well from his injury, Chase Douglas should see time on the D-line.

I'm excited to see what the defense can do next year. I'd expect that with so many experienced players returning, our defense will be at or near the top of the MVFC again next year.
    Its great to see we will have such a solid core of defensive player back. I see you listed the linebackers that will be stepping in. What's the word on Jake Weiss? Is he going to be vying for a spot? I recall he was a huge get for us.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Maybe this has been addressed, but how will the o-line look next year? We lose some pretty good ones don't we?
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        Maybe this has been addressed, but how will the o-line look next year? We lose some pretty good ones don't we?
        It has been addressed. Read the previous posts on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Its great to see we will have such a solid core of defensive player back. I see you listed the linebackers that will be stepping in. What's the word on Jake Weiss? Is he going to be vying for a spot? I recall he was a huge get for us.
          Good question. Anybody know? I was just going by players who I have seen on the field to date.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jack View Post
            Were any of you there? Do you know how loud that place was? Take the loudest thing you know and then make it ten times louder. I think it would have been hard to make checks in that kind of enviorment. How many offsides did we have? 4 or 5. I think checks would have made that worse.
            It was absolutely stupid in that stadium. I'd loved to see a decibal reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Chase Douglass was pushing for playing time this year before he was injured in fall camp so I'd guess he is in the mix on the defensive line. Terry has said good things about some of the offensive lineman recruits (Parker & Kage if I remember correctly). Eric Koehlmoos should also push for time in the secondary.
              I know that the staff wanted Chase to play this year before the injury. That surprised me as I thought he was a little undersized. But he and Moala give us a couple good DT's for the future. Moala, on tape, looks like a freak.

Comment

I would like to see some different looks, Im justing thinking out side the box on D. a 3 man line with thompson, one end, steffen the other and miola in the middle. rotating guys in to keep fresh and put on fisher and basham and douglas and others to keep a 4 man front. My reason for this though is we have very talented DBs and LBs even though some are young. I felt last year our blitz packages were the most effective for the D. having an extra LB or DB to blitz with from different sides of the field would be awesome.

Offense I think could be fun, with slightly smaller line men stepping up in place hoping to be a bit more agile. get some miss direction runs with kool and pull a guard across and open the run game instead of just the power I up the middle. go back to some split back fields with Minnet and Kool.

I look to Rollins to be the go to WR. They may be a little young but have prolly gotten a lot of practice snaps with TOB that the starters the last year years didnt get as much practice with so I would expect them to be near the same page timing wise and for familiararity.

Harris I expect even more kick offs out of the end zone. Just need to get the PK more accurate. more practice offseason i would think could be enough to help accuracy.

All in all I think next year will be a team that will be hard for other teams to figure out. People know what we could do last year, knew what we couldnt do this year which makes next year a little more unpredictable.

Coaching wise, we are short 2 coaches. Even being short we were 1 4th qt from advancing in the playoffs in our second year of eligebilty(SP). Imagine we add 2 more good coaches, gives that much more options to the table with more coaches. So next year I would like to see a better variety is the play calling. This year was a little to obvious. Change a few formations on Offense and add a few new D changes to keep teams guessing.
                Last edited by goon; 12-02-2009, 06:32 PM. Reason: added names
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Heard Weiss already got a possession.. Not good in my eyes

Comment

I know this is a little off topic- but when we are talking about our own team's players, can we at least get their names right? It is Aaron ROLLIN- not Rollins. I've seen it that way many times on here.

In regards to Weiss- alcohol possession or drug possession?
                    Last edited by trueblue; 12-02-2009, 07:54 PM. Reason: added question

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                      I know this is a little off topic- but when we are talking about our own team's players, can we at least get their names right? It is Aaron ROLLIN- not Rollins. I've seen it that way many times on here.

In regards to Weiss- alcohol possession or drug possession?
                      I believe alcohol probably not a huge thing but I don't think Coach Stig would look to kindly on it as it is a character issue

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                        Moala, on the scale, looks like a freak.
                        Fixed that for ya.

I'm a big fan of aggressive defense and clock grinding, ball control offense. I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bath water because of "the game". That game should be the defining moment for next years team.

I hope they post pictures of the final score up all over the weight room and the meeting rooms and everywhere so that the team gets pissed off and motivated. If that doesn't get them going to reach a new level, I don't want them on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                          I believe alcohol probably not a huge thing but I don't think Coach Stig would look to kindly on it as it is a character issue
                          I was told that if you are a scholarship player and get a minor that you lose part of your scholarship? Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I was told that if you are a scholarship player and get a minor that you lose part of your scholarship? Is that true?
                            Yes. $500 off when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                              Yes. $500 off when I was there.
                              Only fair as life is full of rules and expectations. If you are janitor, you can slop up all the beer you want, act like a fool and get arrested, but if you are clergyman, most denominations would have a problem especially if comsumption of said beverages resulted in confrontations with the law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                I believe it is a 1000.00

Comment

Working...
                                X