Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
    Alright, I think we all know that the goal is 1-0 for each and every WEEK...

SoDakJack had a question about how the system works, as FCS fans we need to know how the FCS system works. How about one of the mods move the question and answers to a different topic (probably where it could of been the in first place, but that's okay). There I didn't even mention the p word.

My wife already won one bet with a coworker, an NDSU alum, now she needs to take down her office mate, an UNI alum. She doesn't want to bring treats in for her department.
    It wasn't a post against you and I am not a fan of the 1-0 mentality amongst the fans. And I know people are probably tired of hearing mention my other team, but Iowa is much in the same position. Some of the Hawkeye fan base is worried about getting 'screwed' out of the NC game. Personally I want a conference championship (from both teams). Then they have done all they can do and the rest is up to silly voters or committees.

If the Jacks continue to win through the SIU game then we can really talk about hosting or traveling.

First and foremost are the Purple Kitties from Cedar Falls (my best smack).
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
      UNI doesn't always have a large contingent of traveling fans. Just a dedicated group that isn't afraid to make a little noise.

They haven't had much success with the bus trips this year, in part due to the fact that many of the traveling fans don't want to overnight. But there should be a fair number of us there.
      Definately not trying to talk down on the or anything in any way. I think its really cool actually that you guys put those things together on a regular basis. Looking forward to seeing some purple fans on Saturday.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Attendance guesses? Since it's Hobo Day, we don't need UNI fans to get over 16,000. Just how far will it be?

Sat: mostly sunny 51, very nice day for football. Hope the crowd gets loud early and stays engaged.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF5vV...ayer_embedded#

Attached is a good video of player interviews from media day with players talking about how the UNI game is the biggest of year.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            Definately not trying to talk down on the or anything in any way. I think its really cool actually that you guys put those things together on a regular basis. Looking forward to seeing some purple fans on Saturday.
            The bus trips are a blast. I've been on a couple (and am planning on taking the bus to Illinois State next month). It's a fun atmophere, riding with other fans the whole way down (especially fans that bring yummy treats that they are kind enough to pass around the bus. haha), and it's nice not having to worry about driving.

I kind of feel bad for the guys that work on organizing these trips, as they put a fair amount of effort into getting them set up, but they are 0 for 3 so far in getting enough people to sign up to make the trips financially feasible (they seem to come up a handful short each time).

But I'll stop rambling about them.
            Perhaps it's something that the Jackrabbits can look into at some point (dunno what kind of numbers you guys bring on average, or if there would be enough interest, but it's definitely a fun way to travel)

Comment

I know that we had talking about when the backyard opens on Saturday. This just came across my desk:

Tailgating this weekend for the Hobo Day game starts at 10 am (4 hours proir to the game). Please announce that if you are tailgating right at or close to 10 you'll need to enter from the Highway 14 bypass due to the Parade line up
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

At 8-3, the odds are that we'll be in the playoffs. Not a lock at all, but I would take those odds. If we lose to N. Iowa and beat SIU, we share the conference title and should be in. If we beat N. Iowa and lose to SIU, we will be second in the conference...and have a signature win over a team that has made the playoffs regularly. I don't believe the Valley won't have two playoff teams.

All of what I say is pending our taking care of business against W. Illinois and Youngstown, of course. Youngstown on the road...that will be a test.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                  Attendance guesses? Since it's Hobo Day, we don't need UNI fans to get over 16,000. Just how far will it be?

Sat: mostly sunny 51, very nice day for football. Hope the crowd gets loud early and stays engaged.
                  I would love to see a record, but considering how jam packed the stadium looked on Saturday with just over 14,000 there I'm not sure its realistic to put 16,000 in there anymore.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                    I would love to see a record, but considering how jam packed the stadium looked on Saturday with just over 14,000 there I'm not sure its realistic to put 16,000 in there anymore.
                    I agree. I don't think it's possible given the configuration now. I'm going to say 15,100, and it'll be pretty packed at that. That's 1,000 more than were at the NDSU game, and that seemed pretty packed.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Would they turn people away or allow some to stay in the Backyard or cram them in?

Comment

Would they turn people away or allow some to stay in the Backyard or cram them in?
                        I think thats what they SHOULD do if they are turning people away, but my money is that they will be schmucks and just make them go away.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

That's a great question because the stadium being open it doesn't really have any maxiumum capacity. I'd be shocked if they turn anyone away - I think it more depends on how many people want to continue to buy GA tickets and find a place to stand.
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

They turned students away from the student section last week.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Rainy days like today are a good argument for Field Turf. A fieldhouse, too. I hope wet weather isn't screwing up practice for the UNI game.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Rainy days like today are a good argument for Field Turf. A fieldhouse, too. I hope wet weather isn't screwing up practice for the UNI game.
                                Pretty sure Stig and his assistance can deal with the weather. We had plenty of practices in the rain, snow, wind, etc.. Would it be nice to have a facility? Sure. Does it do any good talking about it on a fan forum? I don't think that gets a darn thing done. I suggest keeping the focus on UNI and off CAS, practice facilities and the playoffs but hey, I'm just one guy.

UNI has a great QB who can run outside the tackles, inside the tackles and pass out of the pocket or on the move. They have solid RB's and WR's and a darn good defense, the best we've seen thus far. We have an equally solid RB and WR's core and a defense that really plays well at home. Therefore, I think it comes down to our QB play, special teams, and turnovers. We definitely have a home field advantage and if our kicking game is as good as it should be we win by 6 in front of 15,000 plus Jackrabbit fans.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X