No announcement yet.

Biggest Game Ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest Game Ever!!! (To this point)

This game is huge for the Jackrabbit program. If, and when, SDSU pulls this game out every game after it would continue to be huge.

Think about the things can could happen with a victory on Sautrday:

1) An outright conference title.
    2) The possiblity of an undefeated conference season in only the team's second year.
    3) A legitimate shot to knock off an FBS program.
    4) Not only SDSU's first playoff in a long time, but the real possiblity of hosting a game while being seeded.

That all being said, I had to change the title of the thread...

This week I can finally get behind the "1-0" bandwagon. Take care of business Jacks and every week after this will be a "Big Game."
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Re: Biggest Game Ever!!!

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Send me some of the lines he used to get his wife to let him go. I have a wedding on Saturday I am being forced to attend by my fiance and have tried to come up with all kinds of ways to get out of it already. Its not working, I need some help. She isn't an SDSU grad so she doesn't understand how much this means.
      I believe this is the classic "its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission" situation.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

leeshajo - Wedding is in Independence, MO. No luck there.

Jack4life - That is rough - Brian and Tim told me about that situation last time I was home.

Superbunny - That is a pretty good idea, except for she works in the medical field. She will bust me immediately for any claim of H1N1!

Chains - We will be moving to SF after I finish school so it won't take long for her to realize how important SDSU will be in our lives!

BTown - Yeah, tell her I will act like I always do when I go back to Brookings . . . that will get me in the dog house for at least a week! Ha!
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          I believe this is the classic "its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission" situation.
          That could definitely be the case here.

Comment

SDJ, I agree with you on the biggest game ever...to date. A little over a week ago we were saying (including myself) this is the biggest game ever. Now we are saying the same thing again. These are all big games and we are in uncharted territory and everytime we play a meaningfule game, it will be a big game. As I posted after the the UNI game, the attitude is changing at SDSU. We are now expecting to win these kind of games rather than hoping to play a good game (meaning not getting blown out). I am excited about the progress of THE South Dakota State University athletics and to see the rewards of several years of trying to get to this point. When I go to the games now, I really feel we can win any of them. This has not always been my feeling. I think this is going to bleed over to other sports, including Mens BB. Yes, this will be a big game, but we have a lot of big games ahead of us and I look forward to watching many of them.

Comment

Yep, I think so to. Here's why (my post on AGS week 10 game of the week thread)...

I went homer (heart) and picked SIU at SDSU. My head tells me it's probably Richmond at Villanova, but if UNI wins out and SDSU loses to SIU and Minnesota and wins vs WIU, both schools finish 8-3. I'm nervous that if SIU gets the autobid, an 8-3 UNI will beat out an 8-3 SDSU with the selection committee. I get nervous like that.

Only way to keep that from happening is beat SIU this week.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

If that happens we would be 7 and 1 in the MVFC and UNI would be 6-2. Plus we beat them head to head. I would think we would get a bid over them.

If not, there would be a serious flaw in the selection.

Lets just beat SIU though.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                  If that happens we would be 7 and 1 in the MVFC and UNI would be 6-2. Plus we beat them head to head. I would think we would get a bid over them.

If not, there would be a serious flaw in the selection.

Lets just beat SIU though.
                  I would hope so, but like I said, the situation makes me nervous, so let's beat SIU!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Send me some of the lines he used to get his wife to let him go. I have a wedding on Saturday I am being forced to attend by my fiance and have tried to come up with all kinds of ways to get out of it already. Its not working, I need some help. She isn't an SDSU grad so she doesn't understand how much this means.
                    Okay, I'm going to play Dr. Phil here (without the creepy mustache) and try to give some advice:

The best way to show your fiance how important this game is to you is to relate it to something that is important to her. Hypothetically, lets say she is a theater buff and just loves musicals. Explain to her that this game is to you what being able to see a one time only, original cast rendition of Rent would be to her... as you aren't missing the wedding for a one man play involving William Shatner singing "Rocket Man"!
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

That could definitely be the case here.
                      Since you are studying law, wouldn't bringing up for trial with the future Mrs. KUlawJack be a good barometer for where you are at in your future career?

This is one you should come out with a decent settlement.

See you Saturday!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Just tell her your favorite brother has tickets already and they are the best seats possible and one has your name on it.

Comment

leeshajo - Wedding is in Independence, MO. No luck there.

Jack4life - That is rough - Brian and Tim told me about that situation last time I was home.

Superbunny - That is a pretty good idea, except for she works in the medical field. She will bust me immediately for any claim of H1N1!

Chains - We will be moving to SF after I finish school so it won't take long for her to realize how important SDSU will be in our lives!

BTown - Yeah, tell her I will act like I always do when I go back to Brookings . . . that will get me in the dog house for at least a week! Ha!

K-Jack. Make the case for driving overnight to the wedding, "accidentally" take a left turn on I-29, and plead TMC (Typical Male Confusion) when it is discovered you have just passed the Dell Rapids exit.

Comment

Interesting tweet:
                            http://twitter.com/bkgsregsports

A lot on the lines Saturday. The MVFC Champ has typically hosted a first round game in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              K-Jack. Make the case for driving overnight to the wedding, "accidentally" take a left turn on I-29, and plead TMC (Typical Male Confusion) when it is discovered you have just passed the Dell Rapids exit.
                              This, I may just try this.

Comment

This, I may just try this.
                                Hmm, sounds like a Dumb and Dumber move, you may have to rent a moped to make it back to KC!

Comment

Working...
                                X