Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2009 Thread

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    Taking my two year old daughter who loves her Go Jacks shirt to her first Hobo Day Parade Saturday. A little cooperative weather would be nice.
    Very cool sfjacksfann99!

I've got a 6 month old, wife and I are debating how we're going to handle the parade this year. If it's as nice as they say it's going to be, we'll be fine outside, if not, we may park a vehicle in either dominos or across from domino's so she can be in a little warmer climate....and to get her away from the sirens from the emergency vehicles in the beginning. We found out at the 4th of July parade sirens were bad bad bad. (Der de der der we realized afterwards, but never gave it a thought before.)
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

what time is the parade?

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        Taking my two year old daughter who loves her Go Jacks shirt to her first Hobo Day Parade Saturday. A little cooperative weather would be nice.
        Sorry man, UNI is a dome team I want an advantage of the frozen tundra.
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I will be taking my two kids to their first Hobo Day parade. Granted, they are my two dogs, but that still counts. Right? I just have to find an old Jacks shirt that will fit the 120lb puppy!

I am thinking about watching the parade from right next to the Foundation. Does the Pride still put on the show for the President's guests? If so I may have to wander down that way.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

We are usually by the Campenille. The band still does there short program for the guests at the presidents home. We usually watch the first part of the parade and then off to tailgating.

Parade at 9:30, when does Backyard open? 11:00?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
              We are usually by the Campenille. The band still does there short program for the guests at the presidents home. We usually watch the first part of the parade and then off to tailgating.

Parade at 9:30, when does Backyard open? 11:00?
              For day games the tailgate area is open 4 hours prior to gametime. This differs from the usual night games when it opens 5 hours prior to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                For day games the tailgate area is open 4 hours prior to gametime. This differs from the usual night games when it opens 5 hours prior to the game.

I'm pretty sure they changed it to 5 hours before game time for all games this year. I could be wrong though. There's no way I'll be there that early anyway.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure they changed it to 5 hours before game time for all games this year. I could be wrong though. There's no way I'll be there that early anyway.

Go Jacks!!
                  That could very well be the truth. I got my info from GoJacks and that is from 2007.

There was a time when the Hobo Day tailgate for myself started sometime on Friday night, but alas, those days seem to have passed.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Go Jacks!!
                    This came across my desk this morning and I pasted it in another thread, but since we were talking about it, I figured I would pass it on...

Tailgating this weekend for the Hobo Day game starts at 10 am (4 hours proir to the game). Please announce that if you are tailgating right at or close to 10 you'll need to enter from the Highway 14 bypass due to the Parade line up.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      This came across my desk this morning and I pasted it in another thread, but since we were talking about it, I figured I would pass it on...

Tailgating this weekend for the Hobo Day game starts at 10 am (4 hours proir to the game). Please announce that if you are tailgating right at or close to 10 you'll need to enter from the Highway 14 bypass due to the Parade line up.
                      SoDakJack is right in this case. The new tailgating policy for this season allows tailgating starting 5 hours before kickoff of evening games, and 4 hours before kickoff of afternoon games.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

CSN West: Football Fortunes Change in the Dakotas

By Kent Schmidt, CSN West Columnist

South Dakota State never has been part of the DII playoff party in my memory. And the Jackrabbits never will play in the DII playoffs. Just to clarify, they did participate once in the DII playoff prior to my memory in 1979 when the Jackrabbits lost in the first round to Youngstown State.
                        Boy, how things have changed - especially this year. South Dakota State ranks in the Top 10 in the GPI in a division higher now and sits with a 5-1 overall and 4-0 MVFC league mark. The other three Dakota schools can’t smell the Top 25 as all have records at or under the .500 mark.
                        South Dakota State appears to have a chance to do something it hasn’t done in 30 years — play in the postseason and possibly earn its second league championship in three years (something it hasn’t done since 1963 before winning the Great West in 2007).

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...dex.php?blog=5

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          CSN West: Football Fortunes Change in the Dakotas

By Kent Schmidt, CSN West Columnist

South Dakota State never has been part of the DII playoff party in my memory. And the Jackrabbits never will play in the DII playoffs. Just to clarify, they did participate once in the DII playoff prior to my memory in 1979 when the Jackrabbits lost in the first round to Youngstown State.
                          Boy, how things have changed - especially this year. South Dakota State ranks in the Top 10 in the GPI in a division higher now and sits with a 5-1 overall and 4-0 MVFC league mark. The other three Dakota schools can’t smell the Top 25 as all have records at or under the .500 mark.
                          South Dakota State appears to have a chance to do something it hasn’t done in 30 years — play in the postseason and possibly earn its second league championship in three years (something it hasn’t done since 1963 before winning the Great West in 2007).

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...dex.php?blog=5
                          This right here really puts the potential of the rest of the season in perspective. A chance, starting this weekend, to make history or repeat it.

Comment

The writer also notes:

"While it might be a tough chore to defeat both of these two or Minnesota, it is not inconceivable. This Dakota boy has not just started to believe in Coach Stig’s team, I also am thinking it should really start being considered one of the FCS elite teams."

Last edited by JackJD; 10-22-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

"While it might be a tough chore to defeat both of these two or Minnesota, it is not inconceivable. This Dakota boy has not just started to believe in Coach Stig’s team, I also am thinking it should really start being considered one of the FCS elite teams."

A win this weekend will be the shot that's needed. Would REALLY put Jacks football to the top discussions with the CAA schools and their FBS wins.

Comment

Special plea. For those of us unable to make it, can those of you lucky enough to be there be extra descriptive about the sights, sounds, impressions. Just got this wild feeling it could be a good day in Jackrabbitville.

Comment

Working...
                                X