Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

isu has a good defense, we just had too many weapons to defend against....hang in there Sycamores, you'll win a game & get the monkey off your back this year & break the losing streak you,ve endured for now 30 games.Good luck to them the rest of the season & don't get discouraged.

Comment

Here's to hoping that the Sycamores get four or five more wins this season.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Amen to that, maybe they can help us out with UNI for sure

Comment

No doubt the defense for ISU was better than what many of us thought. I am curious to see what the time of possession is for the game. If SDSU had over 30 minutes, then the ISU defense was on the field a long time. I thinking in the first half ISU might have more than 15 minutes as we allowed a few first downs and they seem to have made a few stops on us. I think with Crawford having only one pick in two games, he is doing a great job and showing senior confidence. We need to convert on every drive and have to settle for a FG. Right now that seems to be our vulnerability is stalling within the red zone.

Comment

I think time of posession was somewhere around 35 to 25 SDSU's favor,using round up figures.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              I think time of posession was somewhere around 35 to 25 SDSU's favor,using round up figures.
              Looks like we wore ISU defense down than. A very good thing. With younger players, there seemed to be some frustration towards the end, even the coach protesting one call, but I suspect he was trying to be a baseball manager and was itching for being kicked out in order to rally the troops.

Comment

Kyle Minett with more yards rushing than ISU total offense. 95 to 90

Comment

I think we'll wear down a lot of defenses this year, as we have so many different threats to throw at them, it'll be very frustrating to try & nulify each & every one, so, i think a pattern of us controlling the football for more time through out the game should emerge, also our defense is just icing on the cake as it'll be very difficult for them to keep the ball for long periods of time also,we have the complete package this year, IMHO.Just the panthers , bison seem to be comming along too, & Southern Illinois are our major opponents, but don't look past the rest, because it's a tough, tough, conference.

Comment

Ryan Crawford has made two bad throws in two entire games. He's connecting on something like 70 percent of his passes. Tonight he extended a couple of plays with his athletic ability. We really couldn't ask more of that position than we're getting from Ryan. I must admit, it's fun to watch Thomas O'Brien play like he did tonight. On one play, O'Brien sidestepped the rush and floated a perfect pass to Aaron Rollins. It looked effortless. He's a smooth and talented athlete.

So we're getting near perfect play from our fifth-year senior, and some quality snaps for the talented RS freshman. You have to be happy with the QB position, which looked like a question-mark after the Marker game last year.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

70% passing efficiency, i'll take that in a heart beat, thank you very much!

Comment

It would be nice to not come out flat. I'd say that's two games in a row SDSU has started flat. We'll find ourselves down 21-0 real quick if we start like that against UNI on Hobo Day.

Anyhow, it was hard to watch the ISU offense....it. was. terrible.

Overall, great game Jackrabbits!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The Jacks looked flat offensively in the first half. Much better, but still kind of uneven, in the second half. Beating the top teams in the conference probably is going to take better and more consistent offensive play than we saw against ISU. Love the Jacks' relentlessness defensive nature, though. The defense held ISU to less than 100 yards of offense and no points. That's impressive.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Duffy's blocked punt was a very nice play and he almost blocked a second punt. Catch by Steffen was awesome. Very worthy of the play of the game. Defense played a very good game. Offense was a little sluggish in the first half but they came out better in the second half.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Coverage from Terre Haute:

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local...263001548.html

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local...263002234.html
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Defense: A or A+ (Helped by a couple ISU dropped passes that would have been first downs. ISU's offense is really bad.)

Offense: First half D / Second half B+ (It's hard to give just one grade. We'll need to be more diverse against top teams. Would have been well under 100 yards rushing if not for a long run at the end. Crawford looked sharp again.)

Special teams: Kickoffs A / Field goals C- (Can't miss 32-yarders.)

The defense was just spectacular. The offense, in the first half, was unimpressive with three, I believe, thee-and-outs against a truly bad team. Got things cranked up after halftime.
                                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X