Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

We called off the dogs in the fourth quarter against GSU and still scored 44. I think we force at least 3 TO's against ISU and the defense/special teams get at least one score. The 55 I predicted yesterday may be a reach, but I expect the Jacks to put up some points this weekend. I'd be shocked if we don't score more than the 30 Louisville did.

Comment

I hope the crowd will turn out for Beef Bowl even though this has the potential to be lopsided. Only four more home games!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I hope the crowd will turn out for Beef Bowl even though this has the potential to be lopsided. Only four more home games!
        I think it is going to be a very nice crowd. I checked online where you could get tickets for the game and it looks like the only tickets you can purchase are on the East Side and GA tickets. So I would venture we could see between 14,000-15,000.

Comment

Over confidence will be our killer, and if we keep our balance, and intensity SDSU should win without a major problem. It would be interesting to find out more about their defense.

Coach Stig does not believe in running up scores so 69 pts is not likely. I think Coach respects every coach he faces and why should he not. He is not going to sell more Brookings Registers or Argus Leaders for that matter by dissing the ISU coach especially one like Miles who has worked for Tryone Willingham at Notre Dame, U of Washington and Fresno State.

I think there is a good possiblity that the bench will get emptied, but lets see this Saturday if that happens.

Here is the link to Coach Miles bio.

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArtic...ON=2009aturday.

Comment

I agree that O'Brien should or hopefully will get a little more playing time againt ISU. However I was happy with Crawford's play. The biggest thing is that he didn't make any mistakes and played within his style of play. Both showed they can move outside the pocket and make plays. Still too early to tell how we'll do at the QB position, but no doubt both looked good.

Comment

Crawford played great. His movement in the pocket bought time, he ran when it made sense, and threw it away when nothing was open. That's what a senior who has been in the system for five years brings to the table. O'Brien looked very good, too and heaven knows you can't have too many QBs who are ready to lead the team.

Crawford showed why all the freakouts (by the Jedi-types) over the QB choice were pointless. The coaches know best what it takes to win and what each of these players is capable of. I hope we can put that issue to rest, support Crawford, appreciate what he does well and recognize that a fifth-year senior's experience makes us a better team.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Is there anyway we can move the game up to Tuesday night...I'm ready for more Jackrabbit football NOW!
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

http://www.gosycamores.com/fls/15200...69&SPSID=65229

Indiana State Univ Football stats this year.

Comment

Defense plays 8 quarters w/o a TD. Jacks 41-3 as the intensity won't be there.

These next few games will tell us if we have reached the point that we can expect us to put away early all but the best teams. Save the nail biters for UNI, SIU and UMN.

Comment

I have to say its hard to even get excited about this game. I feel bad that the trees have to come into frost this year. I hope there is a good crowd because this game is probably not going to be too exciting (and by that i mean a butt whooping). Oh well, here's to hoping the trees give us a good game, and by that I mean within 21 points. Seems like they could use a confidence builder, and I hate to see any team have the tough years they have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
                        I have to say its hard to even get excited about this game. I feel bad that the trees have to come into frost this year. I hope there is a good crowd because this game is probably not going to be too exciting (and by that i mean a butt whooping). Oh well, here's to hoping the trees give us a good game, and by that I mean within 21 points. Seems like they could use a confidence builder, and I hate to see any team have the tough years they have had.
                        This game is not being played in Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                          This game is not being played in Frost.
                          I am sure we have zealous bb fan here. I thought he was talking about the trees that came down in order to build the Dykhouse. But thats just me as all the MVC nicknames are not household words yet. So we all have our senior moments. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I am sure we have zealous bb fan here. I thought he was talking about the trees that came down in order to build the Dykhouse. But thats just me as all the MVC nicknames are not household words yet. So we all have our senior moments. LOL
                            Everybody says trees. I prefer ISU(Wood) and ISU(Feathers).
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I would imagine the crowd will be damn near full with it being Senior Day. They hand out free tickets to the game for people visiting, I'll be sure to be at my first Jacks game this weekend and looking forward to it!

Comment

I'm just hoping Batten or one of his colleagues don't kill one of their offensive players. I think the intensity will be there and its going to be ugly, really ugly for the trees.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X