SDSU and USD Battle for the Golden Pheasant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU and USD Battle for the Golden Pheasant

Has my knowledge of these minuscule places given away what town I grew up in yet jacksfaninne?

Rep points for the first one who guesses it (multiple guesses don't count)!
    Last edited by Kemo; 04-29-2009, 03:44 PM.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Yes only when someone old from Volga mentions it.
      I'm not from Volga but that is what my friend from Hetland used to call it. But I do remember driving through town and seeing Humpy the local cop out at his speed trap.

Comment

Bonilla, SD is a small town.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Has my knowledge of these minuscule places given away what town I grew up in yet jacksfaninne?
          No, but another one of your posts sometime back did. You were a Cub, just like me and at least one other person on this board.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            I'm not from Volga but that is what my friend from Hetland used to call it. But I do remember driving through town and seeing Humpy the local cop out at his speed trap.
            Years ago Volga and Arlington were in the same conference and rivals, but since the enrollments for Volga went up and Arlington went down they don't play each other very often. Also one is Class A and one Class B. Arlington used to refer to Volga as Dogpatch and Volga called Arlington, Peckerville. Since they dont compete much anymore both negatives have kind of disappeared. I guess the same would happen if SDSU and USD did not play for a long time.

Comment

Anyone remember what this thread was about? Must not have been very important.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The thread drift has been wonderful! 13 pages and going strong! :P

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  OK. Time to get serious. Big Springs? Nora? Now them's some stomping grounds.
                  I grew up right between those two metros.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                    I am out of the loop here never heard of Nora or Big Springs. West River or east river SD?

Comment

Think Cuthbert-- grew up about six miles via Milwaukee Road from Cuthbert!

Now to USD. I don't only think it's best for SDSU to not play, I think it's best for the Coyotes.

If you look on the USD board, there's a fair amount of chatter about this subject but next to nothing about their upcoming game with UCF-- a genuine big name FBS program. Look on anygivensaturday and (at least when I checked about a day ago) there were several posts about the USD/UCF game but none from Coyote fans. Certainly this is a program that needs to aim its sights directly at DI athletics. It would be better for both parties if we weren't trapped in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I am out of the loop here never heard of Nora or Big Springs. West River or east river SD?
                        Shameful. They're east river. Southeast corner. Beautiful country.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                          I know you did. Not everyone can be as fortunate as us.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Shameful. They're east river. Southeast corner. Beautiful country.
                            ...but a little too close to Iowa Just kidding Iowans
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                              Now to USD. I don't only think it's best for SDSU to not play, I think it's best for the Coyotes.

If you look on the USD board, there's a fair amount of chatter about this subject but next to nothing about their upcoming game with UCF-- a genuine big name FBS program. Look on anygivensaturday and (at least when I checked about a day ago) there were several posts about the USD/UCF game but none from Coyote fans. Certainly this is a program that needs to aim its sights directly at DI athletics. It would be better for both parties if we weren't trapped in the past.

Um, I'm not a moderator, but I would appreciate it if you would please stay on topic. Thanks.

Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                                Is it still Stephenson Grain and Trucking. Mashed gears in one of their trucks when I went with a friend who drove for them back in college. And is Arlington still called Peckerville?

Eugene Stephenson was my fellow triker. I think we were 4 and 5 years old and covered every street in town. Those were different times. Preschoolers now days couldn't be allowed such freedom.
                                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X