Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISU (Bird) game thread

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    Should we be as upset about them scoring a touchdown on us this late in the game as Indiana State was that we scored a touchdown late in the game last weekend?

They didn't need to score that touchdown any more than Paula needed to score his touchdown last weekend.

Or perhaps my logic is clouded (Thank you AnheuserBusch).
    I think it winds up being a net benefit for us, as those 2nd teamers on the field for us may work that much harder in practice so that it won't happen again. It was valuable game experience for those guys--and we'll need them. If not this year, in years to come.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
      Solid game. Few things to clean up (especially personal fouls), but when isn't there? Disappointed that Stig doesn't put the 2nd team offense in earlier. Games is over in the 3rd quarter and O'Brien's only PT is to take a knee. That position, more than any other, needs the PT. No doubt that Ryan is the starter; he is playing very well. Can't wait till next Saturday.
      If i remember right (I've had a few Morgan/Cokes while enjoying the win) we were down by 20 some odd points twice in the past two seasons in the 4th quarter and came back and won. No brainer to keep the starters in till the midway point in the 4th quarter. Great win though. O'Brien will get his chance.

Comment

This defense hits hard. Just thinking back about how many times the Redbirds went backwards on initial contact or spun around and thrown down hard or hit multiple times.

Really glad I got to watch it. Thanks to Sturgis and Filbert for helping me finally getting it to work (with only one minor glitch).

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          31-10 Jacks
          Right spread, wrong score. I guess I'll take it

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
            Solid game. Few things to clean up (especially personal fouls), but when isn't there? Disappointed that Stig doesn't put the 2nd team offense in earlier. Games is over in the 3rd quarter and O'Brien's only PT is to take a knee. That position, more than any other, needs the PT. No doubt that Ryan is the starter; he is playing very well. Can't wait till next Saturday.
            I realize we have a Senior quarterback, but I also thought it would have been nice to get O'Brien in for at least one series as we may need him before this is over. Crawford continues to make good decisions.

Comment

I hear you darkerstill, but ISU really never threatened our defense until cleanup time. Tricky call, I just would have gone with the 2nd offense one series earlier. Really a good situation for me to be nitpicking when you think about it. I hope to be able to armchair quarterback this scenario for the rest of the season .

Comment

Due to prior commitments, I had to follow the game in fits and starts with the benefit of smart phones connecting to the internet. A nice road win! As others have noted, its great to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

I have always thought we play our A team too long, plus IMHO we should run more than we pass.
                  MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                  http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                  http://gojacks.com

Comment

I'm interested in a take from somebody who watched the game. From listening on my Big Friend for Sports, I got the impression we were somewhat lucky to be up 21-10 at the half. Seems like relied on some big-time third-down plays. Thoughts?
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      I'm interested in a take from somebody who watched the game. From listening on my Big Friend for Sports, I got the impression we were somewhat lucky to be up 21-10 at the half. Seems like relied on some big-time third-down plays. Thoughts?
                      Well, I didn't watch the game, but from listening to it on the radio, we scored on a 60 some yard long td with under a minute left in the first half, Fox broke a tackle or two and was gone.

Combined with the tip ball pick 6 that ISU got, I guess you could say it "should've" been 14-3 at half.

The impression I got was that ISU's offense never really threatened to score, except for the junk td at the end.

SDSU did convert very nicely on some big third down plays, I thought. One of my favorites was on a 3rd and 15 I believe Crawford couldn't find a reciever and scrambled for 18.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

A lot of missed tackles on the defense though. When they should have held the birds to short yardage they seemed to slip the tackle and make a big gainer.

Comment

Sounds like practice will be a busy time this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            A lot of missed tackles on the defense though. When they should have held the birds to short yardage they seemed to slip the tackle and make a big gainer.
                            Definately can't afford that against Poly, thats for sure
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

The team was back in town already this morning, congratulated coach Stig and Meadows around 10:30. They don't mess around getting home, that's for sure!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                I realize we have a Senior quarterback, but I also thought it would have been nice to get O'Brien in for at least one series as we may need him before this is over. Crawford continues to make good decisions.

Crawford is a senior. But, really has limited playing time prior to this year. I would suggest that maybe stig and crew want to get him as much time on the field as possible? Certainly understand wanting to get the backups some time but Crawford needs as much live action as he can get. I like O'Brien and his time will come.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                                X