Coach Stig on KWSN today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Stig on KWSN today

Interview with Stig on KWSN today. I was just told by an employee of KWSN and someone very close to the show the interview "is golden".

Re: Coach Stig on KWSN today

when?
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      when?
      The show is from 3 to 6. You can listen online too. www.kwsn.com

Comment

Justin Sell is on 99.1 right now.

Comment

Well Stig was suppose to be on during the first hour, and now its the second hour, but I bet they throw Zimmer in first. Check about 4:30 or before.

Comment

Its hard for me to listen to these guys but they say Stig is soon to be on so I will. Send them a comment in support of more SDSU coverage.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Said he is on next, so I wouldn't wait until 4:30; probaly the last segment before the half hour.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The General is on leave. Parnell having surgery next week and done for the year.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I dont know what time the interview started but both John and Craig were very complimentary. It sounds like General Parnell is done for this year as they are going to do surgery soon. Hopefully he will be back next year at full speed. Injuries like this have a way of destroying athleticism. General was first at Idaho and with coaching changes at Idaho, came to SDSU. So no doubt about his ability. Hope and pray the surgeon can get him back to where he was.

Comment

Stig also said that the 'Guins have one the most complex blitzing scheme's he has seen; at least that is what I think he said. Dang phone.

Comment

Can anyone give a run down of what Coach Stig and AD Sell had to say? I was in class and couldn't listen. It would be much appreciated.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Can anyone give a run down of what Coach Stig and AD Sell had to say? I was in class and couldn't listen. It would be much appreciated.
                        It was a lot of the same things that those of us who follow the program hear so often.

1-We want to go 1-0 this week, 6-1 is in the past.
                        2-We have one team rule, make the right decision. Whether that's on the football field, in the classroom, or life.

I'm continually impressed with Coach Stig.

As all the balls seem to be bouncing our way these days, it is worth mentioning IMO that someday a member of the team will screw up with the law, in the classroom, we'll lose a game, or other bad things will happen.

I'm very satisfied that Stig is the right man to lead us through those or any other difficulties the program may face.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Sell's interview wasn't anything too earth shattering. Nothing we have not discussed here before in length.

Lots of sports facilities master planning. Mainly CAS. His vision is the same as a lot of ours. New east side. Doesn't know if the west side can be saved or if it has to be demo'd yet. He envisions a horseshoe on the south. The new stadium will be built around the Dykhouse Center. No discussion on field turf, but I think we know what Sell's preference is. One thing interesting that I've never heard the true actual number. CAS right now has 10,200 seats.

He played some golf with Joel Nielson this summer. Nielson is better. Talk on Udot joining the Summit League and it's a good thing. No true talk of football renewing the rivalry any time soon.

One other eye opening (I thought) number. In the last 8 weeks the Jackrabbit Club has added almost 200 members. From 860 to 1030, or somewhere in that ballpark. That's a pretty healthy jump in that amount of time. He attributes a lot of it to the success of the football team.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            It was a lot of the same things that those of us who follow the program hear so often.

1-We want to go 1-0 this week, 6-1 is in the past.
                            2-We have one team rule, make the right decision. Whether that's on the football field, in the classroom, or life.

I'm continually impressed with Coach Stig.

As all the balls seem to be bouncing our way these days, it is worth mentioning IMO that someday a member of the team will screw up with the law, in the classroom, we'll lose a game, or other bad things will happen.

I'm very satisfied that Stig is the right man to lead us through those or any other difficulties the program may face.
                            I did like Stig's interview today. A lot of it was the same stuff we generally hear from him, but a little more.

That man really, truly loves his "student athletes" as he likes to call them. You can just hear it in his voice when he talks about General's injury and how it's season ending. It kills him as much as the player. And his discussion on TOB and his support for RC.

He talked about a soda the team has late in the day and they discuss how to be focused on football yet being good people. He doesn't care if you are the student athlete who goes to class religiously every day or maybe if you like to be a little more of a goof off (my words, I don't remember what his were). Just keep your nose clean. 99.9% of his players listen, understand and abide by these words.

That is the most I've listened to Craig Mattick since 99.1 came around. He was actually very cordial and didn't have any of his snide, derogatory b.s. that comes out of his mouth before or after interviews dealing with SDSU. That said, I'm sticking with ESPN radio. Even if Warren Swain is USD's play-by-play guy and I have to listen to the "Coyote Minute" 20 times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              someday a member of the team will screw up with the law, in the classroom
                              But with Stig running the show, it'll never be a pattern....

Comment

Working...
                              X