Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Agreed. It's been a bit slow on our end with only two commitments so far, but after this weekend we should be getting alot more news and verbals.
    More players coming up this weekend???

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      How bout we spend some time wondering who the Jacks are going to sign rather than who NDSU gets. Being an Ex-player who used to play against those guys I could really care less who goes up there.
      Which one do you want to discuss? I'm a patient man, but I admit, I'm getting a little nervous. I keep reminding myself that the basketball coaches were patient and it paid off.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        Gebhart is fast on the football field also. Vraa is the one that surprises me that wasn't getting more FBS looks. Mr. Football in MN is a pretty impressive award, but the 4.58 forty time must be what held the offers back.
        Vraa verballing to NDSU absolutely ruins my day. His speed and stats kept FBS schools off of him, but he is LEGIT. He will get faster - heck, he was one of the top 110 meter hurdlers in MN as a junior. Kudos to NDSU as Zach will be a difference maker...assuming they use him correctly.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

justin conzemuis was on kfan today, said ndsu got the steal of the recruiting season with Grant Olson (wayzata), not Vraa. although both seem to be quality recruits for ndsu. As a gopher fan, i am just mad to all end knowing that brewster wouldn't want anything other than a walk on offerred to these 2 and mounds views billy turner. will sdsu be recruiting in twin cities area? havent seen much.

Comment

... IMO but too much has been made about Gebhart going to NDSU. Being fast on the track doesn't necessarily mean that he is going to be fast on the football field.
            How bout we spend some time wondering who the Jacks are going to sign rather than who NDSU gets. Being an Ex-player who used to play against those guys I could really care less who goes up there.
            You're the one that brought Gebhart's name up.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              Vraa verballing to NDSU absolutely ruins my day. His speed and stats kept FBS schools off of him, but he is LEGIT. He will get faster - heck, he was one of the top 110 meter hurdlers in MN as a junior. Kudos to NDSU as Zach will be a difference maker...assuming they use him correctly.
              I have had the privilege of watching Vraa play. This kid is going to do some very good things IF NDSU FINDS A QUARTERBACK WHO CAN THROW TO HIS OWN TEAM AND COMPLETE PASSES. I didn't realize his speed was 4.58 when I saw him play as I thought he was a bit faster than that.

Comment

No commitment, but a story on Marsh:

D1-AA South Dakota State, a team that finished second in the Missouri Valley Conference with a 7-1 record (8-4 overall) and earned a FCS playoff berth, is hot on the tail of Millard South’s record-breaking quarterback Bronson Marsh.

MyHitNews has not posted any offers for Marsh, but that does not mean he has no offer(s) from a D-1AA or D-II–he does. Right now the main concern for Marsh is that he wants an opportunity to perform at the highest level possible and he wants to play quarterback.

http://myhitnews.com/2009/12/19/sout...1/#comment-792
                “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  are all 20 of these Bison recruits getting full (or near) scholarships? 20 seems like a big class and you still have a month left....

I expect a few verbals over the next week and a half but that is just a guess.....
                  Three factors. First are the players kicked off the team recently, as NorCalJack said. Second are a fair number of warm weather and metro recruits that have bailed over the last couple years(one never set foot on campus and another only lasted a few weeks). Finally, injuries forced us to pull a large number of redshirts this last season. The last isn't a big factor, since it's effects won't completely show up for three or four seasons, but it's there.

Bohl was talking about 23 recruits this year, but the number will probably be 24 or 25. In at least one situation, we set our sights high and targeted two players, only expecting to get one, but ended up with both. Another case is a kid who was recruited last year but was academically ineligible. He still came to NDSU and has been paying his own way to get his grades in order and it's looking good. Whether NDSU ends up with 24 or 25 will probably be due to whether you count this kid with the 2009 or 2010 class. I think we're still looking at two safeties(hoping to get one) and a kicker. If we get one of the S and the kicker, then the class should number 25, including the kid working on his grades. Our messageboard offer list has more names on it, but the coaches have probably stopped recruiting those kids after getting names higher on their lists.

Comment

Here is a new recruit. Zach Albrecht WR - Kearney, NE. Zach was 2nd team Super State in Nebraska this year. I have no official reference in the media, but I did have lunch with a family member today.

Albrecht is 6' 3", 210 lbs. and would be a physical possession receiver. He runs a 4.7 - 40, which has limited his recruiting. He has started as a DE since his sophomore year at Kearney High School, which is among the top programs in the large Nebraska schools. Besides SDSU, Albrecht is garnering attention from D-II schools UNO and University of Nebraska, Kearney, in addition to Southern Utah. Nebraska and Kansas State have talked to him about walking on to their programs, but Albrecht is only considering schools that will offer a scholarship. He likely would only need a partial scholarship as he is smart enough to get academic scholarships.

