Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O'Brien or Crawford?

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    You really think the Goof's have a chance to upset us.
    Outside shot at that happening
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      The experience thought is no more. RC has started 4 games in his college career and was injured halfway through the 4th game. TOB has started 3 games in his college career and played most of another game (Poly).

TOB has now beaten a decent MVFC team on the road, the Jacks #1 rival and the #6 team in the country. He was very effective in all three games in spots where nerves really could have come into play.

RC and TOB both have the moxie to start for a top 10 FCS team in the country (man it feels good to say that). I think TOB has the better tools to lead this team the rest of the way.
      What a problem to have. Jacks fans are debating which excellent QB should be our starter. Bison fans are trying to find any QB worth his salt to start.

Coach Stig is extremely loyal to his seniors...so if healthy RC may get the nod. TOB clearly has emerged as a quality QB and more than capable of leading this team to big time wins.

I am sure Coach Stig is getting a little grayer over this one. But whomever he picks will have my support.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I'm just glad someone with more football knowledge and insight has to make the decision. I have never bought into the concept especially in college that a starter is entitled to their position when they return from injury.

Comment

I don't like switching QB's when one is winning...... should coach hoody have given Bledsoe the QB job back from Tom Brady?

Also it would of been different if Crawford would of been the clear cut starter in fall camp, but I think everybody said that they were equal (a lot thought TOB was better) and went with the one that had more leadership and experience (even if not game experience)

Comment

KEEP IN MIND TOB has no problem with Craw starting. I don't want us to start a problem between 2 guys that get along great and are good friends. I personally agree that Craw should be able to start if he's healthy. I also agree that we shouldn't fix something that isn't broke. Tough decision, but it's football. Both have played great.

Lastly, I thought TOB missed a couple open guys and went to his check down in the first half. The second half he exploded and they really let TOB be TOB. And once again he has made any major mistakes. He really outplayed Pat Grace.

Comment

The Argus Leader has a quote from Thomas O'Brien during the post game press conference that displays his feeling about the QB situations:
              "Whatever happens, happens," O'Brien said. "It'd be awesome to see Ryan come back. It's really tough to see him just before the game knowing what he's going through. I know that's really tough. He's one of my best friends, but if I have to go, I'll be ready."
              Link
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

I really thought that the called some conservative calls for TOB in the first half. Almost all of his throws were to the flat. They finally opened up more of the field for him in the second half. I can't wait for them to let him loose for the whole game, though it may not happen this year.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I am also glad that Coach Stig has to make the call. Both players have done a great job and taken care of the football. Gonna be a lot of fun to watch O'Brien for three more years.

Either way, it is nice to know we have two quality players that have gameday experience. You never know when another injury can jump up and bite you. Just look at Cal-Poly. Quarterback is the toughest place to lose a starter and we are as well equipped as anybody moving forward.

We're going to find out how much it affects SIU. Their starter was lost for the season last week.

The big thing is to keep focused on going 1-0 each week. The Jacks control their own destiny.

Exciting times in the Jackrabbit Nation!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I vaguely remember some article by some writer, not sure if he even still writes for the Argus, about how poorly the QB situation at SDSU was being handled. 4 guys competing for a job none of them aware of who might get it. A team with 4 leaders and therefore no leaders. Does anyone else recall this? Perhaps I am mistaken and there never was any negative speculation about this topic.

I digress, good problem to have. Not sure who they choose. I agree with others, pick one and stick with him. Can Craw do everything TOB can do? Of course not. Can TOB do everything Craw can do? I think we'll see TOB start the game against YSU Saturday, I don't know why I say that I just think we will.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sounds like Craw will be back in the saddle against Youngstown State. Here's a tweet from TV at the Argus:

Breaking news: Senior Ryan Crawford is likely to start at quarterback for SDSU this week. The official decision will come Tuesday.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        Sounds like Craw will be back in the saddle against Youngstown State. Here's a tweet from TV at the Argus:

Breaking news: Senior Ryan Crawford is likely to start at quarterback for SDSU this week. The official decision will come Tuesday.
                        Great news for Ryan. I was worried when I heard Stig after the game that Ryan was out of the picture. But I'm always happy for a senior to get back in there, especially a kid who has overcome a lot to get where he is. And we shouldn't forget how Ryan was ripping it up before he got hurt.

And I have to say how impressed I was with TOB's comments in the paper. Very mature and thoughtful way to look at it. Evidence that he's going to be a great leader for this team in years to come.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Great news for Ryan. I was worried when I heard Stig after the game that Ryan was out of the picture. But I'm always happy for a senior to get back in there, especially a kid who has overcome a lot to get where he is. And we shouldn't forget how Ryan was ripping it up before he got hurt.

And I have to say how impressed I was with TOB's comments in the paper. Very mature and thoughtful way to look at it. Evidence that he's going to be a great leader for this team in years to come.
                          Agree that TOB sounded very mature and will be a great leader. I just don't know about this decision though.

Why would we switch horses mid-stream when we are on a roll. I understand that Crawford was playing well before he got hurt, but it worries me to fix something that isn't broke. Again TOB completed 70% of his throws this weekend for almost 300 yards in leading the us to a victory over a perennial powerhouse who is very good this year. The week before he quarterbacked us in a dominating win over our biggest rival. If that isn't winning the job I don't know what is. Either way, I just want to win. I hope this is the best decision, but I will second-guess it until proven wrong. I get to do that, because I don't have to make the decision.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

yeah, I just really question this move..... if Crawford struggles what happens the following week against SIU?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              yeah, I just really question this move..... if Crawford struggles what happens the following week against SIU?
                              I bet Coach Stig and his staff are prepared to decide that if, big IF, that is the case. I think the team is comfortable with either one of them, it's clear the coaching staff is, and I for one am too. Don't go losing sleep or fretting over who is the QB, keep the focus on YSU and how we beat them regardless of who is taking the snaps.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have no qualms with Crawford being the starter for next week "if" he is 100% healthy and hasn't shown any mental effects (i.e. shying away from stepping up in the pocket). However, if Crawford is not 100% ready to go, O'Brien should be getting the nod.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X