Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI Game Day Thread

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I guess I am being a Farley defender, but if you do have an open date, then there is not much you can say about the upcoming opponent. He could have came and praised the Jacks but choose not to. Or he could have blasted his players for losing the game. I am sure they had diffent expectations at this point in the season. So no show might be best for his team and himself at this point. No big deal, Stig showed up and that counts for me, but what Farley does is not something I am worried or concerned about.

Good post, Nidaros. Farley has nothing but respect for the Jacks. Gotta think of it from his perspective, too, guys. He's the head coach and loathes the way UNI lo0st to SDSU and SIU. He thinks UNI should have won. Is that so wrong?

One day, and I'm sure it's happened already, Coach Stig will be in that position when you lose to a team that you should beat, or at least give a better showing against.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
      Good post, Nidaros. Farley has nothing but respect for the Jacks. Gotta think of it from his perspective, too, guys. He's the head coach and loathes the way UNI lo0st to SDSU and SIU. He thinks UNI should have won. Is that so wrong?

One day, and I'm sure it's happened already, Coach Stig will be in that position when you lose to a team that you should beat, or at least give a better showing against.

Go Jacks!
      And on that one day Stig and his players as they have in the past will show much more class and props to their opponent than exhibited by Farley and his players

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        And on that one day Stig and his players as they have in the past will show much more class than showed by Farley and his players

Is there a reason that this is still such a big deal to people?

I really could care less if the other team came out at the press conference and said "SDSU didn't do anything at all to win." I don't need some other team telling me how good of a football team we have in Brookings. You want people to really respect this program? Let Stig and the boys keep kicking their butts from end zone to end zone. That is how respect is earned, not by people fawning all over us in a press conference.

Personally, they can say whatever they want as long as their press conference is titled "Losing Team Presser."
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Is there a reason that this is still such a big deal to people?

I really could care less if the other team came out at the press conference and said "SDSU didn't do anything at all to win." I don't need some other team telling me how good of a football team we have in Brookings. You want people to really respect this program? Let Stig and the boys keep kicking their butts from end zone to end zone. That is how respect is earned, not by people fawning all over us in a press conference.

Personally, they can say whatever they want as long as their press conference is titled "Losing Team Presser."
          I agree 100%. I'll keep taking the wins and let the other team say whatever the hell they want to say.
          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post

Go Jacks!
            I decided to go back in time and did a little searching to early September, 2006. Some loyal Jackrabbit fans and posters on this board were calling for young and relatively untested Ryan Berry to replace Andy Kardoes after Lacrosse beat us. Below, I've pasted a quote posted 9/3/06 which talks about Stig's comments after the game. Now, I'm certain Stig expressed himself in a manner that was about as unoffensive as one can get toward the winning opponent but nevertheless, he was saying we blew it.

"I was told by a member of the chain gang, that teammates were wanting Kardoes pulled before the 1st quarter was over. He finally was pulled in the 3rd quarter. Stig said in the postgame that this was his lowest moment since being at SDSU. Hopefully it was just 1 bad night and we'll regroup and play better the remainder of the season. If not, it could be a long fall."

Those who remember that season, will remember how Kardoes became the fabulous comeback kid. It was some exciting football! That season is an important block in the foundation for what the program is doing today.

I don't begrudge Coach Farley and some of the players wanting to take all the blame and not giving out much credit. In a way, they're trying not to make excuses for themselves and not everyone does that these days.

Go Jacks, kick the snot out of Youngstown! Saturday weather forecast for Younstown: High of 60 and RAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

Amen. The "we don't get any respect" complaint has become THE biggest cliche in sports today.

Comment

After our little discussion on the board about the Yankton P & D coverage, we did get a little lovin'. Since I did complain to them, I also sent them a thank you for this coverage.

http://yankton.net/articles/2009/10/...1627713928.txt

See the third item in the column...

Thanks P & D...

Comment

One additional comment on the grass. I remember marching at Lambeau Field in GB and there was a lot of sand on it. Along the lines of a golf green. Not sure if that is a key, but it seems CAS has much more clay and is quite mushy.

If we want better grass, I wouldn't doubt that it would still require some $$$ for an overhaul.

Comment

SDSU definitely is getting some respect from those in Iowa as most know that UNI is a very good FCS team.

Also, kind of like SDSU and Nebraska, there are UNI grads that follow Iowa closer than UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                      SDSU definitely is getting some respect from those in Iowa as most know that UNI is a very good FCS team.

Also, kind of like SDSU and Nebraska, there are UNI grads that follow Iowa closer than UNI.
                      That may explain the inordinate number of Iowa Hawkeye seat cushions I saw UNI fans sitting on last weekend.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                      X