• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU and USD Battle for the Golden Pheasant

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    2 for and 2 against?
    Close: 6-5-1

haha

Good humor today Doc. No patients, or day off?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I think there's a goodly measure of childish behavior on both sides, as this post demonstrates.
      Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        The reason anyone from USD has promoted the game is because the business school is there, and any run of the mill idiot could figure out that it would be a HUGE gate. HUGE.......for both schools. Good Lord, you have this almighty CAS (average at best) so a big gate would do well for you financially. If you don't think that is a good business plan, then don't hire the AD from UNI, because I guaranty you that his approach will be intra-state rivals are good for the coffers. UNI plays Iowa State and U of Iowa.
        Take a look at ticket revenue from the last few years and tell me what percentage of our revenue vs USD's revenue would come from an extra 5000 fans at one FB game. That's what I thought. Almost any run of the mill idiot knows the benefit is greatest for USD and of limited benefit for us.

Remember, USD inflates attendance numbers and gives away a good portion of the tickets so the revenue seems low as compared to the ticket sales.

Let me know where you want seats at CAS when the game happens, I'll make some phone calls.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Close: 6-5-1

haha

Good humor today Doc. No patients, or day off?
          Medical students, have to let them see the patient first. Gives me some down time to talk Jackrabbits and now I guess Coyotes.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Medical students, have to let them see the patient first. Gives me some down time to talk Jackrabbits and now I guess Coyotes.
            Kinda hurts doesn't it?

Comment

How many train with/under you?

I am assuming from USD's med school?

And no, I am not meaning anything other than the question.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                I'll see your Manchester and raise you a Dempster. How's that? I think there are at least 40 people that live in Dempster.
                Manchester has one monument and one building after the tornado. Esmond to the south and west of Manchester has one household, a grain elevator, and an active Unitied Methodist church. For a hour or two on Sundays, Esmond probably has more people than Manchester and Dempster if 40 or more show up for church. Also between Manchester and Esmond, Harvey Dunn grew up on a farmstead. And if you are out and about touring go south on the road from Manchester and you end up in Carthage, the home of Charles Coughlin. Its amazing how two of our greatest people associated with SDSU came from this very rural farm country.

Comment

Kinda hurts doesn't it?
                  I'm not going to admit anything.......at this point........but as you can probably guess I've put my big foot in my even bigger mouth before and I can promise you I'll do it again. Might not be with respect to this issue but.....

For now, I'm planning on seeing the Jacks vs Yotes in 2011 as part of the Summit league schedule.

Comment

Turton is 11 miles north of Doland...some great SDSU supporters hail from Turton. When Turton had a high school, they were the "Frogs".

Famous NFL star, record-setter for the LA Rams, and coach of the Vikings, Norm Van Brocklin, is from Parade, SD.

Is geography another version of pie?

Comment

Take a look at ticket revenue from the last few years and tell me what percentage of our revenue vs USD's revenue would come from an extra 5000 fans at one FB game. That's what I thought. Almost any run of the mill idiot knows the benefit is greatest for USD and of limited benefit for us.

Remember, USD inflates attendance numbers and gives away a good portion of the tickets so the revenue seems low as compared to the ticket sales.

Let me know where you want seats at CAS when the game happens, I'll make some phone calls.
                      Doc, attendance is not what I am talking about. Ticket price is. $35 vs. $15. $20 X 15,000 = $300,000

Class dismissed

( I'll be in the pressbox, but I'll pay my $35 )

Comment

I'm not going to admit anything.......at this point........but as you can probably guess I've put my big foot in my even bigger mouth before and I can promise you I'll do it again. Might not be with respect to this issue but.....

For now, I'm planning on seeing the Jacks vs Yotes in 2011 as part of the Summit league schedule.
                        I tell you what. It would only be appropriate that when we do play each other we should sit together, and set the tone for how respectful fans behave. The logic is you and I can do it, then anyone on this board, or the few we have posting on our board, can do it.

