Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU/USD Solution--Million Dollar Game

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I think that people are letting their emotions run wild here . . .

SDSU should play USD when it makes sense (and that means $$$) to do so.

SDSU's football team is fully scheduled, I understand, through 2012.

Beyond that . . . if an SDSU-USD football game will bring to SDSU more money than any other option at that time, then yeah, go ahead and schedule it.

I'm not beholden to any "rivalry" BS one way or another. I don't have any particular burning desire to play USD in a revenue sport ever again. But I'm not opposed to it, either. It needs to be something that benefits SDSU, and benefits USD, too (because I don't expect them to be stupid about it any more than I expect the SDSU admin to be stupid about it). If it can be a benefit to SDSU, then do it. If it isn't, don't. Anything else is utterly irrational, and needs to be called out as such.

On that basis, maybe it makes sense for SDSU to play USD in basketball next year, maybe it doesn't. It depends on the $. If the Powers that Be in Sioux Falls want a football or basketball game between SDSU and USD, the answer is simple: Show Us The Money.

In football, it's not going to happen until 2013 at the earliest.

MAKE US AN OFFER.

Next subject . . .
    Fixed it for ya filbert.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Fixed it for ya filbert.
      Um.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        Why should we have to lower ourselves to that level? I don't even think people would show up for such a terrible team, to be honest. 15 people at the max. Thats counting cheerleaders too. It just wouldn't be a rivalry game.
        Glad your finally starting to see it that way.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Duuuuuudes,
          That stadium in SF sux. Saw you play Cal-something there a couple years ago. Gotta have it in Brooklinksfieldhampton!

Comment

Working...
          X