Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O'Brien or Crawford?

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    TV just tweeted that Stig says Craw "wasn't totally healthy" in practice yesterday and his status is up in the air.

If it was any other coach, I'd think maybe he was just giving YSU something to think about. Stig doesn't really play those games, though, so I guess we aren't sure yet who's starting Saturday.
    If he's not as healthy as the other starting quarterback, then he shouldn't go.

Plus he hasn't had a full, healthy practice in nearly a month. We saw how out of sync the receivers/quarterbacks can be when they aren't practicing full time together.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      If he's not as healthy as the other starting quarterback, then he shouldn't go.

Plus he hasn't had a full, healthy practice in nearly a month. We saw how out of sync the receivers/quarterbacks can be when they aren't practicing full time together.
      I'd say that sums it up very well. Especailly the part about not practicing!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        X2.

TOB is the future, but a healthy Crawford is your starting QB. And yes I seem to recall we were riding a pretty big wave up to Crawford getting hurt against Poly. You can say we played better competition but the last time I checked one of the two TOB starts was against a not to be named team sitting in last place in the MVFC . I think we should all be happy that we have this problem. Most schools are lucky to have one good QB.
        I agree that both Crawford and TOB are solid QB's. The question is how healthy is Crawford? He wasn't healthy on Tuesday so that solves it for me. You have a healthy QB that's played 3 weeks in a row and is on a roll. Why start somebody who wasn't completely healthy 4 days before the game?
        TOB has had 3 starts. He did start against the team you are talking about but his other 2 starts are against teams with a combined 10-6 record. Not earth shattering but TOB's 11-13(opponents record) is better than Crawford's 8-15.
        UNI and Cal Poly are the 2 best teams SDSU's played so far but the 3rd best team is probably Missouri State or Georgia Southern. That means TOB could have played the 3 toughest teams SDSU's played this season.
        I know the coaches will make a better decision than I would but that's the way I'd lean. I completely healthy on a roll QB with a full week of practice over one that isn't.

Comment

Once again, everybody is making good points. I think both QBs are great. I'll be interested to hear what the coaches think. And of course I'll trust their judgment since they have forgotten more about football today than I will ever know.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Anyone heard the official decision on whether Crawford or O'Brien is starting at Youngstown?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Anyone heard the official decision on whether Crawford or O'Brien is starting at Youngstown?
              My sources say its Crawford. I'm not concerned either way. Unless something unexpected happens between now and the game I think it will be Ryan starting.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

TV confirms it's Craw:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

O'BRIEN IS SAFE!! I would venture to guess that O'Brien has no problem getting the starting nod next year. Stigs said that he's way ahead of where he was before the season or if he hadn't played. He's help his cause a bunch. They have no doubt now that he is the real deal. And good luck to Ryan I hope he takes us deep into the playoffs.

Comment

"What's that? Ah -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."
                    Jim Mora, November 25, 2001

Comment

• Re: O'Brien or Crawford?

I am glad that Ryan is getting the nod at YSU. I have been impressed with TOB so far, but I feel much more comfortable having the 5th year guy starting at a very tough place to play. TOB has a bright future ahead of him, but he still only has 3 starts under his belt. YSU is a very tough place to play no matter what type of season they are having. Hopefully the Jacks can get a big enough lead to let BOTH will get snaps.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Crawford must have healed dramatically in the last 48 hours if he wasn't completely healthy on Tuesday. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                          Crawford must have healed dramatically in the last 48 hours if he wasn't completely healthy on Tuesday. Go Jacks!

Even if not quite 100 percent, don't underestimate the psychological impact on a team as it has watched its starting senior quarterback fight to get back on the field in a crucial game.. You gotta admire the kid's perserverence through two injuries that could have sidelined him for good. Wasn't there speculation that the NDSU game injury last year was a career threatener?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Even if not quite 100 percent, don't underestimate the psychological impact on a team as it has watched its starting senior quarterback fight to get back on the field in a crucial game.. You gotta admire the kid's perserverence through two injuries that could have sidelined him for good. Wasn't there speculation that the NDSU game injury last year was a career threatener?
                            Not underestimating anything. Glad he's healthy.

Comment

Absolutly NoVaJack. This young man is a fighter. And, even though he doesn't have much more starting experience than TOB, those extra years of taking snaps in practice gives RC the edge in experience.

The good news is SDSU has two quality, experienced QBs. Bright future, get the shades.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I have a question. Does Whittier redshirt have to be declared? If he doesn't play at all this year can we go back and say he redshirted to give him another year of eligibility? Or is redshirting with the possibility of it being pulled?

I guess that was three questions, but if you have an answer I would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X