I'll even buy supper/dinner before hand or afterward. My treat.

the olive branch is extended

Comment

How many train with/under you?

I am assuming from USD's med school?

And no, I am not meaning anything other than the question.
                          My appointment is as an Academic Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine. I advise/mentor 2 third year students per year. I also take 2nd and 4th year students as part of elective rotations. I lecture to the 3rd and 4th year students as part of their curriculum and also assist in teaching the board review courses. I lecture to 1st and 2nd year students in Vermillion as part of their Pulmonary physiology course.

I also interview students that apply for medical school and residents that apply for positions in the USDSM Internal Medicine residency.

Yes, they are all USD students and I hope some day they will be physicians that serve the state of South Dakota.

Way of topic, sorry.

Comment

I tell you what. It would only be appropriate that when we do play each other we should sit together, and set the tone for how respectful fans behave.
                            I am not sure you could keep up with him. JackMD roams the East Sidelines like no one's business!

Comment

What about the town of Holabird?

Hey, we could play the Golden Pheasant game there!

Comment

Will you stop it? Good Lord, you all think that the only thing we care about is playing SDSU.

For you to say our President, AD, and coaches have a sole focus of that is ridiculous.

I will back off on the posts in the future because I don't want to be known as combatant, but good God people, there are a few of you that think SDSU invented D-1. Get off your high horsies. Go pretend that Southern Georgia and SDSU will have this major rivalry, and see how many travel to Georgia Southern for a game.

I know Filbert will jump in and probably "scoldor ban" me for a period of time, but do all of you honest to God think that you are this national D-1 power? Your womens teams did well, they both have played in the NCAA's. Your football team has done pretty good, I think I would be pleased with the progression. Your mens basketball team quite honestly stinks, and is going nowhere quick. Your other sports are luke warm at best.

I could give one crap less whether we play you or not. As I have stated, if we do, you better drill us to the wall, or anything short of that and you have opened yourselves up for scrutinization. The staff you mentioned in all the meetings I have been involved with have brought up SDSU once...once. That's it. Sorry to disappoint you, but ONCE. And it wasn't in football.

If you go to our web site, there was a poll taken, and quite frankly about 50% of the voters (last time I checked) said the it should be up to SDSU when we play. And that's on our website. Fans understand that you hold that card, and you are going to play it. But don't be so blind about the subject.

The reason anyone from USD has promoted the game is because the business school is there, and any run of the mill idiot could figure out that it would be a HUGE gate. HUGE.......for both schools. Good Lord, you have this almighty CAS (average at best) so a big gate would do well for you financially. If you don't think that is a good business plan, then don't hire the AD from UNI, because I guaranty you that his approach will be intra-state rivals are good for the coffers. UNI plays Iowa State and U of Iowa.

Keep going with Georgia Southern, Deleware, and all those "bigger than life" games, and let USD schedule more regionally, and see where the athletes sign? Who in the hell wants to go to georgia Southern more than once when their family lives in Watertown? The answer is: "only USD hater" fans.

My analysis of this whole bantering thing is quite frankly you are the ones acting like kids with toys they don't want to share. USD fans for the most part could give one less crap about playing you. Lastly, there is a large contingent of YOUR fan base that wants to play USD. They are the ones without blinders on.
                                I am not going to comment blow by blow of what you have posted, but I did notice when USD was admitted to the Summit, the big story was playing SDSU again, and it was secondary that you found a conference for most of your sports, and that the suffering of being an independant was over. I was also amazed that President Abbott was nailed to wall about going D1 when there was a press conference about budget cuts at USD. To me I see some weakness in committment up and down in the Coyote community. Soon you will need all of these people to donate regularly in order to meet your scholarship budgets. Gimmicks such as Wisconsin games will work for so long. A game with Wisconsin can not be counted on yearly to balance the budget. You need revenue from other sources, and I will be totally surprised if your Coyote Club ever surpasses the Jackrabbit club in donations. If it does, then somebody has really worked their tails off.

Comment

Working...
                                X