Jacks Join Conference Elite!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks Join Conference Elite!!!

Great win for the Rabbits! All the best for the rest of the year!!!

Beat SIU and go deep in the playoffs!!!

Re: Jacks Join Conference Elite!!!

Thank you, Sir.

Comment

Thank you again. Captain, you show a lot of class. Will root for UNI in their remaining games.

Comment

Meh, I'm not rooting for UNI.

But I will root for Cap'n Cat to get his Fancy Feast instead of Alley Cat for dinner............

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post

Cap....I know you did not enjoy how the game ended but I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere here in Jackrabbit land. We wish you well the balance of the season.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
            I won't be able to root for UNI, classless players and fans. Cap'n is great, but Panthernation sounds like a bunch of Bison fans. All it is, am not impressed with SDSU, their QB sucks, talk to us after you first playoff game. Still no respect, what do we have to do?
            Why the pot-shot at NDSU? I guess I didn't realize SDSU was exempt from having some moronic fans. I heard plenty on the east side last weekend--fans for both teams.

Hats off to SDSU. They're putting together a nice season. Honestly fellas, I don't get the "no respect" rants I've heard. Most people in this part of the country have respected SDSU football for a long time. What you are doing this year isn't really a big shocker to many people. It's only the second year in this league for our schools so obviously the conference wasn't going to start slapping the new-comers on the back right away. You have to earn it...and your boys are doing just that this year.

SDSU football has a lot to be proud of this year, and it isn't over yet. It's a helluva fun time when you have only one loss.

Best of luck the rest of the season. It's shaping up to be a big one in Brookings in two weeks.

Respectfully,
            A Bison

Comment

From being at the tailgate and the game: UNI fans and team were first class as far as I'm concerned. The game was just hard-nosed football.

Don't judge teams and fans by the posting of a relative few on a message board. (I've written things that I hope have not been used as a basis for judging my fellow SDSU fans!)

What a day!

[Added a few minutes later: Pat Grace looks overweight by about 15- or 20 pounds. Okay, so now rip me apart. ]

Comment

If we want to be like some of the Panthers we could say that it was all on our offense that we were not ahead 21-7 at halftime- their defense had nothing to do with it. I'll admit their fumbles were pretty much their own doing, but what about the two interceptions? Jake Steffen made one heck of a play on his. Press conference 101- when you lose give credit to the other team, and when you win give credit to your teammates and coaches!
                Great win Jacks! Thanks for the kind words and class Capn' Cat.

Comment

I guess where I sat (right behind the UNI bench), I didn't see any UNI fans being disrespectful. I didn't like the way some of the players from UNI acted (24 doing his "you can't see me" and needing 1 coach and 2 refs get him off the field (by the way, why didn't the refs throw an unsportsmanlike flag when it takes 2 of them to get him off the field) and 51 looked like he threw a punch during a kick/punt return (it might have been a shove to face mask but that is actually a penalty)). Like I said, I saw nothing an UNI fan did that was horrible.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post

class act, capn.... we won't disappoint!!!

Comment

Noticed in the program that SDSU, UNI and SIU shared the top three in almost every category.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                        If we want to be like some of the Panthers we could say that it was all on our offense that we were not ahead 21-7 at halftime- their defense had nothing to do with it.
                        Their defense stepped up at the goal line. The Jacks' offense should have punched it in but their defense had their offense's back.

I hope you enjoyed your first(??) Hobo Day Cap!!!
                        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by nells View Post
                          Why the pot-shot at NDSU? I guess I didn't realize SDSU was exempt from having some moronic fans. I heard plenty on the east side last weekend--fans for both teams.

Hats off to SDSU. They're putting together a nice season. Honestly fellas, I don't get the "no respect" rants I've heard. Most people in this part of the country have respected SDSU football for a long time. What you are doing this year isn't really a big shocker to many people. It's only the second year in this league for our schools so obviously the conference wasn't going to start slapping the new-comers on the back right away. You have to earn it...and your boys are doing just that this year.

SDSU football has a lot to be proud of this year, and it isn't over yet. It's a helluva fun time when you have only one loss.

Best of luck the rest of the season. It's shaping up to be a big one in Brookings in two weeks.

Respectfully,
                          A Bison
                          I think most of us SDSU fans get along with most NDSU fans. But one really bad apple (some knucklead like Lakes Bison, for instance) can annoy and entire fanbase. Plus the's the rivalry. And then fan message boards. And the emotions of sports fans. Overstatements are made. I don't think it was personal, Bison. Thanks for the kinds words.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                            I think most of us SDSU fans get along with most NDSU fans. But one really bad apple (some knucklead like Lakes Bison, for instance) can annoy and entire fanbase. Plus the's the rivalry. And then fan message boards. And the emotions of sports fans. Overstatements are made. I don't think it was personal, Bison. Thanks for the kinds words.
                            I completely agree. I love good nature jabbing. Taking shots at each other knowing that it is all good fun and it isn't personal. It is people who make the rivalry their entire life that really make them go bad. Every fan base have their classy fans that win and lose with much respect to the opponents. Every fan base also have the fanatics that only talk smack and can't live with a loss. Unfortunately it is the later type of fan that usually finds their way to opposing message boards (we are luck to have CapnCat here from UNI along with a couple from CalPoly and NDSU).
                            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Wow, what a win for your program! After seeing both teams play the Bison, I thought SDSU was the better team, but to put it together on game day is impressive. Congrats to your team and fan base and good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X