Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENRAGED...but cooling down now that I finished typing

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I would suspect that the players and coaches would be shocked--SHOCKED! to find that a lot of fans are almost as upset about the last quarter and a half of the Montana game as they are.

We have smart players. We have smart coaches. I daresay that they're well aware of the flaws of this year's team--and as good as they were, they had plenty of flaws (all football teams do, really--some are better at hiding them than others).

Oh . . . this was the first 8-win SDSU team in like FOREVER (it seems). If it wasn't for the Misery in Missoula, we'd be all kinds of happy and fired up about how the team had done, and what the future holds.

Perspective, folks. It's all about perspective. Don't let 20 minutes of a nightmare overshadow the progress that this program has made.

There's work to be done, yes, by coaches to get better, and by players to get better.

The thought I keep having is that if I'm an SDSU opponent, I'm not especially looking forward to seeing Thomas O'Brien in yellow and blue for the next three years. The kid was a redshirt freshman this year, and damn near got us into the second round of the NCAA playoffs.

Perspective, folks.
    Awesome points and rep points to you.

Perspective.

There are 100+ programs in the country that would take what we have going right now over what they had this season. We need to keep our heads up and look to the future, as it's still very bright.

Comment

Sixteen FCS football teams were playing football on Saturday. Sixteen.

There are FCS programs which have not made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Okay I will cut some slack for TOB, in fact the reason I took a swing at him was because Thumper 76 was implying all our problems were hanging on his youth and right to make mistakes was okay. Yes I realize he is about 5o years younger than me and I could be his grand dad which would be a real honor in my opinion.

I think we had major problems in play calling. I am sure the 3 and outs really got us in big trouble. Your later post with the percentages were helpful.

I got a PM from someone who is in the know who painted a completely different picture of what I had in my mind about Don Bailey. So I stepped in the poop here on that one and regret all my posts about his departure. The person who PM'd me seems to know what was going on and was rather specific about our departed coach. Because its gets into personnel matters I will stop at that and stop making comments about the impact of departure or shut up entirely about this guy. I dont know where our problems are but we still have some yet to be solved and that is what Coach Stig is being paid to do and he will do so.
        Actually I was more for Crawford being QB than for O'Brien. I just follow the philosophy that the coaching staff knows better who should be the QB than me. I also am sick of hearing about all of TOB's talent and potential. I'm sorry just because you have talent doesn't mean your good and will reach your potential. I think the first focus for him should be not giving away the fb. I have never seen a QB fumble as much as he has, never mind the interceptions. Sure hes young, but darn it, you are the starting QB for a Division 1 team, so I think just because you are young you shouldnt get a free pass for mistakes like a lot of people are giving him. Come on now. I doubt that you people would be giving Jon Fick the breaks your giving TOB had he played poorly. I'd bank on people calling for a repllacement. They are the same age ya know. And I'd like to apologize to Nidaros, I didn't mean to make the Meadows comment someone had made look like you had said it.
        Last edited by thumper_76; 12-02-2009, 11:39 AM. Reason: Added a bit
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Sixteen FCS football teams were playing football on Saturday. Sixteen.

There are FCS programs which have not made the playoffs.
          That is a good point. Before the game started my wife asked how many teams made it to the playoffs. I said 16. When she how many teams total there were I wasn't sure, but I thought about 100 or so. Her response was, "and SDSU is in the playoffs"! I had been thinking about the playoffs for so many weeks I began to take it for granted. That game against Montana didn't turn out the way we hoped, but the experience has got to be kept in perspective. We are one of the best 16 teams in the nation. That's pretty cool. I trust the guys that got us there, players and coaches, will continue to improve and have another successful season next year.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            That is a good point. Before the game started my wife asked how many teams made it to the playoffs. I said 16. When she how many teams total there were I wasn't sure, but I thought about 100 or so. Her response was, "and SDSU is in the playoffs"! I had been thinking about the playoffs for so many weeks I began to take it for granted. That game against Montana didn't turn out the way we hoped, but the experience has got to be kept in perspective. We are one of the best 16 teams in the nation. That's pretty cool. I trust the guys that got us there, players and coaches, will continue to improve and have another successful season next year.
            125 programs in FCS, give or take. The largest division of college football in the country.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X