Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

I think the crowd was especially down last night. But we do have a quiet crowd since the cowbells went away. Also, the Defense Guy who used to be near the top of Section G seems to be gone. He always got people going. He would ORDER that people cheer and the seemed to listen. Now, when you stand to cheer on third down, for instance, sheesh...you feel totally self-conscious. Nobody gets up. Last night, the two women behind us commented on our standing all the time. I love standing and cheering, but when you start feel you are annoying others, it gets tougher....like I said, you get very selfaware...and aware that others aren't joining in and don't seem to want to. I think crowds at other venues are much more into things.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      I think the lack of emotion in the crowd simply reflects the fact that nobody ever thought the game last night was in doubt. Not for an instant.

Exactly. The word around Jackrabbit land was that this was going to be a laugher. So, it was tough getting excited about a team like Ind. State coming to town. The trees were absolutely terrible. Their Coach was all up in arms about the Jacks running up the score! He should have been mad at his players for all the dropped passes, poorly thrown balls, missed tackles etc. Not the late score by the Jacks. You CANNOT tell your players to stop playing. That's more of an embarrasment to the other team than playing hard until the end. Poor it on Jacks.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        I think the crowd was especially down last night. But we do have a quiet crowd since the cowbells went away. Also, the Defense Guy who used to be near the top of Section G seems to be gone. He always got people going. He would ORDER that people cheer and the seemed to listen. Now, when you stand to cheer on third down, for instance, sheesh...you feel totally self-conscious. Nobody gets up. Last night, the two women behind us commented on our standing all the time. I love standing and cheering, but when you start feel you are annoying others, it gets tougher....like I said, you get very selfaware...and aware that others aren't joining in and don't seem to want to. I think crowds at other venues are much more into things.
        I've heard it get pretty loud at CAS. But that has been in contested games, when every play makes a difference. We've had two blowouts at home. The crowd will be more into it for NDSU, UNI, and SIU.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          Exactly. Every time I stand on third down, I feel like I have glaring eyes piercing into my back.

Comment

Either everyone stands or everyone sits, in order for everyone to see.Ever try to get everyone to do something? Not easy, especially when some of the people are old & don't want to stand.It's got to be a spontaneous thing when the game is close & in doubt.People pay for seats to sit in , not standing spots.I personaly can go either way, but i don't see it as a snub on the effort put forth by the team.It's got good arguments either way.It's how each individual looks at it How about asking people if they would like a standing or sitting spot when they purchase a ticket?

Comment

Just stand... you have just as much right as a ticket buyer to stand as they do to sit... if they can't see thats the choice they are making for sitting. Last spring at the Alan Jackson concert in SuFu I was standing. The old fun hating farts behind us starting kicking our chairs into the back of our legs. Maybe once we move the pride we can turn there are into the Sr. Section! haha
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I wouldn't be too worried about the crowd not being all that into it in the first two games, as neither were very close. The crowd will be just fine once games start getting more competitive, as I'd be surprised to hear anyone complain about the lack of crowd noise in the NDSU, UNI, and SIU games.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

The main thing is to have a sense of humor about the whole thing.I personaly would like to see confetti (sp?)thrown about & champagne uncorked & dancing in the stands whenever a third & short is converted into a first & ten.And, whatever happened to those megaphone things anyway & raccoon coats& school banners waving around, they really did it up right in them days!!!Ahhh!.....the good ole day's.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-20-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                    Exactly. The word around Jackrabbit land was that this was going to be a laugher. So, it was tough getting excited about a team like Ind. State coming to town. The trees were absolutely terrible. Their Coach was all up in arms about the Jacks running up the score! He should have been mad at his players for all the dropped passes, poorly thrown balls, missed tackles etc. Not the late score by the Jacks. You CANNOT tell your players to stop playing. That's more of an embarrasment to the other team than playing hard until the end. Poor it on Jacks.

GBGBGJ
                    Where were the comments about running up the score. I had mixed feelings about that last touchdown and it sounded like Stig did too.

Comment

According to TV an apology was part of Stig's press conference remarks, so if it hasn't already gotten back to coach Miles, I expect it will in time. I'd doubt that any grumbling from Miles or his assistants would be heard after hearing from Stig on it.

Classy gesture by Stig--acknowledging that last TD looked bad from any angle except the "letting a senior score his first TD" one.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Exactly. Every time I stand on third down, I feel like I have glaring eyes piercing into my back.
                        When people get on you for standing up, especially if you are a season ticket holder, simply tell the person to donate more money to SDSU athletics so they will get seats in front of you. Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          When people get on you for standing up, especially if you are a season ticket holder, simply tell the person to donate more money to SDSU athletics so they will get seats in front of you. Problem solved!
                          Best solution I have heard to the "problem".
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Thanks, I will have to use that one, especially since different people have sat behind me each of the last two games. Plus, they didn't even stand during the school song on numerous occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Plus, they didn't even stand during the school song on numerous occasions.
                              Now that is a sin.

Sorry I had to open up this can of worms and ok I can see the team comes out flat and brings the crowd with it, there was never a doubt even when it was only 10-0 at half, etc. But I was still very disgusted and it's not the first time. Thank you, thank you to the Pride and their continued noise-making when the other team has the ball. This seems to be an improvement from the past.

This three week road trip is going to be painful. About as painful as waiting for Sept. 12 was.

I'm ready for NDSU and I'm ready to stand up and cheer!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                                The strength (it there is one) of Indiana St. is their defense. We put up more points than FBS Louisville did. That said, we played poorly in the first half. I was disappointed in the play calling when it was 3rd and less than one from the 12 and we throw and incompletion then miss a FG. I would like to think we could have ran it twice and got the first down. Then go in for 6. We're going to need to figure out how to finish drives.

Our D in playing great. Finally, this is what we've expected the last two years and they are coming up big time. Fun to watch.
                                I think the passing game was OK. Crawford put up solid numbers but there are other things I factor in.
                                Drive #1- We throw in 1st down and don't complete it. We ran twice and had to punt because of the incompletion.
                                Drive #2- We ran for about 8 yards on the first to downs and then decided to pass. We get sacked on that instead of running and getting the 1st down.
                                I think on both those drives, we could have just ran the ball and got a 1st down. Crawford didn't do anything stupid and just said, I'll let my defense take care of business.
                                Same thing happened on 3rd and less than 1 later. I know they are good at stopping the run but I think we could get 1 or 2 yards if we tried to run it.
                                I hope you don't think I'm putting Crawford down( he played good) I just think on those 3 drives we could have ran for the 1st downs. He didn't take many sacks or turn the ball over(much) but I was hoping that we'd convert on those situtations. When we play better teams, 3rd and 1 or 2 must be converted.

Comment

Working...
                                X