Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU v SIU

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    And the defense has nothing to do with us scoring more points than the other team? Haha, wow.
    If all SDSU had was a good defense.......

Comment

So RO, you think that if a new offensive system was put in place next week, this team would perform better?

I want what you are smoking.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Honest to goodness, I can't believe people are questioning our system and play calling.

Q: How do you make big plays on offense in college football?

A: Set teams up by running the same plays consistently well (sometimes even for short yardage or no gain), then bust them for a big one when they aren't expecting it.

This is pretty much the gameplan for every successful football team post 12th grade. This list includes SIU, USC, Ohio State, Florida, the New England Patriots, etc, etc, etc.

This is also how Cochart has caught about every touchdown pass he has had this season--remember about 3 games ago how everyone was b!tching about him not getting balls???

This flawed system and play calling have only lead to us averaging 350 yards of offense per game and a 7-2 record.

I swear, some of you folks would be happier if we ran a flea flicker every 6th play, a fake punt at least once per game, and a reverse every other series.

Oh wait, when Stig called the reverse against McNeese in the heartbreaker, that was terrible play calling too. Get a clue.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Well I'm going to be done with this argument. With our system right now, it is my belief that we will not play to our full potential. If you don't agree, fine. I just don't understand how you could watch our offense and think "Man, that's a good offense!"

Zoo: you are hilarious. Keep doing what you do.

SF: Have you watched Florida's offense? I bet if you compared our playbook to ours, it would be like comparing a Hub City phone book to a Sioux Falls phone book.

Praire: I don't smoke, and I think if our offense had to learn a whole new system in a week, we'd get destroyed.

Peace out, time to get off the internet and go some places.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

we will not play to our full potential
            That's hysterical.

This is the same playbook as last year.

The Jacks playcalling is suited to an inexperienced QB and a mediocre WR corps.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              There are more throws in the playbook for TOB, if you haven't seen that during the last month you are blind. I'm not saying one if better than the other, but the difference in plays down the field between games at Missouri State, UNI and then Youngstown and the first half today is pretty obvious.
              This.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Its the same playbook as last year without the 10 yard plus routes of last year.... If you watched last year those 10 yard plays are what open up the run game..... you can't run the system SDSU has without having a deep threat....

Comment

Well I'm going to be done with this argument. With our system right now, it is my belief that we will not play to our full potential. If you don't agree, fine. I just don't understand how you could watch our offense and think "Man, that's a good offense!"

Zoo: you are hilarious. Keep doing what you do.

SF: Have you watched Florida's offense? I bet if you compared our playbook to ours, it would be like comparing a Hub City phone book to a Sioux Falls phone book.

Praire: I don't smoke, and I think if our offense had to learn a whole new system in a week, we'd get destroyed.

Peace out, time to get off the internet and go some places.

As of 10/31, we had the 37th best offense in FCS. Out of about 125 teams, that would put us in the 88th percentile. In other words, a B+. So I guess I look at our offense and think, man that's a pretty good offense. Of course, I was a straight C student.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...div=IAA&dest=O

FWIW, the number one team in the country ranks 52nd in total offense.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Stopped to catch Elvis Costello on Austin City Limits, yep I'm that old.

Good to see we agree on that point. I think a change to the system would require some different athletic talents also. Given some recruiting and some time, yep I can see a more exciting offense. But now it is time to play the hand dealt, and well.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      you can't run the system SDSU has without having a deep threat....
                      Which is why SDSU is 7-2; because the offense can't score enough points to win games.

Comment

Another interesting FACT. People like to rag how we don't convert on 3rd downs. According to ESPN, we rank #25 in that category.

Not bad, considering how predictable our play calling is.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...nvPct/group/81

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Another interesting FACT. People like to rag how we don't convert on 3rd downs. According to ESPN, we rank #25 in that category.

Not bad, considering how predictable our play calling is.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...nvPct/group/81
                          And check out who's number 8!

Football is not a simple game to coach. Why do you think they have the biggest coaching staffs in professional and college sports?

Maybe I should go all Pitino on some of the board members: "Ryan Berry isn't walking through those doors." You ain't gonna have another record breaking year with a brand spanking new fresh out of the box QB and a receiving corps that doesn't have any serious deep threats.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            Its the same playbook as last year without the 10 yard plus routes of last year.... If you watched last year those 10 yard plays are what open up the run game..... you can't run the system SDSU has without having a deep threat....
                            You can when your defense allows less than 12 points per game.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              As of 10/31, we had the 37th best offense in FCS. Out of about 125 teams, that would put us in the 88th percentile. In other words, a B+. So I guess I look at our offense and think, man that's a pretty good offense. Of course, I was a straight C student.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...div=IAA&dest=O

FWIW, the number one team in the country ranks 52nd in total offense.

Actually that would be the 70th percentile but point is still relevant

Comment

And there lies the problem for the day. The other team scored way more than 12.

Comment

Working...
                                X