GDT: SDSU v SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU v SIU

I think SIU had the advantage over SDSU in the fact that they had played in many "big" playoff games before and were much more comfortable in this game than we were.We were like "the dear caught in the headlights" against them, we couldn't do anything right & they could do no wrong.No one can win when that happens to a team.Learn from it , forget it & move on hopefully a better team .

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      We were like "the dear caught in the headlights" against them
      What puzzles me about that was how well SDSU played UNI.

---

(BTW: SIU lost to New Hampshire at home last year in the playoffs in an incredibly bizarre game, so their fans are no strangers to the 'what just happened here?' reaction)

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Actually that would be the 70th percentile but point is still relevant
        Hence the straight C student comment, lol.

Thanks for the correction.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

just posted on www.bisonsports.net

Oh wait, I forgot this was the SDSU thread. Chokers. They were posers. They looked ok when I was down there and watched the BISON self implode. I gave them some respect, but now? No. They are chumps.
          Minnesota is going to be big hill to climb. I will be watching and pulling for you.
          www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            You can when your defense allows less than 12 points per game.
            yeah but if you are asking your defense to allow only 12 points per game you are asking too much.....

before Crawfords injury he did an ok job, but since then he hasn't....

I'm not saying Ryan Berry is going to walk through the door, but we have a QB who can make the mass majority of the throws Berry made and Crawford isn't him....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              we have a QB who can make the mass majority of the throws Berry made and Crawford isn't him....
              Yeah. He'll be making throws Ryan Berry the senior with two years under his belt was making to the fastest guy in the state of South Dakota next week.

Without two years' experience, and without a player that fast.

Even -with- TOB, you don't have any wide receiver that's going to draw double coverage, and no WR that's a threat to break a screen or other short pass downfield the way Harris was.

You want last year's offense and this year's defense and that's just not how these things work.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                What puzzles me about that was how well SDSU played UNI.
                Were there any starters at any key positions that changed for SDSU between the UNI an SIU games?

Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Were there any starters at any key positions that changed for SDSU between the UNI an SIU games?

Yes. It's all on Crawford. He's the reason why the center gacked those snaps. He's the reason why the defense couldn't stop SIU on 3rd down. He committed that clipping penalty on the TD run, and so on and so forth.

If you can't see that the WHOLE TEAM played terrible, get your eyes checked or just give your ticket money to SDSU and leave the seat for someone who can figure out what's going on.

Comment

Yeah. He'll be making throws Ryan Berry the senior with two years under his belt was making to the fastest guy in the state of South Dakota next week.

Without two years' experience, and without a player that fast.

Even -with- TOB, you don't have any wide receiver that's going to draw double coverage, and no WR that's a threat to break a screen or other short pass downfield the way Harris was.

You want last year's offense and this year's defense and that's just not how these things work.
                    no the offense isn't going to be like it was under Berry, what I am saying is O'Brien can physically make the throws that Berry can and make them with ease, Crawford can't.... If you can't see that you are either 1) visually impaired, or 2) watching a different game then I am.....

Comment

I think the difference is UNI isnt as good as folks thought and now SIU proves they are the best. After all, It was a battle to decide who was best.
                      www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Yes. It's all on Crawford. He's the reason why the center gacked those snaps. He's the reason why the defense looked jittery and nervous. He committed that clipping penalty on the TD run, and so on and so forth.

If you can't see that the WHOLE TEAM played terrible, get your eyes checked or just give your ticket money to SDSU and leave the seat for someone who can figure out what's going on.
                        As a student, I don't have a choice but to pay for my tickets. But yes, it IS all Crawford's fault, I'm glad you finally noticed.

TOB >>> Crawford.

But really, he is better.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB123 View Post
                          I think the difference is UNI isnt as good as folks thought and now SIU proves they are the best. After all, It was a battle to decide who was best.
                          Well, that's one way to look at it.

But then you've got that whole UNI/Iowa game to explain away.

If UNI 'isn't as good as folks thought', then they shouldn't've been in a position to put away Iowa.

---

Or, perhaps, possibly, maybe, it could be that SDSU played some horrendously bad football today.

Not unlike Iowa back in the season opener....

Comment

Well, that's one way to look at it.

But then you've got that whole UNI/Iowa game to explain away.

If UNI 'isn't as good as folks thought', then they shouldn't've been in a position to put away Iowa.

---

Or, perhaps, possibly, maybe, it could be that SDSU played some horrendously bad football today.

Not unlike Iowa back in the season opener....
                            Because of Crawford, you mean?

I think TOB starts the rest of the games. Will you admit that he is better then?

Comment

he is better.
                              opinion stated as fact.

Good grief. The last thing this world needs is another college graduate who spent 4 years and >$30k without learning how to think.

Comment

Because of Crawford, you mean?
                                Alcohol really doesn't improve your personality. Go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X