Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU breaks season ticket record

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    This how I see it too, rep points given. I hope the engineering studies are wrong and that the west stands may last 20 years as we need that much time. I just hope we got some good thinkers and talkers who are going to maximize both large and small gifts in reaching the goals of funds needed.

As far as season ticket holders, it was so embarrassing in the past that they seldom if ever released the total number. We made progress, but we got a long ways to go.
    Yup, and that's how the AD and the President see it, too.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Part of the whole process is, I imagine, to convert some of those 10,000+ walk-up ticket purchasers that came last week (for instance) into season ticket purchasers. The culture of the SDSU fan has been to be a walk-up ticket buyer which, from a revenue stream and future planning point of view is a bad thing--it's too variable, being dependent on the weather, how the team happens to be doing, etc., etc.

I have no inside knowledge, but I'd imagine that going forward you'll see more and more amenities, benefits, and enticements being offered to season ticket holders only (like pre-game meet & greets in the Dykhouse Center?). We need to put the program on a more solid financial base, and that means convincing some of those walk-up people (of which I am one, living 6 hours away) to become football season ticket holders.

I think it will be a process--it certainly won't happen overnight. Like everything, it needs to be built up, one brick at a time, so to speak.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        This how I see it too, rep points given. I hope the engineering studies are wrong and that the west stands may last 20 years instead of 10, as we need that much time. I just hope we got some good thinkers and talkers who are going to maximize both large and small gifts in reaching the goals of funds needed.
        I think we have the right guys in there now to do just that. I sure hope that people that haven't been involved will begin to be. I can say that my group of friends is very interested in SDSU football, its just the initial lack of funding after college that slows some down. I hope I can help in the near future after I graduate.

But just so you know, if the dream I had the other night comes true and I do win a $150 Million Powerball, there will be a new stadium, the Dykhouse Center's Second Phase will be a piece of cake, the Indoor Practice Facility will be no problem, and the baseball and softball fields will have very nice seating!
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
        X