? Injury status ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Injury status ?

I haven't heard anything about the severity of Crawford's and Steffan's injuries since reading TV's report in the 10/5/09 Argus. Anyone hear facts (not speculation)?

Re: ? Injury status ?

From TV's twitter feed:

In case you didn't read the Argus Leader this morning, SDSU QB Ryan Crawford and DE Jake Steffen are out 4-6 weeks due to knee injuries

I couldn't find the article in the Argus online, so I assume it's only in the print version. Not as bad as I thought when I saw Crawford go down, but not exactly great either. If things go well based off that timeline, both could be back for Southern Illinois at home. Hopefully we will have a QB controversy on our hands then, as that would mean TOB will have played really well the next 4-6 weeks. Losing Steffan is a huge loss as well, you could argue he had been our best defensive player this year. Only silver lining is that our defense is a little more prepared to take that injury with a solid #2 in Thompson and talent everywhere else.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      From TV's twitter feed:

In case you didn't read the Argus Leader this morning, SDSU QB Ryan Crawford and DE Jake Steffen are out 4-6 weeks due to knee injuries

I couldn't find the article in the Argus online, so I assume it's only in the print version. Not as bad as I thought when I saw Crawford go down, but not exactly great either. If things go well based off that timeline, both could be back for Southern Illinois at home. Hopefully we will have a QB controversy on our hands then, as that would mean TOB will have played really well the next 4-6 weeks. Losing Steffan is a huge loss as well, you could argue he had been our best defensive player this year. Only silver lining is that our defense is a little more prepared to take that injury with a solid #2 in Thompson and talent everywhere else.

As far as those things go I think that thats about a good of news as it gets beyond not having an injury to the knee. I think that means that they probrably just strained/sprained some ligaments, compared to tearing it. I'm not sure, I'm sure Doc can clear that up for us.

As for Steffan as the best player so far, I think the reason he is shining so much is because of how much the other teams have to adjust and worry about Batten, it opens up a lot of possibilitys for the other guys. Not saying Steffan isn't doing well, because he certainly was the guy taking the most advantage of it.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Steffen's injury is an MCL type one.

Comment

Jake was having a very good season. What a pair for other teams to worry about with him and Danny. Backups need to show their stuff the next couple of weeks.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Steffen's is an ACL

Comment

What does this do to the Jacks's playoff chances?
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

It sure don't help.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

That's better news that I expected, but still a significant injury. Usually the team/Stig will say week to week....

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
                    Steffen's is an ACL
                    Ummm...say's who?

Comment

says me

Comment

Don't be surprised if Ryan Crawford comes back sooner than expected. Who could count that kid out after what he did to get back from his wrist injury.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The hometown story on TOB stated 2-4 weeks.

It is Crawford's last year, but they aren't going to put him out there if it will affect his play too much.

Will be interesting if TOB lights it up and he heals fast.

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
                            says me
                            You are mistaken my friend...check your source.

Comment

Originally posted by darkerstill View Post
                              You are mistaken my friend...check your source.
                              Does it really matter? I want Crawford back when he is healthy to play, I really have no interest in viewing his xrays or quibbling over the extent and nature of his injury. I just wish Ryan the most speedy recovery possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X