• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JaRon Harris / Packers' depth chart

Some blog posts from Packers.com

Tuesday Evening Post-Practice Update
    August 04, 2009, 9:34 pm

For the offense, non-drafted rookie WRs Kole Heckendorf and JaRon Harris each made diving catches from QB Matt Flynn in 7-on-7 work.
    and...

Sunday Morning Post-Practice Update
    August 02, 2009, 11:02 am

The offense made its share of solid plays, though, with WR JaRon Harris making a diving catch over the middle on a throw from QB Brian Brohm.
    http://www.packers.com/news/blogs/20...ing_camp_blog/

Looks like he's getting involved with the 2nd team offense...Nothing on the special teams, though.

Comment

Photo of JaRon

http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.c...w=600&Maxh=500

Comment

Twitter posts about JaRon from Packers beat writer http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard:

-Rodgers hits JaRon harris deep. Collins late. Bibgy too slow in coverage

-JaRon Harris the star of the day so far

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          Twitter posts about JaRon from Packers beat writer http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard:

-Rodgers hits JaRon harris deep. Collins late. Bibgy too slow in coverage

-JaRon Harris the star of the day so far
          What I like about this is that Aaron Rodgers hit JaRon, not Flynn, not Brohm. Getting some play with #1's. Also Collins and Bigby are #1 defense as well. All good signs.

Comment

Anyone know if the Packers preseason game on Saturday will be broadcasted on any channel in South Dakota? I would like to watch JaRon in action.

Comment

The NFL Network will be showing it at Midnight Saturday night (Sunday Morning).

Comment

JaRon was thrown to once in this game. It came at the start of the 4th quarter. It was a catchable ball but unfortunetely JaRon tipped the pass and it was intercepted... not the start i was hoping for but he can onnly move forward from here..

Comment

A couple AP photos of JaRon.

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?...rris&intv=None

Comment

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/56253662.html

Lets hope for practice squad now!
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Being cut this early before final cuts, it's doubtful JaRon will make the Packers practice squad.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Lets hope for practice squad now!
                        Screw the practice squad. Let's hope someone from another team gets their head out and let's him return punts and kicks and work his way into their lineup.

Comment

I think he made a horrible choice going to the Packers, who are pretty well set at WR. There are plenty of other teams where he would have got a better look. Oh well, I like his speed in the wide open CFL...

Comment

I was surprised to hear from a Packers fan co-worker that he never saw or heard of JaRon getting a shot at return duties. My guess is at some time in practice at least he must have but for whatever reason he didn't get that shot in preseason games.

Without return game participation it is tough for a undrafted guy like JaRon to make a team unless you show the ability to be a total freak on coverage teams. For instance, Chris Walsh with the Vikings years ago made a career as a wide receiver out of being a non-return special teamer. But that is unusual for a wide receiver.

I hope JaRon finds another opportunity.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                              I was surprised to hear from a Packers fan co-worker that he never saw or heard of JaRon getting a shot at return duties. My guess is at some time in practice at least he must have but for whatever reason he didn't get that shot in preseason games.

Without return game participation it is tough for a undrafted guy like JaRon to make a team unless you show the ability to be a total freak on coverage teams. For instance, Chris Walsh with the Vikings years ago made a career as a wide receiver out of being a non-return special teamer. But that is unusual for a wide receiver.

I hope JaRon finds another opportunity.
                              I tried keeping a close eye on JaRon by reading the Packer newspapers and blogs but never saw anything written about him returning a kick or punt.
                              It seemed like he had a problem catching the ball during camp which is too bad.

I think he has the talent to stick somewhere though whether it's the CFL or USFL and hopefully work his way back to another shot at the NFL. I see USD's Stefan Logan got cut a couple years and than went and had a successful season in the CFL and now it's looking like he'll end up on an NFL roster so perseverance can pay off.

Comment

Any word on if Kole Heckendorf from NDSU is still with the Packers?

Comment

Working...
                                X