Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ? Injury status ?

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Does it really matter? I want Crawford back when he is healthy to play, I really have no interest in viewing his xrays or quibbling over the extent and nature of his injury. I just wish Ryan the most speedy recovery possible.
    First, why rumor start if the facts aren't true? Its not "quibbling." An ACL injury requires surgery 99% of the time. It's not an ACL. Stating such is just misleading. Second, we are talking about Steffen. I'm just trying to keep the rumor mill from starting on this kid. Oh, and I wish both of them a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by darkerstill View Post
      Oh, and I wish both of them a speedy recovery.
      There you go.

Comment

Someone asked if anyone knew about their injuries.. believe what you want, but I was told about as directly as you can get that it was an ACL issue

Comment

Originally posted by sidelineobserver View Post
          steffen's injury is an mcl .
          *bump*

Comment

Allright, we are now in agreement...I just rechecked my message and cleared it up. MCL it is, sorry fellas I've never been good at reading

Comment

Any known injuries from Mo State game?

Comment

Adam Monke, Stig says "slight injury"

Also, per TV's blog, Crawford doing really well. No crutches at the game and running every morning on the treadmill.

Back for UNI?

Comment

I am glad to hear that Crawford is doing well. I don't think Stig should tip his hand as to when Crawford will be back. Let UNI have to prep for two different QB's. Even if Crawford did start for the UNI game, I would like to see TOB brought in and have them run the flash play just to play with UNI's head a little.

I was also wondering if Meadows was reducing the playbook for TOB, since it was his first game and all. I was encouraged by TOB's play with the plays they gave him. I thought he managed the game very well for his first start.

I think the Steffen injury is having an impact on the defense. With Steffen they were able to drop him or Batten back into coverage, but since Steffen left I have not seen a DL drop back since. Maybe I just did not see it, but the defense did give up some yards since he went down. I really thought Steffen was the best defensive player on the field when he was out there. I hope he comes back for the Southern Illinois game. I think that will be a must win to get into the playoffs.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Good news on the injury front. According to TV's post on the Valley Teleconference, both Crawford and Steffen are back on the practice field. They may not see any action, but it has to be a boost in moral and another thing for UNI to prepare for.

For SDSU, it's a matter of who will play. Freshman Thomas O'Brien has started at quarterback the past two weeks, and has not committed a turnover in consecutive wins, but injured senior Ryan Crawford did practice Tuesday. (As did injured DE Jake Steffen.) The Arizona native will work out again today, and the coaching staff will make a decision either Wednesday night or Thursday morning. "We're not going to change the game plan," Stiegelemeier said. "If Ryan can execute the game plan, then he's got a chance to be the guy."

While we have been blessed with others stepping up, having both available would be a huge boost. With Crawford, UNI has to prepare for a larger playbook. In addition, as NorCalJack posted, having the flash play with TOB brings more options to prepare for. Having Jake back would be awesome, but only if he can drop back into coverage like he has been. Finally, the muddy conditions may make this a battle that is won in the trenches. It will be nice to reduce some of UNI's speed with the conditions.

Comment

I think that Steffen being back is actually bigger than Crawford being back with the type of muddy game we are expecting. I definately want all our top linemen back for a slugfest in the trenches thats for sure.
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                      X