Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

Stig said at the After Hours even just now that he asked Jimmy Rogers if there was anything to worry about. Jimmy told him that the team is even more intense this week than last.

Look out Trees.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

My wife makes brisket on our little weber grill and it is great. Dab a little liquid smoke on it, wrap it up in a few layers of aluminum foil and place over the coals, close the lid, check it every now and then to add coals if it starts to die. Dont touch the foil, as in turn the meat. Just let it sit and cook in its own juices. Two to three hours later it is good to go. Nice and done. Meat falls apart. Very juicy.

Comment

I'm predicting at least 15k fans and a 45-0 beatdown!

But......

Let's not forget that Louisville only beat these guys 30-10. I don't know the full story on this game, ie, did UL play the starters very little, etc??
        I think if the Trees would've beaten Quincy by a couple of TD's like they should've, the talk here and on AGS, would be much different in regards to ISU-Blue.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Stig said at the After Hours even just now that he asked Jimmy Rogers if there was anything to worry about. Jimmy told him that the team is even more intense this week than last.

Look out Trees.
          Nice. Stig said in Sioux Falls earlier this week that the player leadership on this team is as good as he has seen. I've got a good feeling about this game and this season.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Story from Treeland

http://media.www.indianastatesman.co...-3776256.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              I'm predicting at least 15k fans and a 45-0 beatdown!

But......

Let's not forget that Louisville only beat these guys 30-10. I don't know the full story on this game, ie, did UL play the starters very little, etc??
              I think if the Trees would've beaten Quincy by a couple of TD's like they should've, the talk here and on AGS, would be much different in regards to ISU-Blue.

Go Jacks!!

Let's just hope the players aren't as overconfident as some of the posters on this board... Any Given Saturday.....

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Let's just hope the players aren't as overconfident as some of the posters on this board... Any Given Saturday.....
                This....

While I don't think SDSU will lose, I'll go with a toned down 31-17 SDSU victory.

I guess I just get nervous before games, especially ones we "should" win.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I guess I wouldn't read too much about ISU's strength into the score of their game vs. Louisville. Louisville dominated overwhelmingly in every aspect except the score. 419 yards of offense to 101. Louisville committed 14 penalties for 128 yards. It was the first game for a new QB at Louisville. And it's important to note that Louisville finished 5-7 last year, with five straight losses to end their season. This isn't the Louisville of a few years back, the team that was contending nationally.

Our team isn't overconfident, but I'm very confident in stating that we have better players. Lots of them.

Recall that ISU has lost 31-0 last week at home to Eastern Illinois. They lost 28-26 at home to NAIA Quincy. We played poorly AT their house last year and beat them 49-9. And I think we're better this year, and we're playing at home where there can be no doubt we play better.

Jimmy Rogers won't let this team be the team that loses to ISU. And I'm confident it will be a very lopsided game.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Terre Haute Trib-Star coverage:

http://www.tribstar.com/collegesport...262001645.html

Apparently the reporter was unable to use the Internet to determine what a "Beef Bowl" is or to discover the correct spelling of "Danny Batten".
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Terre Haute Trib-Star coverage:

http://www.tribstar.com/collegesport...262001645.html

Apparently the reporter was unable to use the Internet to determine what a "Beef Bowl" is or to discover the correct spelling of "Danny Batten".
                      How is that guy not fired? When I took Basic News writing, it was drilled into our heads, name check, name check, name check and then check the names again.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        How is that guy not fired? When I took Basic News writing, it was drilled into our heads, name check, name check, name check and then check the names again.
                        Nobody from GSU could pronounce Kyle Minett's name, either. Too much trouble to read the pronouncer.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Time to hit the highway. Hope to see 15,000 other screaming people at the game.

Stick around, it might be worth it in a blowout to watch the backup RB's and TOB.

Man I love Saturday home football games when it's 80 degrees out.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            Time to hit the highway. Hope to see 15,000 other screaming people at the game.

Stick around, it might be worth it in a blowout to watch the backup RB's and TOB.

Man I love Saturday home football games when it's 80 degrees out.
                            As opposed to 20 degrees and 40 mph winds with sleet/snow? LOL Wonder why?

Comment

Got the truck all loaded up now waiting for that 1:00 hour -- look for the twin flags entering the backyard.... I don't drive too far in - but the flags stay up while in the tailgate areas....

going to try a corned brisket - what I hear is that I should have pleny of time for that vs. a true brisket....

if it flops good thing they sell dogs and burgers at the game... haha
                              - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                With the way the newspapers are cutting back they probably sold the name checker and hired some below minimum wage person to do the editing.

Comment

Working...
                                X