Jacks Join Conference Elite!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks Join Conference Elite!!!

The thing I've noticed about teams with really good defenses in general is how often their opponent "plays badly" when facing them.

Offense gets the headlines, defense wins championships.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Most of us remember when the BB team was at a level where they expected to beat any team they played. The football team is at that level now.

SDSU has an equal chance or better of beating any other FCS team. They are that good and proved it yesterday.

Next up Youngstown, Jackrabbits go 1-0.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

With respect to the Cap'n as he seems to genuinely be a good guy and enjoys good football, I have to disagree. Yesterday to me was another game that we should have won by 2 more touchdowns.

I don't believe one win makes you a conference elite. If we go a minimum 2/3 or 3/4 against the top of the MVFC, depending on where Youngstown and the Bison are in any given year (UNI and SIU are going to be there), over a period of 5-10 years then we can be "Conference Elite". We also have to consistently make the playoffs and win a game. Not every 30 or 40 years. Every two or three years.

All of that negativity being said, I think Coach Stig, staff, and players are headed in the right direction and doing great things at CAS this year and it is a lot of fun. Need to keep it up for four more games and see where the chips fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
          Sounds like what you hear when the Jacks Women B-ball team beats BCS schools "we beat ourselves"... I think this is the sign that the F-Ball team has indeed reached the conference Elite status.
          Fairly common comment when you lose ... we beat ourselves. However, in this case the numbers reflect that the Jacks beat UNI.

Jacks rushing yards 164
          UNI rushing yards 144

Jacks pashing yards 285
          UNI pasing yards 215

Total yards Jacks 429
          Total yards UNI 327

Final score Jacks 24
          UNI 14

Guess what? Jacks win.

GBGBGJ

Comment

We kicked Pat Grace and UNI's butt. I stood on the sidelines and watched it. They played poorly largely because we played reasonably well. UNI was lucky to be in the game at the half. Our D-ends contained, our LB's stepped up and made tackles. When the UNI backs did see openings our DB's took them down.

Our offense was steady, not spectacular and with some play calling left to be desired, but steady. Sure, it would have been nice to convert a couple of 3rd or 4th and short down plays but sometimes the other teams defense steps up. You still keep running the ball to keep them honest. You hit receivers on under routes and then you down-out and up them for a TD or you drop back and run a draw up the middle for a 50 yard back breaking scamper by the best RB on the field.

Jacks win, Jacks win, Jacks win that's all that matters. Bring on Youngstown State, I our guys want nothing less than each teams best effort.

Oh yeah, Mahoney didn't look like he was having much fun back in SD. We might see these guys again, I'd say our guys would welcome the challenge.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X