Color Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Color Guard

Stroke, not good. The effects are hard to shake off but, adjustments can be made. Are you on Plavix or Coumadin? Stay off the rat poison if you can. Take it easy and get better.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      Regarding the Color Guard, the way it's handled at the College World Series may work well at CAS.

When the colors are being presented prior to the National Anthem, the PA announcers asks everyone to rise and remove their hats and then asks that everyone remain at attention until the colors are retired following the anthem. When the colors are appropriately retired, the PA announcers simply says, "Thank you," and people go about their business.

There's always a few folks who forget, put their hat on and sit down. But the majority remember so those that do forget pop right back to attention. One difference is that the Color Guard doesn't march nearly as far onto the field at Rosenblatt as they do at CAS so people don't have to hold their attention very long. It works well, and I think it teaches respect.
      Isn't this what happens in Frost for basketball games (except when the Bison are there and they tell us their name)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I apparently had a minor stroke, but got all my abilities, just some numbness on the left side.
        Good grief! Glad to hear you're alright and doing better.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Good grief! Glad to hear you're alright and doing better.
          Ditto my old friend...take life a bit easier, don't let things upset you too much, and just keep charging with the JACKS!!

Comment

Good Grief a stroke over a post about the color guard, nearly one week ago and I am doing fine. Just back from out walking.

I don't think the board excitement by its self is the problem, but more about genes as my family has had its share of strokes more often in later part of life. Being overweight does not help either, but its been an experience that I have not had before and would not want again. I have gotten a great amount of help and encouragement this past week so,so its going to be okay. I do not plan to miss the game this coming saturday.

One of the phyical therapists I worked with said she was a Jack fan but had to miss the game on Saturday We had quite the discussion. I told her about Stig and Lennon coaching together at Northern and being very good friends and she thought that was unique. I noticed none of the SIU media coverage has picked up on this past part in the two coaches lives.

To get back on topic, I am sure the Color Guard will do us proud on Saturday as will our team. GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Maybe cut UNI a bit of slack on this one. By a stroke of luck, I happened to be on a cross country trip to the east coast with my daughter on Saturday which allowed us to be in Youngstown for the game. At half time, the YSU half time royalty were introduced two by two coming from the end zone out to the middle of the field. About that time the Jacks were leaving the locker room to come out on the field. Some of them went around to the outside others including some coaches walked right through the middle of the ceremony. I was somewhat embarrassed for our team. Im sure they didnt mean to do it and probably didnt realize what was going on at the time. But Im guessing some YSU fans took it as a sign of disrespect.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                Maybe cut UNI a bit of slack on this one. By a stroke of luck, I happened to be on a cross country trip to the east coast with my daughter on Saturday which allowed us to be in Youngstown for the game. At half time, the YSU half time royalty were introduced two by two coming from the end zone out to the middle of the field. About that time the Jacks were leaving the locker room to come out on the field. Some of them went around to the outside others including some coaches walked right through the middle of the ceremony. I was somewhat embarrassed for our team. Im sure they didnt mean to do it and probably didnt realize what was going on at the time. But Im guessing some YSU fans took it as a sign of disrespect.
                I don't think that the two can really be compared. One is respect of our country and those who protect it. The other is the pretty college kids. I wouldn't be too embarrassed at all.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                X