Playoff field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff field

From AGS, where there is a pretty reasonable degree of knowledge. I think Montana, SIU, Nova, and Richmond will get seeds. I'm not convinced Weber is in and SFA is currently tied with an 0-10 team. UNI could sneak in, unlikely but maybe. McNeese has a tough game tonight and if they lose I think we have a very good chance of hosting.

Montana
    Villanova
    Richmond
    William & Mary
    New Hampshire
    Southern Illinois
    Appalachian State
    Holy Cross
    South Dakota State
    Weber State (Assuming they maintain huge lead)
    McNeese State
    Stephen F. Austin
    South Carolina State
    Eastern Illinois

Still alive:

Eastern Washington, Northern Iowa, Elon, Montana State
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Playoff field

Weber is still 7-4, with their best win being Cal Poly. At least the wins are all D-I wins.

UNI is likely to be outside, and home for T-days.

Liberty lost.

EIU is OVC auto-bid. They'll get sent to SIU.

McNeese loss probably doesn't kick them out.

Mont St. falls to Montana, so Bobcats out.

EWU/Elon/UNI battling for last slot.

BTW, win/lose, SFA in, ESPECIALLY if McNEESE loses.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Weber is still 7-4, with their best win being Cal Poly. At least the wins are all D-I wins.

UNI is likely to be outside, and home for T-days.

Liberty lost.

EIU is OVC auto-bid. They'll get sent to SIU.

McNeese loss probably doesn't kick them out.

Mont St. falls to Montana, so Bobcats out.

EWU/Elon/UNI battling for last slot.

BTW, win/lose, SFA in, ESPECIALLY if McNEESE loses.
      I don't disagree but I'm not convinced by SFA and I think the east coast guys aren't either. I think we have a 30% chance or better of hosting. Especially if UCA knocks of McNeese.

I bet you Elon gets a spot.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Elon is 9-2 with losses to Wake Forest and App State.

Their other two OOC's are Pioneer league teams. That and a down Southern conference must be keeping them on the bubble.

Replace those two games with mid-level programs and they should be a lock.

Comment

McNeese is on channelsurfing.net against Central Arkansas.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-...ports.php?w=60

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            McNeese is on channelsurfing.net against Central Arkansas.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-...ports.php?w=60
            McNeese seems to have the same November attendance problem we have had.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

When is the selection? Is there a selection show?
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                When is the selection? Is there a selection show?
                It is tomorrow at 2PM. I think it will be on ESPN News.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                  It is tomorrow at 2PM. I think it will be on ESPN News.
                  Correct ESPN News at 2 pm CST tomorrow. Party at my house.

Comment

My guess is it's a 50/50 that CAS will be occupied next Saturday. Speculation is that the Jacks are either going to Montana or hosting one of the other two Big Sky teams (Eastern Washington or Weber State).

Wouldn't it be justice to take down a Big Sky team, any Big Sky team, in the first round of the playoffs the first year we make it after they took No. Colorado and snubbed us and NDSU?

For the record, I am glad they snubbed us after the acceptance into the MVFC.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      My guess is it's a 50/50 that CAS will be occupied next Saturday. Speculation is that the Jacks are either going to Montana or hosting one of the other two Big Sky teams (Eastern Washington or Weber State).

Wouldn't it be justice to take down a Big Sky team, any Big Sky team, in the first round of the playoffs the first year we make it after they took No. Colorado and snubbed us and NDSU?

For the record, I am glad they snubbed us after the acceptance into the MVFC.
                      EWU just barely hung on to win, they are in. I hope they include Weber or Montana State and send them to Brookings. We will be happy to welcome either one. Neither deserves a home game and I think we do. See you in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Correct ESPN News at 2 pm CST tomorrow. Party at my house.
                        What, not going to Women's game tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          What, not going to Women's game tomorrow?
                          I've got to cover the hospital this weekend and Thursday/Friday so I can have next weekend free. So, I'll be listening to the women's game while watching the selection show. By party I mean the 3 kids and I, some string cheese and cold cuts. Wife is out of town this weekend.

Comment

McNeese ekes out a win 21-17, they will likely host if their bid was adequate. Our best chance to host is EWU or Weber getting in and coming to Brookings. I don't know what is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I've got to cover the hospital this weekend and Thursday/Friday so I can have next weekend free. So, I'll be listening to the women's game while watching the selection show. By party I mean the 3 kids and I, some string cheese and cold cuts. Wife is out of town this weekend.
                              Same boat here. Wifey out of town, but I've only got one on my hands. You got the string cheese and cold cuts, I'll bring the pretzels and ice cream.

Next Saturday I'll be bringing the booze and my loudest vocals of the year to CAS (hopefully).

Comment

Working...
                              X