Hobo Day 2009 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day 2009 Thread

Is it ever too early to start thinking about Hobo Day?

I'll go ahead and start a Hobo Day thread and make it sticky, just to start building the hype.

Northern Iowa-SDSU. Could be a really, really big game for SDSU, the Valley, and the FCS this year.

I just ordered tickets--the best available are in section T (east side, one section south of midfield) row 2. We've had rooms at the Super 8 since last year.

Snookums is looking forward to the parade.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Hobo Day 2009 Thread

This game should be huge... looking forward to it...

Hobo day is always alot of fun - from attending the parade, to cooking up some hobo dinner at the back yard... then of course the game...

Should really skip as it is my parents 50th wedding anniversary... but luckily they had a party in july to celebrate... thinking we may head up after the game if anything... either that or go join them for church services back home on sunday...
    - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Comment

Ordered my tickets a week ago section T row 16 seats 1, 2 and 3. Ordered top row on purpose. Going to be a blast!
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Ordered my tickets a week ago section T row 16 seats 1, 2 and 3. Ordered top row on purpose. Going to be a blast!
        Yeah. Row 2 was too low for me. I went for row 10 (for the warmth factor, in case it's a bit nippy).
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hobo Days.

Just wanted to be the first to post that incorrect reference to the homecoming celebration.

Carry on.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
            Hobo Days.

Just wanted to be the first to post that incorrect reference to the homecoming celebration.

Carry on.
            No, that's Hobo Daze . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We'll be there, not sure if we'll arrive in Brookings Friday night or Saturday morning. I use to like to hit downtown and check out the large crowds, now I prefer to avoid the bars altogether on Hobo weekend. The parade is great and of course the highlight of the day in the game. Its a little tough to get the tailgate site ready after the parade. I wish they would let us set up the canopies and grills before the parade and then vacate the area but we know that will only happen for a select few.

Should be a great game and I hope both teams are still at the top of the MVFC when we meet.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hobo Days.

Carry on.
                I'll resist my cranky old man, "get off of my lawn" tendencies... for now.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hobo Days.

Carry on.
                  Thanks for the teachable moment.

To any new to Jackrabbit Nation:

Hobo Week leads to Hobo Day.

While I am at it the female version of a Jackrabbit sports team is Jackrabbits - Not Lady Jacks or Lady Jackrabbits, just Jackrabbits.

Boy do I feel better.

By the way you can watch the parade from TompkinsAlumniCenter and grab some complimentary donuts, coffee, or hot chocolate. After the parade the Alumni Association will be serving Nick's Burgers at the First Bank and Trust Rabbit Den Alumni Tailgate Tent. Last year we had over 800 Alumni and friends join us on TAC front lawn for the parade and over 500 join us in the Backyard!

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!
                  Last edited by 89rabbit; 09-29-2009, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Sigh,,,, Sure would like to be at Skinners that morning enjoying the Bloody Mary bar

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese75 View Post
                      Sigh,,,, Sure would like to be at Skinners that morning enjoying the Bloody Mary bar
                      Me too, I've got a wedding to attend that day and have to miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese75 View Post
                        Ugh. McNeese and Hobo Day is just not a good memory. I thought I had buried that one. I think I'll go have a bloody mary now.

Comment

Taking my two year old daughter who loves her Go Jacks shirt to her first Hobo Day Parade Saturday. A little cooperative weather would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            Taking my two year old daughter who loves her Go Jacks shirt to her first Hobo Day Parade Saturday. A little cooperative weather would be nice.
                            Sunny and 50 give or take 5 degrees at game time, a little cooler at the parade. I don't care what the temp is as long as its dry.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Sunny and 50 give or take 5 degrees at game time, a little cooler at the parade. I don't care what the temp is as long as its dry.
                              We can't control the weather, but I agree. With the construction area, the mud is a little bit of a factor around the porta-pots in the tailgating area. But, even my wife tolerated it and we made it back to the hotel without too much mud to drag in.

Comment

Working...
                              X