I suspect he is leaning towards UNK as a very good friend, Rustin Dring, is their featured running back. Dring was also recruited as a DB by the Jacks two years ago, but he chose to be a running back for UNK. Too bad, he runs a 4.38 - 40 and was one of the top running backs in D-II this year as a sophomore.

Listed below is the Super State teams from Nebraska.

http://www.journalstar.com/sports/hi...cc4c002e0.html

Despite his limited speed, Albrecht is a very good athlete and is one of the top players on the basketball team that is ranked 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                      Three factors. First are the players kicked off the team recently, as NorCalJack said. Second are a fair number of warm weather and metro recruits that have bailed over the last couple years(one never set foot on campus and another only lasted a few weeks). Finally, injuries forced us to pull a large number of redshirts this last season. The last isn't a big factor, since it's effects won't completely show up for three or four seasons, but it's there.

Bohl was talking about 23 recruits this year, but the number will probably be 24 or 25. In at least one situation, we set our sights high and targeted two players, only expecting to get one, but ended up with both. Another case is a kid who was recruited last year but was academically ineligible. He still came to NDSU and has been paying his own way to get his grades in order and it's looking good. Whether NDSU ends up with 24 or 25 will probably be due to whether you count this kid with the 2009 or 2010 class. I think we're still looking at two safeties(hoping to get one) and a kicker. If we get one of the S and the kicker, then the class should number 25, including the kid working on his grades. Our messageboard offer list has more names on it, but the coaches have probably stopped recruiting those kids after getting names higher on their lists.
                      I post this, and an hour and a half later news breaks that one of the two safeties has verbaled. I think all NDSU is looking for now is a kicker.

According to Steve Hallstrom(WDAY-TV sports director and the guy who broke the news), NDSU now has 273 committments for the fall.

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

The topic is 2010 (SDSU) Football Recruiting List. Let's get it back on track.

Sure, sometimes posts about another school are directly relevant to the topic but now we're getting NDSU scouting reports and those are not relevant. We have sections for news about other schools, conference schools and smack. Where's the line? You may be surprised to know that the Moderators tend to figure out where the line is.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Comment

The latest from Terry's blog. No commit announcements but and update on the recruiting front:

The Jackrabbits' coaches have been on the road this week, trying to make in-home visits to all the top prospects in each of their position groups before the official campus visits crank up next week. That said, there seem to be two campus visits going on this week - QB Jordan Thomas from Santa Ana Junior College and CB Richard Crawford from Saddleback College. (Yes, both those schools are in California, where it's much warmer than minus-25.) If either or both of those guys commit, they're likely to enroll in school for the upcoming semester.

SDSU still hopes to get a young kicker, probably one of the in-state prospects, but it remains to be seen how much scholarship cash it will have available.

Among the players set to visit later this month are five from the Chicago area. SDSU has began looking there seriously for the first time this season after finding TE Vince Benedetto last year, and offensive assistant Shannon Moore is leading the charge. Moore also handles Wisconsin and Wyoming - he made contacts at the latter when serving as the head coach of an indoor football team - and multiple players from both of those states are expected to visit campus, too.

(read more)

Comment

Why so nervous? Later postseason play pushes our recruiting back a bit, hopefully we'll get used to that every year. I think we are in the mix with a lot of schools for coveted athletes. The coveted athlete has more options, so they are going to take more time to make a decision. Now, I don't like they are visiting during -40 weather. Sure might sway some either way. But from what I understand SDSU will suit up a team next year. If not I still got 4 years of eligibility, I'll drop the weight and get ready to represent.
                              Sit back enjoy the ride. We'll have 20 verbals and everyone can just relax. It's not a race to verbals it's to get the highest quality athlete whether he commits as a 5th grader or on Signing Day!
                              Watch some basketball.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                Why so nervous? Later postseason play pushes our recruiting back a bit, hopefully we'll get used to that every year. I think we are in the mix with a lot of schools for coveted athletes. The coveted athlete has more options, so they are going to take more time to make a decision. Now, I don't like they are visiting during -40 weather. Sure might sway some either way. But from what I understand SDSU will suit up a team next year. If not I still got 4 years of eligibility, I'll drop the weight and get ready to represent.
                                Sit back enjoy the ride. We'll have 20 verbals and everyone can just relax. It's not a race to verbals it's to get the highest quality athlete whether he commits as a 5th grader or on Signing Day!
                                Watch some basketball.
                                Good point! Our coaching staff has done a poor job of recruiting the local elementary schools, and if Coach Stig & Co. don't do something about it Coach Bohl will convince these kids to verbal to NDSU before they reach middle school!
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X