Best WR: Josh Davis, Jaron Harris
    Best DE: Jason Aune
    Best DT: Willie Jones
    Best LB: Doug Miller
    Best DB: Mitch Klein or James Epps
    Best K: Parker Douglas
    Best P: Adam Vinatieri

Enjoy!

Rabbit de CSU, I laughed out-loud when I saw this. I think were missing that intra-mural quarterback from Dells on there too. Schmeback, Schwaybar?...... something like that.

Comment

Re: Best Player Ever

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Matt Rock was injured some was he not? My memory does not serve me well, I always felt he was a big part of the yards Ranek got. Can not remember the years he played but I thought there was a leg injury maybe that kept him down a bit maybe in 2000? im sure someone could fill in the blank spots for me.

Im gonna throw out there Justin Landis also, cant remember if i read his name yet or not but he could lay a hit to set your teeth free if i recall. he sure was fun to watch.
      I was a fresheman in 2000, and I don't believe Matt Rock played one game that year due to injury. It's too bad, there were scouts at camp every day during fall ball, and I heard he was a much more polished player than zierden.

Comment

Originally posted by CSU-Rabbit View Post
        Best QB: Dan Fjeldheim
        Best RB: Josh Ranek
        Best FB: Greg Peitz or Dan Dykhouse
        Best OL: Timmerman, Brock Zierden, Michael Suhn
        Best TE: Steve Heiden, Chris Wagner
        Best WR: Josh Davis, Jaron Harris
        Best DE: Jason Aune
        Best DT: Willie Jones
        Best LB: Doug Miller
        Best DB: Mitch Klein or James Epps
        Best K: Parker Douglas
        Best P: Adam Vinatieri

Enjoy!
        This list had to have been made after the "Binnewies Bash" or Young Hall's "mega Keg"
        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
        Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          In the mid seventies there was also a guy from Beresford. Gene ?, who played either the offensive line or defensive line. Mean and mean. At the Jackrabbit Stampede the football team had a team in the wild horse ride, Lynn Boden and this guy were on it along with two others. He grabbed the horses head and bit into the horses ear, while they saddled it, caused an uproar. I think they also beat the crap out of the poor horse.
          I think the guy from Beresford that you're talking about was Doug Voss. He was one crazy SOB.
          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
            I think the guy from Beresford that you're talking about was Doug Voss. He was one crazy SOB.
            Knew Voss since he was a kid. Always a mean b*stard. Played against him in high school. Always one of my more painful mornings after. Doug went to Ellsworth JC in Iowa and then transferred to SDSU for his last two years. I believe he was one of the few that did not secure a degree. His last day of attendance was the last game.

Comment

Yea it was Doug Voss. He was crazy but a friend. I think he went back to farming by Beresford and donated a cow for the Beef Bowl one year. He was not afraid and did not back down from a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Some of the comments about guys being the "toughest" or "meanest", brought to mind one recruit back in John Gregory's era, about 1973. I was working in the Sports Information Bureau and remember hearing about a new recruit from Folsom State out of California (that is literally what I was told...maybe I was gullible but I didn't get it at first: Folsom State as in Johnny Cash's alma mater). I won't say the guy's name but I think he was on campus only a matter of weeks and if my memory is correct, he boogied after punching out a cop at a party.
                I'm not sure where he came from but the guy's name was McGinty, I think his first name was John, aka Wild Man McGinty.
                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Some of the comments about guys being the "toughest" or "meanest", brought to mind one recruit back in John Gregory's era, about 1973. I was working in the Sports Information Bureau and remember hearing about a new recruit from Folsom State out of California (that is literally what I was told...maybe I was gullible but I didn't get it at first: Folsom State as in Johnny Cash's alma mater). I won't say the guy's name but I think he was on campus only a matter of weeks and if my memory is correct, he boogied after punching out a cop at a party.
                  I don't think Folsom State is or was Johny Cash's alma mater. He was a big time guest there for a concert, but never enrolled. Johny did have a bad chemical dependency problem and was mess when I went to his concert at the SF Arena, about 1965 and because of his stardom, he did not get sent up, but maybe should have.

I do know after reading his autobiography, that Merle Haggard was a Folsom State alum. He also had a cell near condemed guy name Carroll Chesseman, that was finally executed in 1960.
                  Chesseman case raised a lot of the arguements about the death penalty. I was in So Calif working at the time and that was all people could talk about.

DRIFT, I am done.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I don't think Folsom State is or was Johny Cash's alma mater. He was a big time guest there for a concert, but never enrolled. Johny did have a bad chemical dependency problem and was mess when I went to his concert at the SF Arena, about 1965 and because of his stardom, he did not get sent up, but maybe should have.

I do know after reading his autobiography, that Merle Haggard was a Folsom State alum. He also had a cell near condemed guy name Carroll Chesseman, that was finally executed in 1960.
                    Chesseman case raised a lot of the arguements about the death penalty. I was in So Calif working at the time and that was all people could talk about.

DRIFT, I am done.
                    There was a guy who took an official visit back during this era, who was a con man.....and i believe arrested while visiting SDSU....threatened the Coaching staff while behind bars...
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Re: Best Player Ever

My favorite player was Whiston Kaleimamahu when he lined up at fullback in the "Hawaiian Punch" package. Nothing like a 5'9'' 320+ Hawaiian lined up as a lead blocker.

Simply beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                        My favorite player was Whiston Kaleimamahu when he lined up at fullback in the "Hawaiian Punch" package. Nothing like a 5'9'' 320+ Hawaiian lined up as a lead blocker.

Simply beautiful.
                        Dude could karaoke like a mad man as well.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Dude could karaoke like a mad man as well.
                          Rumor has it Whiston could put on a mean barbeque also.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Two of my favorites are WR Lionel Macklin and DE Joey Abell.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Two of my favorites are WR Lionel Macklin and DE Joey Abell.
                              Macklin could be arguably the best WR to ever play at SDSU....statistically no! but we ran a wishbone offense back then...unbelievable hands(average speed)...It would've been interesting to see him play in a spread offense

Best Player...without question Jim Langer....when someone else makes the HOF...then we can debate it.
                              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post

Best Player...without question Jim Langer....when someone else makes the HOF...then we can debate it.
                                That's the way I feel about it. Don't care what position he played at SDSU. He's in the HOF. Enough said.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X